- Pregnancy planning: a determinant of folic acid supplements use for the primary prevention of neural tube defectsPascale Morin
CLSC de la Région Sherbrookoise SSPER Université de Sherbrooke, 50, Camirand Street, Sherbrooke, QC J1H 4J5
Can J Public Health 93:259-63. 2002..The objectives of this study were: to evaluate women's knowledge and beliefs with regard to folic acid; to estimate the frequency of vitamin supplement consumption; and to identify its determinants during the periconception period...
- Measuring the intensity of pregnancy planning effortPascale Morin
CLSC de la Région Sherbrookoise, Quebec, Canada
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 17:97-105. 2003..In conclusion, this is the first questionnaire specifically designed to assess the intensity of pregnancy planning effort, a potentially important variable in epidemiological studies and clinical practice...
- Trend in prevalence of neural tube defects in QuebecPhilippe De Wals
Departement de Medecine sociale et preventive, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 67:919-23. 2003..In 1998, fortification of flour with FA became mandatory. The objective of this study was to assess the impact of these measures on the prevalence of neural tube defects (NTDs) in the province of Quebec...
- Pregnancy planning and folic acid supplement use: results from a survey in QuebecPascale Morin
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Prev Med 35:143-9. 2002..The aim of the study was to describe the association between pregnancy planning and vitamin supplement use...
- [Multivitamin supplement for primary prevention of birth defects: application of a preventive clinical practice]Pascale Morin
Centre de santé et de services sociaux, Institut Universitaire de Geriatrie de Sherbrooke, 500 rue Murray, Bureau 100, Sherbrooke, QC J1G 2K6, Canada
Can Fam Physician 53:2142-3. 2007..To determine whether the recommendations health care professionals make to women of childbearing age on the importance of taking folic acid encourage these women to take folic acid supplements...
- Socioeconomic Factors Influence Physical Activity and Sport in Quebec SchoolsPascale Morin
Faculty of Physical Activity Sciences, University of Sherbrooke, 2500, boulevard de l Université, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1K 2R1
J Sch Health 86:841-851. 2016..We describe the association between school opportunities for physical activity and socioeconomic factors measured by low-income cutoff index, school size (number of students), and neighborhood population density...
- Sugar Sweetened Beverage Consumption among Primary School Students: Influence of the Schools' VicinityAlexandre Lebel
Graduate School of Land Management and Regional Planning, Laval University, 2325 rue des Bibliothèques, Quebec, QC, Canada G1V 0A6 Evaluation Platform on Obesity Prevention, 2725 Chemin Sainte Foy, Quebec, QC, Canada G1V 4G5
J Environ Public Health 2016:1416384. 2016..Findings also support the idea that dietary behaviors among children result from the complex interactions between biological, social, and environmental factors...
- Relationship between eating behaviors and physical activity among primary and secondary school students: results of a cross-sectional studyPascale Morin
Faculté d éducation physique et sportive, Universite de Sherbrooke, 2500 Boulevard de l Universite, Sherbrooke, Quebec, J1K 2R1, Canada
J Sch Health 83:597-604. 2013..With a view toward developing concerted efforts in fostering healthy eating habits and a physically active lifestyle among young people, a study was carried out to explore associations between eating behavior and physical activity (PA)...
- Association between perceived self-efficacy related to meal management and food coping strategies among working parents with preschool childrenPascale Morin
Faculté d éducation physique et sportive, Universite de Sherbrooke, 2500 Boulevard de l Universite, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1K 2R1
Appetite 65:43-50. 2013..This study assessed the associations between the perception of self-efficacy related to meal management and food coping strategies among working parents with preschool children...
- [Food environment in childcare settings in Quebec: results from a descriptive study]Pascale Morin
Faculté d éducation physique et sportive, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
Can J Diet Pract Res 73:21-7. 2012..The goal of this study was to describe different components of the food environment in childcare settings...
- Do schools in Quebec foster healthy eating? An overview of associations between school food environment and socio-economic characteristicsPascale Morin
1Faculty of Physical and Sport Education, University of Sherbrooke, 2500 Boulevard de l Universite, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, J1K 2R1
Public Health Nutr 18:1635-46. 2015..The present study explored the associations between the socio-economic characteristics of the school environment and the school food environment...
- Empowerment interventions, knowledge translation and exchange: perspectives of home care professionals, clients and caregiversDenise St-Cyr Tribble
Ecole des sciences infirmieres, Faculté de médecine et des sciences de la santé Université de Sherbrooke, 3001, 12e Avenue Nord, Sherbrooke, Quebec, J1G 4M9, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 8:177. 2008..This study aims to document the empowerment process as it plays out in interventions with adults receiving home care services...