Affiliation: Nova Scotia
- Treatment of refractory pyoderma gangrenosum with infliximab in a 17-month-old boySusan A Bobbitt
IWK Health Centre, Dalhousie University
Dermatol Online J 22:. 2016..This report details the case of a 17-month old boy with refractory multifocal pyoderma gangrenosum responsive to anti-TNF therapy. ..
- Evaluation of a Rheumatology Transition ClinicElizabeth Stringer
Division of Pediatric Rheumatology, IWK Health Centre, Halifax, NS, B3K 6R8, Canada
Pediatr Rheumatol Online J 13:22. 2015..Ideally, transition is a purposeful and coordinated process between the two systems. We sought to evaluate a pediatric rheumatology transition clinic from the perspective of the young adults who attended the clinic...
- Validity of juvenile idiopathic arthritis diagnoses using administrative health dataElizabeth Stringer
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Pediatrics, Dalhousie University, IWK Health Centre, 5850 University Avenue, Halifax, NS, B3K 6R8, Canada
Rheumatol Int 35:575-9. 2015..Our findings may be related to issues pertaining to the non-fee-for-service remuneration model in Nova Scotia, in particular, systematic issues related to the process of submitting claims...
- Treatment approaches to juvenile dermatomyositis (JDM) across North America: The Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Alliance (CARRA) JDM Treatment SurveyElizabeth Stringer
IWK Health Centre, 5850 University Avenue, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3K 6R8
J Rheumatol 37:1953-61. 2010..There are a number of different approaches to the initial treatment of juvenile dermatomyositis (JDM). We assessed the therapeutic approaches of North American pediatric rheumatologists to inform future studies of therapy in JDM...
- The financial burden of juvenile idiopathic arthritis: a Nova Scotia experienceAndrea Ens
IWK Health Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Pediatr Rheumatol Online J 11:24. 2013..There is little published data on the financial burden of this illness. The primary objective of this study was to determine the annual costs borne by families of a child with JIA living in Nova Scotia (NS)...
- A82: lyme arthritis: an emerging clinical problem in nova scotia, CanadaPier D Glaude
IWK Health Centre, Halifax, NS
Arthritis Rheumatol 66:S115. 2014..We sought to characterize the demographics, clinical presentation, treatment course and musculoskeletal outcome of children with LD in our clinic...
- Consensus treatments for moderate juvenile dermatomyositis: beyond the first two months. Results of the second Childhood Arthritis and Rheumatology Research Alliance consensus conferenceAdam M Huber
IWK Health Centre and Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 64:546-53. 2012....
- Classification, presentation, and initial treatment of Wegener's granulomatosis in childhoodDavid A Cabral
Division of Rheumatology, British Columbia Children s Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 60:3413-24. 2009....
- Nailfold capillary density is importantly associated over time with muscle and skin disease activity in juvenile dermatomyositisHeinrike Schmeling
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Rheumatology, Alberta Children s Hospital, University of Calgary, 2888 Shaganappi Trail NW Calgary, AB T3B 6A8, Canada
Rheumatology (Oxford) 50:885-93. 2011....