R P Whitlock
Affiliation: McMaster University
- Pro: Steroids should be used for cardiopulmonary bypassRichard P Whitlock
Division of Cardiac Surgery, McMaster University, Hamilton Health Sciences Corporation, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 19:250-4. 2005
- Giant left atrial myxoma and associated mitral valve pathologyRichard Whitlock
Department of Surgery, Hamilton Health Sciences Corporation, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 21:103-5. 2007
- Pulse low dose steroids attenuate post-cardiopulmonary bypass SIRS; SIRS IR P Whitlock
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
J Surg Res 132:188-94. 2006..This study examines a lower dose steroid protocol for safety and attenuation of SIRS...
- Warfarin cessation before cardiopulmonary bypass: lessons learned from a randomized controlled trial of oral vitamin KRichard P Whitlock
Division of Cardiac Surgery, HHSC, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Ann Thorac Surg 84:103-8. 2007..Administration of preoperative oral vitamin K was investigated in a randomized, placebo-controlled trial. A post hoc analysis examined residual anti-Xa activity of enoxaparin bridging...
- Warfarin-associated multiple digital necrosis complicating heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and Raynaud's phenomenon after aortic valve replacement for adenocarcinoma-associated thrombotic endocarditisTheodore E Warkentin
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am J Hematol 75:56-62. 2004....
- Preoperative intra-aortic balloon pump in patients undergoing coronary bypass surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysisAdel M Dyub
Division of Cardiac Surgery, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Card Surg 23:79-86. 2008..The primary outcome was hospital mortality and secondary outcomes were IABP-related complications (bleeding, leg ischemia, aortic dissection)...