Z V Finkel
Affiliation: Mount Allison University
- Influence of cell size and DNA content on growth rate and photosystem II function in cryptic species of Ditylum brightwelliiSusan C Sharpe
Chemistry and Biochemistry, Mount Allison University, Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada
PLoS ONE 7:e52916. 2012....
- Genotypic and phenotypic variation in diatom silicification under paleo-oceanographic conditionsZ V Finkel
Environmental Science Program, Mount Allison University, Sackville, NB, Canada
Geobiology 8:433-45. 2010....
- Environmental control of diatom community size structure varies across aquatic ecosystemsZoe V Finkel
Environmental Science Program, Mount Allison University, Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada E4L 1A7
Proc Biol Sci 276:1627-34. 2009..The relative importance of different physiological and ecological rates and processes on the size structure of communities varies in different aquatic systems owing to varying combinations of abiotic and biotic constraints...
- A universal driver of macroevolutionary change in the size of marine phytoplankton over the CenozoicZ V Finkel
Environmental Science Program and Mathematics and Computer Science Department, Mount Allison University, Sackville, NB, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:20416-20. 2007....
- Climatically driven macroevolutionary patterns in the size of marine diatoms over the CenozoicZoe V Finkel
Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 71 Dudley Road, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:8927-32. 2005....
- Cell size trade-offs govern light exploitation strategies in marine phytoplanktonTim Key
Environmental Science and Biology, Mount Allison University, Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada E4L 1G7
Environ Microbiol 12:95-104. 2010..These results provide a mechanistic framework to explain and predict shifts in marine phytoplankton community size structure with changes in surface irradiance and mixed layer depth...
- Mining a sea of data: deducing the environmental controls of ocean chlorophyllAndrew J Irwin
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Mount Allison University, Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada
PLoS ONE 3:e3836. 2008....
- Light and nutrient availability affect the size-scaling of growth in phytoplanktonZhi Ping Mei
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Mount Allison University, Sackville, NB, Canada
J Theor Biol 259:582-8. 2009..Exponents intermediate between 1/3 and 3/4 occur under intermediate availability of light and nutrients and depend on the size-scaling of pigment photoacclimation and the size range examined...
- The evolutionary inheritance of elemental stoichiometry in marine phytoplanktonAntonietta Quigg
Environmental Biophysics and Molecular Ecology Program, Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, New Jersey 08901, USA
Nature 425:291-4. 2003..The compositional differences between the two plastid superfamilies suggest that changes in ocean redox state strongly influenced the evolution and selection of eukaryotic phytoplankton since the Proterozoic era...
- Light variability illuminates niche-partitioning among marine PicocyanobacteriaChristophe Six
Mount Allison University, Sackville, New Brunswick, Canada
PLoS ONE 2:e1341. 2007....