Affiliation: St. Michael's Hospital
- Global public health implications of a mass gathering in Mecca, Saudi Arabia during the midst of an influenza pandemicKamran Khan
Centre for Research on Inner City Health, Keenan Research Centre, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Travel Med 17:75-81. 2010....
- Entry and exit screening of airline travellers during the A(H1N1) 2009 pandemic: a retrospective evaluationKamran Khan
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, St Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, Ontario M5B 1W8, Canada
Bull World Health Organ 91:368-76. 2013..To evaluate the screening measures that would have been required to assess all travellers at risk of transporting A(H1N1)pdm09 out of Mexico by air at the start of the 2009 pandemic...
- Infectious disease surveillance and modelling across geographic frontiers and scientific specialtiesKamran Khan
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Lancet Infect Dis 12:222-30. 2012....
- Failure of ivermectin per rectum to achieve clinically meaningful serum levels in two cases of Strongyloides hyperinfectionIsaac I Bogoch
Division of General Internal Medicine, University Health Network, Toronto, Canada Division of Infectious Diseases, University Health Network, Toronto, Canada Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada Division of Infectious Diseases, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Canada Department of Pharmacy, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Canada Division of Pharmaceutics and Translational Therapeutics, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
Am J Trop Med Hyg 93:94-6. 2015..In neither case did rectal suppositories of ivermectin achieve clinically meaningful serum values. Clinicians should use SC preparations of ivermectin as early as possible in Strongyloides hyperinfection and dissemination. ..
- Assessment of the potential for international dissemination of Ebola virus via commercial air travel during the 2014 west African outbreakIsaac I Bogoch
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada Divisions of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
Lancet 385:29-35. 2015..Our aim was to assess the potential for Ebola virus to spread across international borders via commercial air travel and assess the relative efficiency of exit versus entry screening of travellers at commercial airports...
- Potential for patient-physician language discordance in OntarioJennifer Sears
School of Kinesiology and Health Science, York University, Toronto, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 13:535. 2013....
- Managing febrile respiratory illnesses during a hypothetical SARS outbreakKamran Khan
Inner City Health Research Unit, St Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond St, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5B 1W8
Emerg Infect Dis 11:191-200. 2005..1% of circulating FRIs. Increasing influenza vaccination rates among the general population before the onset of respiratory season would save both money and lives...
- The utility of preemptive mass influenza vaccination in controlling a sars outbreak during flu seasonQingling Zeng
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, York University, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, ON M3J 1P3, Canada
Math Biosci Eng 4:739-54. 2007....