Onil K Bhattacharyya
Affiliation: St. Michael's Hospital
- Evaluation of a toolkit to improve cardiovascular disease screening and treatment for people with type 2 diabetes: protocol for a cluster-randomized pragmatic trialBaiju R Shah
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Trials 11:44. 2010..This study will evaluate the impact of the strategy to improve cardiovascular disease (CVD) screening, prevention and treatment for people with diabetes...
- Narcotic analgesic utilization amongst injured workers: using concept mapping to understand current issues from the perspectives of physicians and pharmacistsJanet A Parsons
Applied Health Research Centre, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond St, Toronto, Ontario, M5B 1W8, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 11:280. 2011..Factors contributing to NA utilization patterns are poorly understood. This qualitative study sought to characterize the factors contributing to NA utilization amongst injured workers from the perspectives of physicians and pharmacists...
- Developing a performance measurement framework and indicators for community health service facilities in urban ChinaSabrina T Wong
University of British Columbia, School of Nursing and Centre for Health Services Policy Research, 6190 Agronomy Road, 302, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6T 1Z3, Canada
BMC Fam Pract 11:91. 2010..We report on the development of the China results-based Logic Model for Community Health Facilities and Stations (CHS) and a set of relevant PHC indicators intended to measure CHS priorities...
- Management of cardiovascular disease in patients with diabetes: the 2008 Canadian Diabetes Association guidelinesOnil K Bhattacharyya
Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ont
CMAJ 179:920-6. 2008
- Methodologies to evaluate the effectiveness of knowledge translation interventions: a primer for researchers and health care managersOnil K Bhattacharyya
Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 64:32-40. 2011..Given the large variation in impact and costs, this review aims to highlight the importance of evaluating knowledge translation (KT) interventions by managers and researchers...
- Providers' perceptions of barriers to the management of type 2 diabetes in remote Aboriginal settingsOnil K Bhattacharyya
Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, ON M5B 1M8, Canada
Int J Circumpolar Health 70:552-63. 2011..To examine providers' perspectives of the barriers to providing diabetes care in remote First Nation communities in the Sioux Lookout Zone (SLZ) of Northwestern Ontario, Canada...
- The guideline implementability research and application network (GIRAnet): an international collaborative to support knowledge exchange: study protocolAnna R Gagliardi
University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
Implement Sci 7:26. 2012..Further research is needed to develop and evaluate implementability tools...
- A framework of the desirable features of guideline implementation tools (GItools): Delphi survey and assessment of GItoolsAnna R Gagliardi
University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
Implement Sci 9:98. 2014..Users have requested GItools, and developers have requested guidance on how to develop GItools. First it is necessary to characterize GItools. The purpose of this research was to generate a framework of desirable features of GItools...
- Near equality in quality for medication utilization among older adults with diabetes with universal medication insurance in Ontario, CanadaBaiju R Shah
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Eval Clin Pract 20:176-83. 2014....
- WikiBuild: a new online collaboration process for multistakeholder tool development and consensus buildingSamir Gupta
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
J Med Internet Res 13:e108. 2011..Existing consensus techniques are poorly suited to design of visual media, can be expensive and logistically demanding, and are subject to caveats arising from group dynamics such as participant hierarchies...
- Activating the knowledge-to-action cycle for geriatric care in IndiaJenna M Evans
Institute of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto, 155 College Street, Suite 425, Toronto, ON M5T 3M6, Canada
Health Res Policy Syst 9:42. 2011....
- Canadian Thoracic Society: Presenting a new process for clinical practice guideline productionSamir Gupta
St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Can Respir J 16:e62-8. 2009..Ultimately, it is anticipated that these changes will have a significant impact on the quality of care and clinical outcomes of individuals suffering from respiratory diseases across Canada...
- Capacity-building in family health: innovative in-service training program for teams in Latin AmericaYves Talbot
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto, 263 McCaul St, 4th Floor, Toronto, ON M5T 1W7, Canada
Can Fam Physician 55:613-3.e1-6. 2009..OBJECTIVE OF THE PROGRAM To implement a model of in-service training in primary health care for interdisciplinary teams of primary health care professionals from Brazil and Chile...
- Challenges to the provision of diabetes care in first nations communities: results from a national survey of healthcare providers in CanadaOnil K Bhattacharyya
Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, ON M5B 1M8, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 11:283. 2011..Research into the unique barriers faced by healthcare providers working in on-reserve First Nations communities is essential for developing effective quality improvement strategies...