Affiliation: Quebec City
- Vitamin E and C supplements and risk of dementiaDanielle Laurin
JAMA 288:2266-8. 2002
- Omega-3 fatty acids and risk of cognitive impairment and dementiaDanielle Laurin
Laval University Geriatric Research Unit, Quebec, QC, Canada
J Alzheimers Dis 5:315-22. 2003..03) concentrations were found in dementia cases. These findings do not support the hypothesis that omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids play a protective role in cognitive function and dementia...
- Omega-3 fatty acids and risk of dementia: the Canadian Study of Health and AgingEdeltraut Kröger
Centre d Excellence sur le Vieillissement de Quebec, Unite de Recherche sur le Vieillissement, Centre de recherche FRSQ du Centre hospitalier affilié universitaire de Québec, Quebec, Canada
Am J Clin Nutr 90:184-92. 2009..Fish is the main dietary source of n-3 PUFAs and is sometimes contaminated with mercury. This neurotoxicant may modify the association with dementia...
- Plasma polychlorinated biphenyl and organochlorine pesticide concentrations in dementia: the Canadian Study of Health and AgingThierry Comlan Marc Medehouenou
Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada Centre d excellence sur le vieillissement de Québec, Santé des populations et pratiques optimales en santé, Centre de Recherche du CHU de Québec, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Environ Int 69:141-7. 2014..Here, we assess associations of plasma PCB and OC pesticide concentrations with all-cause dementia and Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Polychlorinated biphenyls and organochlorine pesticides in plasma of older CanadiansThierry Comlan Marc Medehouenou
Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Environ Res 111:1313-20. 2011..These plasma concentrations from a large population based study can be considered as baseline data for body burdens of older Canadians...
- Is complexity of work associated with risk of dementia? The Canadian Study of Health And AgingEdeltraut Kröger
Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Am J Epidemiol 167:820-30. 2008..High complexity of work appears to be associated with risk of dementia, but effects may vary according to subtype...
- Vascular risk factors and cognitive functions in nondemented elderly individualsSandra Wiederkehr
Ecole de Psychologie, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 22:196-206. 2009..However, there is still no clear definition of this concept. The aim of the study is to characterize the neuropsychological profile of elderly individuals by 3 levels of VRF...
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug use and the risk of cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's diseaseSharlène Côté
Vieillissement, Centre de Recherche FRSQ du CHA Universitaire de Québec, Quebec City, Canada
Alzheimers Dement 8:219-26. 2012....
- Plasma oxidized low-density lipoprotein levels and risk of Alzheimer's diseaseJihad Murr
Centre d Excellence sur le Vieillissement de Quebec, Santé des populations et pratiques optimales en santé, Centre de Recherche du CHU de Québec, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada Faculty of Pharmacy, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Neurobiol Aging 35:1833-8. 2014..The association of OxLDL with AD in men with a history of cardiovascular disease merits further investigation. ..
- Thyroid function and cognition in the euthyroid elderly: a case-control study embedded in Quebec longitudinal study - NuAgeChristian Alexandre Castellano
Research Center on Aging, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada J1H 4C4 Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada J1H 5N4 Electronic address
Psychoneuroendocrinology 38:1772-6. 2013..TSH and thyroid hormones do not appear to be associated with cognitive decline in euthyroid older persons. These findings need confirmation given the small number of pairs of subjects. ..
- Managing disruptive behaviors with neuroleptics: treatment options for older adults in nursing homesPhilippe Voyer
Faculty of Nursing Sciences, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
J Gerontol Nurs 31:49-59; quiz 60-1. 2005..Accordingly, it is suggested that non-pharmacological treatment plans be adapted to each situation and then implemented to potentially reduce the use of neuroleptics...
- Ankle-to-brachial index and dementia: the Honolulu-Asia Aging StudyDanielle Laurin
Laval University Geriatrics Research Unit, Centre de recherche du CHA, and Faculty of Pharmacy, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Circulation 116:2269-74. 2007..Evidence indicates the existence of vascular components in the pathogenesis of dementia. Here, we examine the association of ABI with dementia and subtypes...
- More than the epidemiology of Alzheimer's disease: contributions of the Canadian Study of Health and AgingJoan Lindsay
Department of Epidemiology and Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Can J Psychiatry 49:83-91. 2004..To highlight contributions to knowledge made by the Canadian Study of Health and Aging (CSHA)...
- Midlife dietary intake of antioxidants and risk of late-life incident dementia: the Honolulu-Asia Aging StudyDanielle Laurin
Neuroepidemiology Section, Laboratory of Epidemiology, Demography, and Biometry, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Epidemiol 159:959-67. 2004..This analysis suggests that midlife dietary intake of antioxidants does not modify the risk of late-life dementia or its most prevalent subtypes...
- Risk factors for Alzheimer's disease: a prospective analysis from the Canadian Study of Health and AgingJoan Lindsay
Department of Epidemiology and Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Am J Epidemiol 156:445-53. 2002..The protective associations warrant further study. In particular, regular physical activity could be an important component of a preventive strategy against Alzheimer's disease and many other conditions...