Genomes and Genes
- CD133 expression is associated with poor outcome in neuroblastoma via chemoresistance mediated by the AKT pathwayHerve Sartelet
Department of Pathology and Cytogenetics, CHU Sainte Justine, Université de Montreal Research Center, CHU Sainte Justine, Montreal, QC, Canada
Histopathology 60:1144-55. 2012....
- Expression of nicotinic receptors in normal and tumoral pulmonary neuroendocrine cells (PNEC)Herve Sartelet
Department of Pathology, CHU Sainte Justine, Université de Montréal 3175, Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, QC, Canada H3T1C5
Pathol Res Pract 204:891-8. 2008..009). Thus, alpha7 subunit nicotinic receptor in a context of chronic nicotinic intoxication seems to be associated with an aggressive phenotype in the spectrum of the NE tumors...
- AKT pathway in neuroblastoma and its therapeutic implicationHerve Sartelet
Faculty of Medicine, University of Montreal and Pediatric Pathologist, Department of Pathology, CHU Sainte Justine, 3175, Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, H3T 1C5, Canada
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 8:757-69. 2008..Drugs with a direct or indirect inhibitory effect on the AKT pathway, used alone or in combination with other drugs, seem to hold great promise as a new therapeutic modality in neuroblastoma...
- Collapsing glomerulopathy in Galloway-Mowat syndrome: a case report and review of the literatureHerve Sartelet
Pol Bouin Laboratory, University of Reims, CHU Reims, Reims, France
Pathol Res Pract 204:401-6. 2008..The majority of the glomeruli were sclerotic. We report the first case of GMS associated with a collapsing glomerulopathy...
- Activation of the phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase/AKT pathway in neuroblastoma and its regulation by thioredoxin 1Herve Sartelet
UPRES EA3535, University of Paris South, Institut Gustave Roussy, 94805 Villejuif, France
Hum Pathol 42:1727-39. 2011..Thioredoxin 1 is a potential target for therapeutic intervention...
- Expression of erythropoietin and its receptor in neuroblastomasHerve Sartelet
Department of Pathology, Sainte Justine University Hospital Center, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cancer 110:1096-106. 2007..The objective of the current study was to evaluate expression levels of Epo and EpoR in NB and in normal tissues and their effects on the proliferation of tumor cells...
- High level of apoptosis and low AKT activation in mass screening as opposed to standard neuroblastomaHerve Sartelet
Department of Pathology, CHU Sainte Justine Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Histopathology 56:607-16. 2010....
- Identification of membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase tyrosine phosphorylation in association with neuroblastoma progressionCarine Nyalendo
Laboratoire de Medecine Moleculaire, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, C, P, 8888, Succ, Centreville, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3P8, Canada
BMC Cancer 9:422. 2009..Based on our recent demonstration that MT1-MMP phosphorylation is involved in the growth of fibrosarcoma tumors, we examined the potential role of phosphorylated MT1-MMP in neuroblastoma progression...
- Modulation of invasive properties of CD133+ glioblastoma stem cells: a role for MT1-MMP in bioactive lysophospholipid signalingBorhane Annabi
Laboratoire d Oncologie Moleculaire, Departement de Chimie, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Carcinog 48:910-9. 2009..The emergence of lead compounds targeting the stem cell niche and S1P/LPA signaling in CD133(+) cancer cells is warranted...
- Inhibition of membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase tyrosine phosphorylation blocks tumor progression in miceCarine Nyalendo
Laboratoire de Medecine Moleculaire, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, C P 8888, Succ Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3P8, Canada
Anticancer Res 30:1887-95. 2010..Overall, these findings suggest that inhibition of MT1-MMP tyrosine phosphorylation may represent an attractive strategy for the development of novel anticancer drugs...
- Genotype analysis of tumor-initiating cells expressing CD133 in neuroblastomaSonia Cournoyer
Centre de Recherche CHU Sainte Justine, Montreal, QC, Canada
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 51:792-804. 2012..Our results show that CD133high NB cells have TICs properties and present different genotyping characteristics compared to CD133low cells. Our findings reveal insights into new therapeutic targets in NB TICs...
- Expression of CD133+ cancer stem cells in childhood malignant melanoma and its correlation with metastasisRola Al Dhaybi
Division of Dermatology, CHU Sainte Justine, University of Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Mod Pathol 23:376-80. 2010..CD133(+) cancer stem cell expression in childhood malignant melanoma might correlate with lymph node and/or visceral metastasis and may have a low proliferative Ki-67 index that might explain their chemoresistance...
- Sirolimus-induced thrombotic microangiopathy is associated with decreased expression of vascular endothelial growth factor in kidneysHerve Sartelet
Pol Bouin Laboratory, University of Reims, Paris, France
Am J Transplant 5:2441-7. 2005..01). The potential role of sirolimus-induced downregulation of VEGF as a predisposing factor to the development of TMA is discussed...
- Presence of autoantibodies against tubular and uveal cells in a patient with tubulointerstitial nephritis and uveitis (TINU) syndromeLynda Abed
Department of Pathology, CHU Sainte Justine, University of Montreal, 3175, Côte Sainte Catherine Montréal, Quebec, H3T 1C5, Canada
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:1452-5. 2008
- Description of a new xenograft model of metastatic neuroblastoma using NOD/SCID/Il2rg null (NSG) miceHerve Sartelet
CHU Sainte Justine Research Center, Center de Cancérologie Charles Bruneau, Montreal, QC, Canada
In Vivo 26:19-29. 2012..These results clearly demonstrate the higher tumorigenic and metastatic potential of NB cells in NSG mice. Therefore, this xenograft NB model should prove useful in testing the efficacy of new therapeutic approaches for NB...
- c-Met activation in medulloblastoma induces tissue factor expression and activity: effects on cell migrationMathieu Provençal
Laboratoire de Medecine Moleculaire, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, C P 8888, Succursale Center Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Carcinogenesis 30:1089-96. 2009..In addition, TF-mediated non-hemostatic functions, such as migration toward FVIIa, may also play a central role in MB aggressiveness...
- LRP-1--CD44, a new cell surface complex regulating tumor cell adhesionGwenn Perrot
Universite de Reims Champagne Ardenne, Unité MEDyC, CNRS FRE 3481, Laboratoire SiRMa, Campus Moulin de la Housse, Reims, France
Mol Cell Biol 32:3293-307. 2012..Altogether, our data shed light on the LRP-1-mediated internalization of CD44 that appeared critical to define the adhesive properties of tumor cells...
- Impaired tyrosine phosphorylation of membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase reduces tumor cell proliferation in three-dimensional matrices and abrogates tumor growth in miceCarine Nyalendo
Laboratoire de Medecine Moleculaire, Centre de cancérologie Charles Bruneau, CHU Sainte Justine, 3175 Chemin Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Carcinogenesis 29:1655-64. 2008....
- The dietary flavones apigenin and luteolin impair smooth muscle cell migration and VEGF expression through inhibition of PDGFR-beta phosphorylationSylvie Lamy
Laboratoire de Medecine Moleculaire, Hôpital Ste Justine Université du Québec à Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 1:452-9. 2008..Overall, these results identify apigenin and luteolin as dietary-derived inhibitors of PDGFR-beta activity and suggest that this inhibitory effect may contribute to the chemopreventive properties of these molecules...
- Remodeling of aorta extracellular matrix as a result of transient high oxygen exposure in newborn rats: implication for arterial rigidity and hypertension riskFanny Huyard
Sainte Justine University Hospital Research Center, Department of Paediatrics, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 9:e92287. 2014..Importantly, these changes are present prior to the elevation of blood pressure and vascular dysfunction in this model, and may therefore be contributory. ..
- Tumor environment dictates medulloblastoma cancer stem cell expression and invasive phenotypeBorhane Annabi
Laboratoire de Medecine Moleculaire, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, CP 8888, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3P8
Mol Cancer Res 6:907-16. 2008..Our study suggests that MMP-9 or MT1-MMP targeting may reduce the formation of brain tumor stem cells...
- Elastin peptides signaling relies on neuraminidase-1-dependent lactosylceramide generationAnthony Rusciani
Laboratoire Signalisation et Récepteurs Matriciels SiRMa, UMR CNRS 6237, Universite de Reims Champagne Ardenne, Faculte des Sciences, Reims, France
PLoS ONE 5:e14010. 2010..As a consequence, we propose that LacCer is an early messenger for this receptor...
- Paratesticular rhabdomyosarcoma presenting as thickening of the tunica vaginalisFrancoise Rypens
Department of Medical Imaging, CHU Sainte Justine, Montreal H3T 1C5, Canada
Pediatr Radiol 39:1010-2. 2009..The tumor presented as thickening of the tunica vaginalis. Atypical US appearance and discordance with clinical features caused suspicion of a tumoral process, allowing early diagnosis and treatment...
- Mesangiolipidosis in Alagille syndrome--relationship with apolipoprotein A-IGenevieve Benoit
Division of Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, CHU Sainte Justine, 3175 chemin de la Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3T 1C5
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:2072-5. 2007
- Extraosseous Ewing sarcoma with foci of neuroblastoma-like differentiation associated with EWSR1(Ewing sarcoma breakpoint region 1)/FLI1 translocation without prior chemotherapyK Vali
Department of Surgery, Hopital Sainte Justine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hum Pathol 43:1772-6. 2012..This is the first case, documented by molecular studies, in which neuroblastoma-like differentiation has been noted in primitive neuroectodermal tumor/Ewing sarcoma without prior chemotherapy...
- Detection of N-myc amplification by FISH in immature areas of fixed neuroblastomas: more efficient than Southern blot/PCRHerve Sartelet
Department of Pathology, CHU de Grenoble, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
J Pathol 198:83-91. 2002..001) and could detect heterogeneous amplification. FISH could therefore become an important complementary procedure in assessing prognosis in neuroblastomas...
- Renal granuloma and immunoglobulin M-complex glomerulonephritis: a case of common variable immunodeficiency?Genevieve Benoit
Department of Pediatrics, CHU Sainte Justine, Universite de Montreal, 3175 chemin de la Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Pediatr Nephrol 24:601-4. 2009..CVID must be included in the differential diagnosis of renal granuloma and should be differentiated from sarcoidosis to ensure appropriate therapy...
- De novo ceramide synthesis is responsible for the anti-tumor properties of camptothecin and doxorubicin in follicular thyroid carcinomaGeraldine Rath
Universite de Reims Champagne Ardenne, Laboratoire SiRMa, CNRS UMR MEDyC 6237, Faculte des Sciences, Reims, France
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 41:1165-72. 2009....
- Expression of CD133 in differentiated thyroid cancer of young patientsMyriam Decaussin-Petrucci
Department of Pathology, Lyon Sud Hospital Centre, Pierre Benite, Hospices Civils de Lyon, University Lyon I, Lyon, France
J Clin Pathol 68:434-40. 2015..The aim of the study was to assess whether the expression of CD133 in thyroid carcinomas of children, adolescents and young adults was correlated with clinical prognostic factors...
- Hyperoxia exposure impairs nephrogenesis in the neonatal rat: role of HIF-1αConstantin R Popescu
Sainte Justine University Hospital and Research Center, and the Department of Pediatrics, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e82421. 2013..Overall, this study supports the premise that prematurely born neonates exposed to high oxygen levels after birth are vulnerable to impaired renal development...
- Acute megakaryoblastic leukemia in an infant mimicking polycystic kidney diseaseSylvie Daliphard
Department of Hematology, CHU Reims, France
Med Pediatr Oncol 38:53-4. 2002
- Leydig cell tumors in children: contrasting clinical, hormonal, anatomical, and molecular characteristics in boys and girlsPatricia Olivier
Endocrinology Service and Research Center, CHU Sainte Justine and Department of Pediatrics, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Pediatr 161:1147-52. 2012..To analyze the clinical, hormonal, anatomical, and molecular characteristics of Leydig cell tumors, a very rare cause of progressive hyperandrogenism in children...
- Transport characteristics of a novel peptide platform for CNS therapeuticsYanick Bertrand
Laboratoire de Medecine Moleculaire, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Montreal, Canada Angiochem, Inc, Montreal, Canada
J Cell Mol Med 14:2827-39. 2010..The primary sequence and charge of Angiopep-2 were crucial for its passage across the BBB. Overall, the results demonstrate the significant potential of this platform for the development of novel neurotherapeutics...