Affiliation: The Hospital for Sick Children
- A survey of physicians knowledge regarding awareness of maternal alcohol use and the diagnosis of FASAlexandra C Nevin
The University of Toronto Medical School
BMC Fam Pract 3:2. 2002..The objectives of this study were twofold: 1) to evaluate the experience, knowledge and confidence of family physicians with respect to the diagnosis of FAS and 2) to evaluate physicians awareness of maternal drinking patterns...
- Long-term neurodevelopment of children exposed to maternal nausea and vomiting of pregnancy and diclectinIrena Nulman
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Pediatr 155:45-50, 50.e1-2. 2009..To determine the effects of nausea and vomiting of pregnancy (NVP) and its treatment with diclectin on child neurodevelopment...
- Binge alcohol consumption by non-alcohol-dependent women during pregnancy affects child behaviour, but not general intellectual functioning; a prospective controlled studyI Nulman
The Motherisk Program, Division of Clinical Pharmacology Toxicology, Departments of Pediatrics and Psychology, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
Arch Womens Ment Health 7:173-81. 2004....
- Identifying the behavioural phenotype in Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: sensitivity, specificity and screening potentialK Nash
Psychology Department, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Cananda
Arch Womens Ment Health 9:181-6. 2006..Since access to psychological testing is typically limited or non-existent in remote areas, other diagnostic methods are needed to provide necessary interventions...
- Neurodevelopment of adopted children exposed in utero to cocaine: the Toronto Adoption StudyI Nulman
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Ont
Clin Invest Med 24:129-37. 2001..Follow-up into school years is warranted to evaluate the extent of these effects...
- Neurodevelopment after in utero amiodarone exposureL A Magee
Motherisk Program, Division of Clinical Pharmacology Toxicology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
Neurotoxicol Teratol 21:261-5. 1999..There may be neurotoxicity associated with transplacental exposure to amiodarone. Follow-up is warranted, although most mothers were happy with the development of their children...
- The Toronto experience in diagnosing alcohol-related neurodevelopmental disorder: a unique profile of deficits and assetsR Greenbaum
Department of Psychology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Can J Clin Pharmacol 9:215-25. 2002..Because accepted clinical methods are not pathognomonic, a novel profile approach was used to examine neuropsychological abilities and disabilities to identify children with ARND who do not meet the diagnostic criteria of FAS...
- Neurodevelopment of children exposed in utero to treatment of maternal malignancyI Nulman
Motherisk Program Division of Clinical Pharmacology Toxicology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Br J Cancer 85:1611-8. 2001..The goal of this report was to summarize all related issues into one review to facilitate both practitioners' and patients' access to known data on fetal risks and safety...
- Treatment of epilepsy in pregnancyI Nulman
Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Drugs 57:535-44. 1999..With proper preconceptional, antenatal and postpartum management up to 95% of these pregnancies have been reported to have favourable outcomes...
- Using corticosteroids during pregnancy. Are topical, inhaled, or systemic agents associated with risk?D Oren
Motherisk Team, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ont
Can Fam Physician 50:1083-5. 2004..This is consistent with results of animal studies. No similar evidence exists for topical or inhaled corticosteroids, probably because of much lower systemic exposure...