- Masculinity and health in late life menCara Tannenbaum
University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Mens Health 5:243-54. 2011....
- Continence Across Continents To Upend Stigma and Dependency (CACTUS-D): study protocol for a cluster randomized controlled trialCara Tannenbaum
Institut Universitaire de Geriatrie de Montreal, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Trials 16:565. 2015....
- Associations Between Urinary Symptoms and Sexual Health in Older AdultsCara Tannenbaum
Division of Geriatric Medicine, Universite de Montreal, 4565 Queen Mary Road, Montreal, Quebec H3W1W5, Canada Electronic address
Clin Geriatr Med 31:581-90. 2015..Taking a complete sexual history in patients with lower urinary tract symptoms is the first step toward detection and possible treatment. ..
- Sedative-hypnotic medicines and falls in community-dwelling older adults: a cost-effectiveness (decision-tree) analysis from a US Medicare perspectiveCara Tannenbaum
Faculties of Medicine and Pharmacy, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Drugs Aging 32:305-14. 2015..Sedative hypnotic agents continue to be widely prescribed even though their use in the elderly is associated with an increased risk of falls, fractures, and emergency hospitalizations...
- An educational intervention to reduce the use of potentially inappropriate medications among older adults (EMPOWER study): protocol for a cluster randomized trialPhilippe Martin
Faculte de Pharmacie, InstitutUniversitaire de Gériatrie de Montréal, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Trials 14:80. 2013..A health education program directly informing patients of prescription risks may promote inappropriate prescription discontinuation in chronic benzodiazepine users...
- A systematic review of amnestic and non-amnestic mild cognitive impairment induced by anticholinergic, antihistamine, GABAergic and opioid drugsCara Tannenbaum
Faculties of Pharmacy and Medicine, Universit de Montral, Montreal, QC, Canada
Drugs Aging 29:639-58. 2012..Mild cognitive deficits are experienced by 18% of community-dwelling older adults, many of whom do not progress to dementia. The effect of commonly used medication on subtle impairments in cognitive function may be under-recognized...
- Effect of age, education and health status on community dwelling older men's health concernsCara Tannenbaum
Department of Health and Aging, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Aging Male 15:103-8. 2012..A significant gap in evidence characterizes the process of establishing patient-centered health priorities for older men...
- Lessons learned: impact of a continence promotion activity for older community-dwelling womenC Tannenbaum
Faculty of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Neurourol Urodyn 29:540-4. 2010..We sought to evaluate the impact of an interactive continence workshop on changing participants' attitudes, knowledge and skills in relation to self-managing or seeking care for incontinence...
- Creation and testing of the Geriatric Self-Efficacy Index for Urinary IncontinenceCara Tannenbaum
Centre de Reserche, Institut Universitaire de Geriatrie de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:542-7. 2008..To report on the content development, construct validity, and reliability testing of the Geriatric Self-Efficacy Index for Urinary Incontinence (GSE-UI)...
- Responsiveness and clinical utility of the geriatric self-efficacy index for urinary incontinenceCara Tannenbaum
Center for Research, Institut Universitaire de Geriatrie de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:470-5. 2009..To report on the responsiveness testing and clinical utility of the 12-item Geriatric Self-Efficacy Index for Urinary Incontinence (GSE-UI)...
- Exercise and nutrition in older Canadian women: opportunities for community interventionCara Tannenbaum
Universite de Montreal, Centre de Recherche, Institut Universitaire de Geriatrie de Montreal, 4565 Queen Mary Road, Suite 7824, Montreal, QC H3W 1W5
Can J Public Health 98:187-93. 2007....
- What drives older women's perceptions of health-related quality of life?Cara Tannenbaum
University of Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Qual Life Res 16:593-605. 2007..Age-related differences in the way ratings of health related quality of life (HRQL) are produced are poorly understood, especially for older women...
- The relationship between sexual activity and urinary incontinence in older womenCara Tannenbaum
Research Center, Institut Universitaire de Geriatrie de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:1220-4. 2006..To determine whether continence status is associated with sexual activity in older women...
- Understanding barriers to continence care in institutionsCara Tannenbaum
Research Centre, Institut Universitaire de Geriatrie de Montreal, 4565 Queen Mary Road, Suite 7824, Montreal, QC, H3W 1W5, Canada
Can J Aging 24:151-9. 2005..To be successful, continence programs must target multidimensional elements that take into account personal, systems, and organizational level factors...
- Older women's health priorities and perceptions of care delivery: results of the WOW health surveyCara Tannenbaum
Division of Geriatrics, Department of Medicine, University of Montreal, Montreal, Que
CMAJ 173:153-9. 2005....
- Rating improvements in urinary incontinence: do patients and their physicians agree?Cara Tannenbaum
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Institut Universitaire de Geriatrie de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H3 W1 W5, Canada
Age Ageing 37:379-83. 2008....
- Experience of an incontinence clinic for older women: no apparent age limit for potential physical and psychological benefitsC Tannenbaum
Division of Geriatric Medicine, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Womens Health Gend Based Med 10:751-6. 2001..Neither advanced age nor category of incontinence precludes improvements or enhanced satisfaction with treatment. Efforts to improve targeting and compliance may improve outcomes...
- Diagnosis and management of urinary incontinence in the older patientC Tannenbaum
Division of Geriatric Medicine, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Que, Canada
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 82:134-8. 2001..CONCLUSION: UI can be effectively investigated and treated by rehabilitation practitioners by following a simple, stepwise approach...
- Urinary incontinence after stroke: identification, assessment, and intervention by rehabilitation professionals in CanadaChantale Dumoulin
Faculty of Medicine, School of Physical and Occupational Therapy, McGill University, 3630 Promenades Sir William Osler, Montreal, Quebec, H3G 1Y5, Canada
Stroke 38:2745-51. 2007..We sought to determine the extent to which OTs and PTs identify, assess, and treat UI after stroke and to identify personal and organizational predictors of UI problem identification, best-practice assessment, and intervention...
- Women's health priorities and perceptions of care: a survey to identify opportunities for improving preventative health care delivery for older womenCara Tannenbaum
Department of Medicine, Division of Geriatrics, University of Montreal, Centre de Recherche, Institut Universitaire de Geriatrie de Montreal, 4565 Queen Mary Road, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3W 1W5
Age Ageing 32:626-35. 2003..women live longer than men but consistently report poorer health status and health-related quality of life. Information is scarce on what components of care women desire to help them meet the challenges of their later years...
- Urinary incontinence in the nursing home: practical approach to evaluation and managementCara Tannenbaum
Division of Geriatric Medicine, Institut Universitaire de Geriatrie de Montreal, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Geriatr Med 20:437-52, vi. 2004..The efficacy and feasibility of comprehensive continence care programs, the use of clinical care guidelines in the nursing home, and the need for translational research in this area are addressed briefly...
- A longitudinal study of dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate (DHEAS) change in older men and women: the Rancho Bernardo StudyCara Tannenbaum
Centre de recherche de l Institut universitaire de geriatrie de Montreal, Department of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3W 1W5
Eur J Endocrinol 151:717-25. 2004..To examine the age-related and sex-specific rates and determinants of change in endogenous dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate (DHEAS) levels in older community-dwelling adults, taking into account regression to the mean...
- A systemwide formula for continence care: overcoming barriers, clarifying solutions, and defining team members' rolesFrancis Etheridge
Centre de Recherche, Institut Universitaire de Geriatrie de Montreal, Montreal, Canada Research Centre on Aging, Institut Universitaire de Geriatrie de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Canada
J Am Med Dir Assoc 9:178-89. 2008..To seek input from long-term care (LTC) administrators and staff on solutions for overcoming established barriers to continence care and the roles each team member must play in implementing them...
- Urinary incontinence after stroke: does rehabilitation make a difference? A systematic review of the effectiveness of behavioral therapyChantale Dumoulin
School of Physical and Occupational Therapy, McGill University, Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Rehabilitation of Greater Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Top Stroke Rehabil 12:66-76. 2005..Further research is urgently needed to elucidate clinical recommendations about the efficacy of behavioral approaches...
- Outcomes in urinary incontinence: reconciling clinical relevance with scientific rigourCara Tannenbaum
University of Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Eur Urol 53:1151-61. 2008..To aid clinicians in selecting an outcome measure for the assessment of urinary incontinence (UI), from the perspective of both scientific rigour and clinical utility...
- What type of urinary incontinence does this woman have?Jayna M Holroyd-Leduc
Division of Geriatrics, and Knowledge Translation Program, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
JAMA 299:1446-56. 2008..Urinary incontinence is a prevalent condition and treatment options can depend on what type of incontinence is present...