Marc Gerhard Jeschke
Affiliation: Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Threshold age and burn size associated with poor outcomes in the elderly after burn injuryMarc G Jeschke
Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Toronto, Canada Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, Canada Ross Tilley Burn Centre, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Canada Sunnybrook Research Institute, Toronto, Canada Electronic address
Burns 42:276-81. 2016....
- The effect of obesity on adverse outcomes and metabolism in pediatric burn patientsR Kraft
Shriners Hospitals for Children, Galveston, TX, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 36:485-90. 2012..Obesity influences metabolism and increases the incidence of clinical complications and worsens outcomes in pediatric burn patients...
- Norepinephrine inhibits macrophage migration by decreasing CCR2 expressionFangming Xiu
Ross Tilley Burn Centre, Sunnybrook Health Science Centre, Sunnybrook Research Institute, Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e69167. 2013..Our results demonstrate that NE regulates macrophage differentiation, proliferation and function, and may play a critical role in the dysfunctional immune response post-burn. ..
- Burns in children: standard and new treatmentsMarc G Jeschke
Ross Tilley Burn Centre, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Canada Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada Sunnybrook Research Institute, Toronto, Canada Electronic address
Lancet 383:1168-78. 2014..Similar data have been obtained in adults and elderly people who have been severely burned. We discuss recent and future developments in burn care to improve outcomes of children. ..
- Association of postburn fatty acids and triglycerides with clinical outcome in severely burned childrenRobert Kraft
Shriners Hospitals for Children and Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:314-21. 2013..Free fatty acids (FFAs) and triglycerides (TGs) are altered postburn, but whether these alterations are associated with postburn outcomes is not clear...
- Enteral nutrition support in burn care: a review of current recommendations as instituted in the Ross Tilley Burn CentreKathryn L Hall
Ross Tilley Burn Centre, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M4N 3M5, Canada
Nutrients 4:1554-65. 2012..This paper provides a review of the most recent literature examining each of these components and discusses the practices adopted in the Ross Tilley Burn Centre at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress and insulin resistance post-trauma: similarities to type 2 diabetesMarc G Jeschke
Ross Tilley Burn Center, Sunnybrook Health Science Centre and University of Toronto, ON, Canada
J Cell Mol Med 16:437-44. 2012..These recent discoveries not only highlight the importance of ER stress in the post-burn patient recovery, but furthermore enable new models to study fundamental and interventional aspects of type 2 diabetes...
- Severe injury is associated with insulin resistance, endoplasmic reticulum stress response, and unfolded protein responseMarc G Jeschke
Ross Tilley Burn Centre, Sunnybrook Health Science Centre, Department of Surgery, Sunnybrook Research Institute, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ann Surg 255:370-8. 2012..We determined whether postburn hyperglycemia and insulin resistance are associated with endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress/unfolded protein response (UPR) activation leading to impaired insulin receptor signaling...
- Transpulmonary thermodilution for hemodynamic measurements in severely burned childrenLudwik K Branski
Shriners Hospitals for Children, 815 Market Street, Galveston, TX 77550, USA
Crit Care 15:R118. 2011..Pulmonary artery catheters, however, have been associated with many risks. Our aim was to show the feasibility of continuous monitoring with minimally invasive transpulmonary thermodilution (TPTD) in severely burned pediatric patients...
- Insulin protects against hepatic damage postburnMarc G Jeschke
Shriners Hospitals for Children, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, USA
Mol Med 17:516-22. 2011..These results support the use of insulin therapy after traumatic injury to improve patient outcomes...
- Long-term persistance of the pathophysiologic response to severe burn injuryMarc G Jeschke
Shriners Hospitals for Children, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e21245. 2011....