Affiliation: Royal College Emergency Medicine Residency Training Program
- Clinic and ambulatory blood pressure lowering effect of aliskiren/amlodipine/hydrochlorothiazide combination in patients with moderate-to-severe hypertension: a randomized active-controlled trialYves Lacourciere
Unité de Recherche sur l Hypertension, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec CHUL, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
J Hypertens 30:2047-55. 2012....
- Valsartan plus hydrochlorothiazide for first-line therapy in hypertensionYves Lacourciere
Hypertension Research Unit, Centre hospitalier de l Universite Laval, Quebec, QC, G1V 4G2, Canada
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 7:1491-501. 2009..The focus of this article is on those randomized, double-blind trials in which this combination was administered as first-line therapy in patients with essential hypertension...
- Telmisartan or valsartan alone or in combination with hydrochlorothiazide: a reviewYves Lacourciere
Hypertension Unit, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Clin Exp Hypertens 35:50-60. 2013..These findings suggest that pharmacologic differences between telmisartan and valsartan may translate into clinically relevant differences between the two drugs in the management of hypertension...
- Effects of force-titrated valsartan/hydrochlorothiazide versus amlodipine/hydrochlorothiazide on ambulatory blood pressure in patients with stage 2 hypertension: the EVALUATE studyYves Lacourciere
Centre hospitalier de l Universite Laval, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada
Blood Press Monit 14:112-20. 2009..Previous studies using the combination of angiotensin-receptor blockers and hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ) have shown superior ambulatory blood pressure (ABP) reduction in study participants with stage 2 hypertension compared with monotherapy...
- Comparison of fixed-dose combinations of telmisartan/hydrochlorothiazide 40/12.5 mg and 80/12.5 mg and a fixed-dose combination of losartan/hydrochlorothiazide 50/12.5 mg in mild to moderate essential hypertension: pooled analysis of two multicenter, prosYves Lacourciere
Unité d hypertension, Centre hospitalier de l Universite Laval, Universite Laval, 2705 Boulevard Laurier S 120, Sainte Foy, Quebec G1V 4G2, Quebec, Canada
Clin Ther 27:1795-805. 2005..Thus, control of BP at this time of day, using oral fixed-dose combinations (FDCs) as required, is important in reducing cardiovascular risk in hypertensive patients...
- A multicenter, 14-week study of telmisartan and ramipril in patients with mild-to-moderate hypertension using ambulatory blood pressure monitoringYves Lacourciere
Hypertension Research Unit, CHUL, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, 2705 boulevard Laurier S 135, Sainte Foy, Quebec, QC G1V 4G2, Canada
Am J Hypertens 19:104-12. 2006....
- Expedited blood pressure control with initial angiotensin II antagonist/diuretic therapy compared with stepped-care therapy in patients with ambulatory systolic hypertensionYves Lacourciere
Hypertension Research Unit, Centre hospitalier de l Universite Laval, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada
Can J Cardiol 23:377-82. 2007....
- Increasing the doses of both diuretics and angiotensin receptor blockers is beneficial in subjects with uncontrolled systolic hypertensionYves Lacourciere
Centre hospitalier de l Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Can J Cardiol 26:313-9. 2010..Current clinical practice usually limits the daily dose of HCTZ to 25 mg. This often leads to the necessity of using additional antihypertensive agents to control BP in a high proportion of patients...
- Antihypertensive efficacy and tolerability of two fixed-dose combinations of valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide compared with valsartan monotherapy in patients with stage 2 or 3 systolic hypertension: an 8-week, randomized, double-blind, parallel-group triYves Lacourciere
Hypertension Research Unit, Centre Hospitalier de l Université Laval CHUQ, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada
Clin Ther 27:1013-21. 2005..A currently recommended combination is a diuretic added to an angiotensin-receptor blocker...
- Effects of aerobic exercise training and irbesartan on blood pressure and heart rate variability in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseKarine Marquis
Centre de Recherche de l Hopital Laval, Institut universitaire de cardiologie et de pneumoloigie de L Université Laval, Quebec, Canada
Can Respir J 15:355-60. 2008....
- Sustained antihypertensive activity of telmisartan compared with valsartanYves Lacourciere
Hypertension Research Unit, Centre Hospitalier l Université de Quebec, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Blood Press Monit 9:203-10. 2004..The efficacies of the long half-life telmisartan compared with shorter half-life valsartan in the last 6 h of the dosing interval following active treatment and during 24 h after a missed dose were compared...
- The influence of CYP2D6 phenotype on the clinical response of nebivolol in patients with essential hypertensionJean Lefebvre
Hypertension Research Unit, CHUL Research Center, Faculty of Pharmacy, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Br J Clin Pharmacol 63:575-82. 2007..The metabolism of the third-generation beta(1)-receptor antagonist nebivolol has been shown to be highly dependent on cytochrome P450 2D6 enzymatic activity in preclinical studies...
- Effects of mild exercise on insulin sensitivity in hypertensive subjectsCaroline Rheaume
Hypertension Research Units, Laval University Hospital Research Center, Quebec, Canada
Hypertension 39:989-95. 2002..Endogenous insulin-induced vasodilatation is reduced in hypertensive subjects, and this insulin action is not affected by physical exercise...
- The evolving role of β-adrenergic receptor blockers in managing hypertensionLuc Poirier
Unité d hypertension, Centre de Recherche, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Can J Cardiol 28:334-40. 2012..The present report will describe the clinically relevant mechanisms of action of β-blockers, their pharmacological differences, their metabolic effects, and their usefulness in patients with hypertension...
- Identifying which treated hypertensive patients without known coronary artery disease should be tested for the presence of myocardial ischemia by perfusion imagingYves Lacourciere
Hypertension Unit, Centre hospitalier de l Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 9:921-8. 2007..These study data should be clinically helpful in selecting hypertensive patients who are the most suitable candidates to screen for the presence of CAD...
- Antihypertensive effects of two fixed-dose combinations of losartan and hydrochlorothiazide versus hydrochlorothiazide monotherapy in subjects with ambulatory systolic hypertensionYves Lacourciere
Hypertension Research Unit, Centre hospitalier de l Universite Laval, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Am J Hypertens 16:1036-42. 2003..The aim of this study was to compare the effects of these treatment approaches in patients with ambulatory systolic hypertension...