Affiliation: Ottawa Health Research Institute
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of efficacy, cost-effectiveness, and safety of selected complementary and alternative medicine for neck and low-back painAndrea D Furlan
Clinical Epidemiology Methods Centre, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, University of Ottawa Evidence Based Practice Center, Box 208, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1H 8L6
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2012:953139. 2012..None of the CAM treatments was shown systematically as superior to one another. More efforts are needed to improve the conduct and reporting of studies of CAM treatments...
- Oral sildenafil citrate (viagra) for erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysis of harmsAlexander Tsertsvadze
Clinical Epidemiology Program, Ottawa Health Research Institute, Box 208, 501 Smyth Rd, Ottawa K1H 8L6, Ontario, Canada
Urology 74:831-836.e8. 2009..To summarize and compare evidence on harms in sildenafil- and placebo-treated men with erectile dysfunction (ED) in a systematic review and meta-analysis...
- Updating comparative effectiveness reviews: current efforts in AHRQ's Effective Health Care ProgramAlexander Tsertsvadze
University of Ottawa Evidence Based Practice Center, Clinical Epidemiology Methods Centre, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1H 8L6
J Clin Epidemiol 64:1208-15. 2011..To review the current knowledge and efforts on updating systematic reviews (SRs) as applied to comparative effectiveness reviews (CERs)...
- Oral phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors and hormonal treatments for erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and meta-analysisAlexander Tsertsvadze
Ottawa Health Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Ann Intern Med 151:650-61. 2009..Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a common male sexual disorder. The relative benefits and harms of pharmacologic therapies for ED, as well as the value of hormonal testing in men with ED, are uncertain...
- Interactions of commonly used dietary supplements with cardiovascular drugs: a systematic reviewSalmaan Kanji
Ottawa Methods Centre, Clinical Epidemiology Program, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, University of Ottawa Evidence Based Practice Center, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Syst Rev 1:26. 2012..Many patients on cardiovascular drugs take dietary supplements for presumed benefits and may be at risk for adverse supplement-drug interactions...
- Systematic review: comparative effectiveness and harms of combination therapy and monotherapy for dyslipidemiaMukul Sharma
University of Ottawa, Clinical Epidemiology Program, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Ann Intern Med 151:622-30. 2009..Statin therapy effectively prevents vascular disease, but treatment targets are often not achieved...
- Summary of Glaucoma Diagnostic Testing Accuracy: An Evidence-Based Meta-AnalysisSaad Ahmed
Ivey Eye Institute, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
J Clin Med Res 8:641-9. 2016..This systematic review studied five glaucoma technologies compared to the gold standard of white on white perimetry for glaucoma detection...
- Effectiveness of terbutaline pump for the prevention of preterm birth. A systematic review and meta-analysisLaura M Gaudet
Evidence Based Practice Center, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e31679. 2012..The effectiveness and safety of this maintenance tocolysis have not been clearly established. We aimed to systematically evaluate the effectiveness and safety of subcutaneous (SQ) terbutaline infusion by pump for maintenance tocolysis...
- An evaluation of the completeness of safety reporting in reports of complementary and alternative medicine trialsLucy Ann Turner
Ottawa Methods Centre, Clinical Epidemiology Program, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa Hospital, Ontario, Canada
BMC Complement Altern Med 11:67. 2011..The objectives of this study are to assess the quality of safety reporting in CAM RCTs; to explore the influence of different trial characteristics on the quality of safety reporting...
- Updating systematic reviews: an international surveyChantelle Garritty
The Ottawa Methods Centre, Clinical Epidemiology Program, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, Canada
PLoS ONE 5:e9914. 2010..However, little guidance is available about when and how to update SRs. Moreover, the updating policies and practices of organizations that commission or produce SRs are unclear...
- A surveillance system to assess the need for updating systematic reviewsNadera Ahmadzai
Knowledge Synthesis Group, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Clinical Epidemiology Program, Center for Practice Changing Research, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON K1H 8L6, Canada
Syst Rev 2:104. 2013..This report describes the development and initial results of a surveillance system to assess SRs produced by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Evidence-based Practice Center (EPC) Program...