Ali R Khan
Affiliation: Simon Fraser University
- FreeSurfer-initiated fully-automated subcortical brain segmentation in MRI using Large Deformation Diffeomorphic Metric MappingAli R Khan
School of Engineering Science, Simon Fraser University, 8888 University Drive, Burnaby BC, Canada V5A 1S6
Neuroimage 41:735-46. 2008..We also find statistically significant improvement of accuracy in FS+LDDMM over FreeSurfer for the caudate nucleus and putamen of Huntington's disease and Tourette's syndrome subjects, and the right hippocampus of Schizophrenia subjects...
- Multi-structure whole brain registration and population averageAli R Khan
School of Engineering Science, Faculty of Applied Science, Simon Fraser University, 8888 University Drive, Burnaby, BC, Canada
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2009:5797-800. 2009..We use this new method to generate a volumetric and cortical surface-based population average. The average grayscale image is found to be crisp, and allows the reconstruction and labeling of the cortical surface...
- Robust atlas-based brain segmentation using multi-structure confidence-weighted registrationAli R Khan
School of Engineering Science, Simon Fraser University, 8888 University Drive, Burnaby BC, V5A 1S6, Canada
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 12:549-57. 2009..84. We also applied our method to eight subcortical structures in MRI from the Internet Brain Segmentation Repository, with results better or comparable to competing methods...
- Optimal weights for local multi-atlas fusion using supervised learning and dynamic information (SuperDyn): validation on hippocampus segmentationAli R Khan
School of Engineering Science, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6, Canada
Neuroimage 56:126-39. 2011..These measurements indicated greater agreement with manual segmentation and lower variability for the proposed segmentation method, as compared to equally-weighted fusion...
- A combined surface and volumetric registration (SAVOR) framework to study cortical biomarkers and volumetric imaging dataEli Gibson
School of Engineering Science, Simon Fraser University
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 12:713-20. 2009..We present a framework to combine the strength of both surface-based and volumetric-based analyses for consistent, bijective data transfer between brain coordinate systems...
- Multistructure large deformation diffeomorphic brain registrationAli R Khan
School of Engineering Science, Faculty of Applied Science, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, Canada
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 60:544-53. 2013..We also demonstrate that a group-wise average atlas built with multistructure registration accounts for greater intersubject variability and provides more sensitive tensor-based morphometry measurements...
- External landmark and head-shape-based functional data normalizationMirza Faisal Beg
School of Engineering Science, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, V5A 1S6, Canada
Comput Med Imaging Graph 33:501-9. 2009....