- Hypoglycemia-related emergency department visits and hypoglycemia-related hospitalizations among new users of antidiabetes treatmentsJocelyne Moisan
Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Laval, Laval, Quebec, Canada Chaire sur l adhésion aux traitements, URESP, Centre de Recherche du CHU de Québec, Quebec, Canada Electronic address
Can J Diabetes 37:143-9. 2013..To describe the burden of severe hypoglycemia among new users of insulin and oral antidiabetes drugs (OAD) in terms of 2 hypoglycemia-related outcomes: emergency department (ED) visit and hospitalization...
- Non-compliance with drug treatment and reading difficulties with regard to prescription labelling among seniorsJocelyne Moisan
Groupe de Recherche en Epidemiologie, Faculte de Pharmacie, Hopital du St Sacrement du CHA, Universite Laval, 1050 Chemin Ste Foy, Quebec, G1S 4L8 Canada
Gerontology 48:44-51. 2002..BACKGROUND; The link between experiencing difficulties in reading or understanding and non-compliance with drug treatment among seniors is not clearly established...
- Patterns of discontinuation of atypical antipsychotics in the province of Québec: A retrospective prescription claims database analysisJocelyne Moisan
Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Clin Ther 32:S21-31. 2010..Patterns of discontinuation of atypical antipsychotic drugs, including the return to therapy after an interruption, have not been examined longitudinally...
- Important treatment gaps in vascular protection for the elderly after type 2 diabetes therapy initiationLine Guénette
Faculty of Pharmacy, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada Chair on adherence to treatments, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada Centre de recherche du CHU de Québec, Hôpital du Saint Sacrement, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada Electronic address
Can J Cardiol 29:1593-8. 2013..We estimated the proportion of elderly persons who initiated an ACEI or an ARB in the year after beginning oral antidiabetes (OAD) treatment, and we identified factors associated with this initiation...
- A population-based cost-effectiveness analysis of olanzapine and risperidone among ambulatory patients with schizophreniaDan Cooper
Faculty of Pharmacy, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Can J Clin Pharmacol 15:e385-97. 2008..As well, their acquisition cost differs. These differences may impact their cost-effectiveness...
- Ambulatory use of olanzapine and risperidone: a population-based study on persistence and the use of concomitant therapy in the treatment of schizophreniaDan Cooper
Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Quebec
Can J Psychiatry 50:901-8. 2005..To assess treatment discontinuation and concomitant use of other antipsychotics among individuals initiated on olanzapine or risperidone for the treatment of schizophrenia...
- Exploring the risk of diabetes mellitus and dyslipidemia among ambulatory users of atypical antipsychotics: a population-based comparison of risperidone and olanzapineJocelyne Moisan
Faculty of Pharmacy, Universite Laval, Quebec, Que, Canada
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 14:427-36. 2005..To compare the incidence rates of diabetes mellitus and dyslipidemia in ambulatory first-time users of risperidone and olanzapine...
- Initiation of insulin therapy in elderly patients taking oral antidiabetes drugsNorma Perez
Unité de recherche en santé des populations, Centre de recherche du centre hospitalier affilié universitairede Québec, Universite Laval, Quebec, Que
CMAJ 180:1310-6. 2009..We sought to estimate the rate of initiation of insulin therapy among elderly patients using oral anti-diabetes drugs and to identify the factors associated with this initiation...
- Effectiveness of an asthma integrated care program on asthma control and adherence to inhaled corticosteroidsLine Guénette
a Faculty of Pharmacy, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
J Asthma 52:638-45. 2015..To measure the effectiveness of an integrated care program for individuals with asthma aged 12-45 years, on asthma control and adherence to inhaled corticosteroids (ICS)...
- Pharmacist intervention program for control of hypertensionIsabelle Chabot
Department of Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Merck Frosst Canada Ltd, Kirkland, Quebec, Canada
Ann Pharmacother 37:1186-93. 2003..Pharmaceutical care programs have been shown to improve outcomes in hypertension. However, most programs required direct access to patient medical chart and patient consultation sessions by appointment...
- Comparative safety of antipsychotics: another look at the risk of diabetesJocelyne Moisan
Universite Laval, Quebec, Quebec
Can J Psychiatry 58:218-24. 2013..The association between the use of antipsychotics and diabetes mellitus (DM) is still unclear, as depicted by several conflicting reports. Our study aims to assess the risk of DM in new users of antipsychotics...
- Effect of drug utilization reviews on the quality of in-hospital prescribing: a quasi-experimental studyJean Pierre Grégoire
Population Health Research Unit, Centre Hospitalier Affilie Universitaire De Quebec, 1050 Chemin Ste Foy, Quebec, QC, G1S 4L8, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 6:33. 2006..However, there is little evidence of their effectiveness. The objective of this study was to assess the impact of both a retrospective and a concurrent DUR programs on the quality of in-hospital prescribing...
- Adherence to atypical antipsychotic treatment among newly treated patients: a population-based study in schizophreniaDan Cooper
Faculty of Pharmacy, Universite Laval, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Psychiatry 68:818-25. 2007..Although many studies have examined adherence to antipsychotic treatment, they have generally suffered from lack of differentiation between persistence and compliance as 2 separate components of adherence...
- Persistence patterns with oral antidiabetes drug treatment in newly treated patients--a population-based studyJean Pierre Grégoire
Faculty of Pharmacy, Universite Laval, Quebec, QC, Canada
Value Health 13:820-8. 2010..We assessed persistence patterns with oral antidiabetes drug (OAD) in patients newly dispensed with different OAD classes...
- The benefit of aspirin therapy in type 2 diabetes: what is the evidence?Caroline Sirois
Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Int J Cardiol 129:172-9. 2008....
- Predictors of self-reported noncompliance with antihypertensive drug treatment: a prospective cohort studyJ Gregoire
Faculty of Pharmacy and Population Health Research Unit, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Can J Cardiol 22:323-9. 2006..Persistence and compliance are different aspects of the broader concept of adherence to drug treatment. In a prior study, determinants of nonpersistence in a group of patients newly prescribed antihypertensive medications were examined...
- Predicting Noninsulin Antidiabetic Drug Adherence Using a Theoretical Framework Based on the Theory of Planned Behavior in Adults With Type 2 Diabetes: A Prospective StudyHervé Tchala Vignon Zomahoun
From the Faculty of Pharmacy, Laval University, Quebec, QC, Canada HTVZ, JM, SL, J PG, Line Guénette Chair on Adherence to Treatments HTVZ, JM, SL, Line Guénette, J PG, Laurence Guillaumie Population Health and Optimal Health Practices Research Unit, CHU de Québec Université Laval Research Centre HTVZ, JM, SL, Line Guénette, J PG, Laurence Guillaumie and Faculty of Nursing, Laval University, Quebec, QC, Canada Laurence Guillaumie
Medicine (Baltimore) 95:e2954. 2016..However, there was a gap between intention to adhere and actual adherence to the NIAD, which is partly explained by the past adherence level in adults with type 2 diabetes...
- Quality of life in hypertension: the SF-12 compared to the SF-36Isabelle Côté
Faculty of Pharmacy, Universite Laval, Quebec
Can J Clin Pharmacol 11:e232-8. 2004..Recently, the SF-12, a shorter form of the SF-36, has been proposed. However, the validity of the SF-12 in hypertension has not yet been assessed...
- Effectiveness and Content Analysis of Interventions to Enhance Oral Antidiabetic Drug Adherence in Adults with Type 2 Diabetes: Systematic Review and Meta-AnalysisHervé Tchala Vignon Zomahoun
Faculty of Pharmacy, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada CHU de Québec Research Center Population Health and Optimal Practices Research Unit and Chair on adherence to treatments, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Value Health 18:530-40. 2015....
- Effects of job strain on blood pressure: a prospective study of male and female white-collar workersChantal Guimont
Unité de recherche en santé des populations, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Am J Public Health 96:1436-43. 2006..We evaluated whether cumulative exposure to job strain increases blood pressure...
- A pharmacy-based health promotion programme in hypertension: cost-benefit analysisIsabelle Côté
Faculty of Pharmacy, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Pharmacoeconomics 21:415-28. 2003..This programme was developed to improve blood pressure control through activities aimed at improving the quality of prescribing and the adherence to treatment...
- Insomnia, depression and anxiety disorders and their association with benzodiazepine drug use among the community-dwelling elderly: implications for mental health nursingPhilippe Voyer
Faculty of Nursing Sciences at Laval University, Quebec
Int J Psychiatr Nurs Res 10:1093-116. 2005..They may opt for expressing their psychological suffering as a physical symptom such as sleeping problems...
- Effectiveness of motivational interviewing interventions on medication adherence in adults with chronic diseases: a systematic review and meta-analysisHervé Tchala Vignon Zomahoun
Laval University Faculty of Pharmacy, Quebec, QC, Canada
Int J Epidemiol . 2016..We aimed to assess whether MI interventions are effective to enhance medication adherence in adults with chronic diseases and to explore the effect of individual MI intervention characteristics...
- Association between community pharmacy loyalty and persistence and implementation of antipsychotic treatment among individuals with schizophreniaFrank E Zongo
Chair on Adherence to Treatments, Universite Laval, 1050 Chemin Ste Foy, Quebec, QC, Canada CHU de Québec Université Laval Research Centre, Population Health and Optimal Health Practices Research Unit, 1050 Chemin Ste Foy, Quebec, QC, Canada Faculty of Pharmacy, Universite Laval, 1050 avenue de la Medecine, Quebec, QC, Canada
Res Social Adm Pharm . 2016..Community pharmacists are in a key position to detect non-adherence and put in place interventions. Their role is likely to be more efficient when individuals are loyal to a single pharmacy...
- Sexual risk factors associated with intimate partner violence against women in Rwanda: a couples-based analysisJeanne Françoise Kayibanda
a Faculté de Pharmacie, Universite Laval, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Women Health 54:301-16. 2014..017). In a representative sample of couples, husbands/partners' sexual risk factors were associated with IPV reported by their wives. Genital ulcer appeared to be a risk marker for the presence of IPV victimization/perpetration. ..
- Determinants of discontinuation of new courses of antihypertensive medicationsJean Pierre Grégoire
Faculté de pharmacie and Unité de recherche en santé des populations, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 55:728-35. 2002..74; 95% CI 0.55-0.99). Persistence with newly prescribed medications could be improved by selecting antihypertensive medications containing fewer side effects and by lifting economic barriers to drug treatment...
- Measures of adherence based on self-report exhibited poor agreement with those based on pharmacy recordsLine Guénette
Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Laval, and Unité de recherche en santé des populations, Hôpital Saint Sacrement du CHA, 1050, Chemin Sainte Foy, Quebec, QC G1S 4L8 Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 58:924-33. 2005..To assess the level of agreement between a self-reported measure of adherence with prescribed drug and a measure of adherence based on pharmacy data...
- Suboptimal use of cardioprotective drugs in newly treated elderly individuals with type 2 diabetesCaroline Sirois
Faculty of Pharmacy, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Diabetes Care 30:1880-2. 2007
- Incidence of Depression and Associated Factors in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes in Quebec, Canada: A Population-Based Cohort StudyCarlotta Lunghi
From the Faculty of Pharmacy CL, JM, J PG, LG Chair on Adherence to Treatments CL, JM, J PG, LG, Laval University and Population Health and Optimal Health Practices Research Unit, CHU de Québec Research Centre CL, JM, J PG, LG, Quebec, QC, Canada
Medicine (Baltimore) 95:e3514. 2016..Clinicians could pay particular attention to women, patients starting an AD at a young age, those with a low socioeconomic status, and especially those with a history of anxiety or dementia. ..
- Predictive Validity of Self-Reported Measures of Adherence to Noninsulin Antidiabetes Medication against Control of Glycated Hemoglobin LevelsArsène Zongo
Faculty of Pharmacy, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada Chair on adherence to treatments, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada Population Health and Optimal Health Practices Research Unit, CHU de Québec Research Centre, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Can J Diabetes 40:58-65. 2016..To assess and compare the predictive validity of 4 self-reported adherence measures...
- High users of emergency departments in Quebec among patients with both schizophrenia and a substance use disorderAndré Ngamini-Ngui
Dr Ngamini Ngui and Dr Fleury are with the Centre de Réadaptation en Dépendance de Montréal, Institut universitaire, Montreal, Quebec, Canada e mail Dr Ngamini Ngui is also with the Centre de Recherche CSSS Champlain Charles Le Moyne, Longueuil, Quebec Dr Fleury is also with the Douglas Mental Health University Institute, McGill University, Montreal Dr Moisan and Dr Grégoire are with the Faculté de Pharmacie, Universite Laval, and with the Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec Dr Lesage is with the Centre de Recherche Fernand Seguin, Hopital Louis H Lafontaine, Montreal, Quebec Dr Vanasse is with the Department of Family Medicine, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec
Psychiatr Serv 65:1389-91. 2014..The study assessed factors associated over time with high use of emergency departments by patients in Quebec who had schizophrenia and a co-occurring substance use disorder...
- Perspective of community pharmacists on their practice with patients who have an antidepressant drug treatment: findings from a focus group studyLaurence Guillaumie
Chair on Adherence to Treatments, Universite Laval, Quebec, QC, Canada Centre de recherche du Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU de Québec, Quebec, QC, Canada
Res Social Adm Pharm 11:e43-56. 2015..Community pharmacists can rely on their regular contacts with patients to identify and support those experiencing difficulties with their ADT...
- [Drug prescription practices in public medical centres in Gabon]Pamphile Gervais Nkogho Mengue
Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Laval, Unité de recherche en santé des populations, Centre Hospitalier Affilie Universitaire De Quebec, Quebec Canada
Sante 15:229-34. 2005..Inappropriate drug use constitutes a major problem of health programs in developing countries. The objective of this study was to describe and assess the quality of drug prescription practices in public medical centres in Gabon...
- Development of a patient decision aid on inhaled corticosteroids use for adults with asthmaMyriam E Gagné
a Knowledge Translation, Education and Prevention Chair in Respiratory and Cardiovascular Health, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
J Asthma 53:964-74. 2016..To develop a PDA for adults with asthma considering inhaled corticosteroids, with or without long-acting beta2-agonists, to optimize asthma control...
- Community pharmacy loyalty among individuals with schizophreniaSophie Lauzier
Faculty of Pharmacy, 1050 avenue de la Medecine, Universite Laval, Quebec, QC, Canada G1V 0A6 Chair on adherence to treatments, Universite Laval, Quebec, QC, Canada G1V 0A6 Santé des populations URESP, Centre de Recherche du CHU de Québec, 1050 Chemin Ste Foy, Quebec, QC, Canada G1S 4L8 Electronic address
Res Social Adm Pharm 9:806-16. 2013..However, the extent of community pharmacy loyalty among individuals with severe mental illness such as schizophrenia remains unknown...
- Elderly people's knowledge of the purpose of their medicinesLine Guénette
Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Laval, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 9:49-57. 2011..However, researchers have reported contradictory results. Moreover, little is known about which patient characteristics are associated with knowledge of a drug's purpose...
- Factors associated with the appropriate use of asthma drugsMarie Sophie Jobin
Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Laval, Quebec
Can Respir J 18:97-104. 2011..When used properly, asthma drugs can reduce asthma-related morbidity and mortality...
- What do Québec children eat during their first six months?Marie Claire Lepage
Direction régionale de santé publique de la Capitale nationale, Quebec
Can J Diet Pract Res 65:106-13. 2004..Factors associated with adherence to recommendations were breast-feeding exclusively, being older than 30 years, an annual family income of at least 60,000 dollars, and being a non-smoker. Few mothers followed all the recommendations...