Charles J L la Porte
Affiliation: Ottawa Health Research Institute
- Inhibitory quotient in HIV pharmacologyCharles la Porte
Ottawa Health Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa Hospital Division of Infectious Diseases, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8L6, Canada
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 3:283-7. 2008..In addition points for discussion regarding the use and study of inhibitory quotients will be presented...
- The effect of ABCB1 polymorphism on the pharmacokinetics of saquinavir alone and in combination with ritonavirC J L la Porte
Division of Infectious Diseases, The Ottawa Health Research Institute, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Clin Pharmacol Ther 82:389-95. 2007..In conclusion, ABCB1 polymorphism has no pronounced effect on saquinavir exposure...
- Interaction studies of tipranavir-ritonavir with clarithromycin, fluconazole, and rifabutin in healthy volunteersCharles J L la Porte
Division of Infectious Diseases, Ottawa Hospital and Ottawa Health Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:162-73. 2009..Combining TPV/r with RFB should be done with caution, while toxicity and RFB drug levels should be monitored. Study medications were generally well-tolerated in these studies...
- Pharmacokinetics and tolerability of once- versus twice-daily lopinavir/ritonavir treatment in HIV-1-infected childrenCharles la Porte
Ottawa Health Research Institute, Ottawa Hospital and University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Antivir Ther 14:603-6. 2009..Once-daily lopinavir/ritonavir (LPV/r) is not approved for treatment of HIV paediatric patients. Once daily treatment in children might serve the same goals of patient comfort and adherence as in adults...
- Lack of effect of efavirenz on the pharmacokinetics of tipranavir-ritonavir in healthy volunteersC J L la Porte
Ottawa Hospital Research Institute and University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8L6, Canada
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:4840-4. 2009..EFV had no effect on the steady-state PK of TPV or RTV, with the exception of a 19% increase in the TPV C(min), which is not clinically relevant. TPV/r can be safely coadministered with EFV and without the need for a dose adjustment...
- Saquinavir, the pioneer antiretroviral protease inhibitorCharles J L la Porte
University of Ottawa, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Chronic Disease Program, Department of Medicine, 501 Smyth Road, mailbox 223, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8L6, Canada
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 5:1313-22. 2009..This drug made the use of combination therapy in the treatment of HIV possible and increased the success rate of treatment...
- Steady-State pharmacokinetics and tolerability of trans-resveratrol 2000 mg twice daily with food, quercetin and alcohol (ethanol) in healthy human subjectsCharles la Porte
Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8L6, Canada
Clin Pharmacokinet 49:449-54. 2010..The present study aimed to investigate the steady-state pharmacokinetics and tolerability of trans-resveratrol 2000 mg twice daily with food, quercetin and alcohol (ethanol)...