- Oral hypoglycemic agents for gestational diabetes mellitus?Ana Cristina Maymone
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, 3001, 12th Avenue North, Sherbrooke Quebec J1H 5N4, Canada
Expert Opin Drug Saf 10:227-38. 2011..Although OHAs are seemingly as efficient as insulin and may provide better quality of life, congenital malformations and unknown long-term effects are still feared...
- Efficacy of intensive multitherapy for patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a randomized controlled trialJulie Menard
Diabetes and Metabolism Research Group, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
CMAJ 173:1457-66. 2005..We sought to determine whether a 1-year intensive multitherapy program resulted in greater goal attainment than usual care among patients with poorly controlled type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Higher maternal leptin levels at second trimester are associated with subsequent greater gestational weight gain in late pregnancyMarilyn Lacroix
Department of Medicine, Universite de Sherbrooke, 3001 12th Avenue North, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 16:62. 2016..We tested whether maternal leptin levels are associated with subsequent GWG and whether this association varies depending on stage of pregnancy and on maternal body mass index (BMI)...
- TNFα dynamics during the oral glucose tolerance test vary according to the level of insulin resistance in pregnant womenLaetitia Guillemette
Department of Medicine L G, M L M C B, J L A P P, M F H, Universite de Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1H 5N4 Centre de Recherché Clinique Étienne Le Bel of the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke M D, J Mo, J Mé, J L A, M F H, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1H 5N4 Department of Population Medicine M F H, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215 and Massachusetts General Hospital M F H, Boston, Massachusetts 02114
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:1862-9. 2014..Controversies exist concerning the role of TNFα in gestational insulin resistance. We investigated the interrelations between TNFα and insulin resistance in a large population-based cohort of pregnant women...
- Associations of Maternal Leptin with Neonatal Adiposity Differ according to Pregravid WeightJulie Patenaude
Department of Medicine, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
Neonatology 111:344-352. 2017..During pregnancy, maternal circulating leptin is released by maternal adipose tissue and the placenta, and may have a role in fetal development...
- Genetics of Glucose regulation in Gestation and Growth (Gen3G): a prospective prebirth cohort of mother-child pairs in Sherbrooke, CanadaLaetitia Guillemette
Faculty of Medicine and Life Sciences, Department of Medicine, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
BMJ Open 6:e010031. 2016....
- Lower vitamin D levels at first trimester are associated with higher risk of developing gestational diabetes mellitusMarilyn Lacroix
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
Acta Diabetol 51:609-16. 2014..Our results suggest that low levels of 25OHD at first trimester are (1) an independent risk factor for developing GDM and (2) associated with insulin resistance at second trimester. ..
- Gestational diabetes mellitus identification based on self-monitoring of blood glucoseCatherine Allard
Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Can J Diabetes 39:162-8. 2015..Implementation of 50 g GCT testing followed by direct home SMBG was well implemented in our area. The importance of early GDM screening and rescreening during the second trimester still needs to be emphasized. ..
- Lower adiponectin levels at first trimester of pregnancy are associated with increased insulin resistance and higher risk of developing gestational diabetes mellitusMarilyn Lacroix
Faculty of Medicine, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Diabetes Care 36:1577-83. 2013....
- Regulation of blood flow in adipose tissue: involvement of the cholinergic systemRichard Sotorník
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, University Hospital Center of Sherbrooke, University of Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada and
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 309:E55-62. 2015..Mecamylamine had no impact on fasting and postglucose ATBF in R and NR. Our results suggest that the cholinergic system is implicated in ATBF regulation, although it has no role in the blunting of ATBF response in NR...
- Glycation of fetal hemoglobin reflects hyperglycemia exposure in uteroFélix O Dupont
Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
Diabetes Care 37:2830-3. 2014..To quantify this impact, we have developed and validated a unique mass spectrometry method to measure the percentage of glycated hemoglobin in cord blood...
- Dose-dependent delay of the hypoglycemic effect of short-acting insulin analogs in obese subjects with type 2 diabetes: a pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studyMaude Gagnon-Auger
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Diabetes Care 33:2502-7. 2010..In obese patients, however, daily dosages are larger and ATBF is decreased. This study assessed the kinetics of a short-acting insulin analog in obese subjects with type 2 diabetes...
- Comparison of foot-to-foot and hand-to-foot bioelectrical impedance methods in a population with a wide range of body mass indicesClaudia Gagnon
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Centre de Recherche Clinique Etienne Le Bel, Faculte de Medecine et des Sciences de la Sante, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Canada
Metab Syndr Relat Disord 8:437-41. 2010..We aimed to compare multifrequency hand-to-foot (HF-BIA) and foot-to-foot (FF-BIA) bioelectrical impedance analysis techniques to assess fat-free mass (FFM) in a population with a wide range of body mass indices (BMI)...
- Dietitian-coached management in combination with annual endocrinologist follow up improves global metabolic and cardiovascular health in diabetic participants after 24 monthsMarie Claude Battista
Department of Medicine, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC J1H 5N4, Canada
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 37:610-20. 2012....