Stephen M Sagar
Affiliation: McMaster University
- Research on therapeutic massage for cancer patients: potential biologic mechanismsStephen M Sagar
Department of Medicine and Oncology, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON
J Soc Integr Oncol 5:155-62. 2007....
- Acupuncture as an evidence-based option for symptom control in cancer patientsStephen M Sagar
Department of Oncology, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Curr Treat Options Oncol 9:117-26. 2008..In addition, continuing research is mandatory, using validated methodology and reporting principles as outlined in the CONSORT and STRICTA recommendations...
- Integrative oncology in North AmericaStephen M Sagar
Juravinski Cancer Center, Canada
J Soc Integr Oncol 4:27-39. 2006..The aim of integrative oncology should be one medicine, not alternative; it should be patient-focused; it should be evidence-based; and it should provide the best care for cancer cure, prevention, symptom control, and quality of life...
- Future directions for research on Silybum marianum for cancer patientsStephen M Sagar
McMaster University and Juravinski Cancer Centre, 699 Concession Street, Hamilton, ON L8V 5C2, Canada
Integr Cancer Ther 6:166-73. 2007....
- A Phase I-II study in the use of acupuncture-like transcutaneous nerve stimulation in the treatment of radiation-induced xerostomia in head-and-neck cancer patients treated with radical radiotherapyRaimond K W Wong
Department of Medicine, Division of Radiation Oncology, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 57:472-80. 2003..This Phase I-II study examined the effectiveness of Codetron in treating radiation-induced xerostomia...
- Can the therapeutic gain of radiotherapy be increased by concurrent administration of Asian botanicals?Stephen M Sagar
McMaster University and Juravinski Cancer Centre, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Integr Cancer Ther 9:5-13. 2010..In addition, some botanicals may selectively protect normal tissue or increase its repair following radiation therapy. The results are promising enough to consider clinical trials...
- Should supplemental antioxidant administration be avoided during chemotherapy and radiation therapy?Brian D Lawenda
Radiation Oncology Division, Breast Health Center, Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:773-83. 2008....
- Targeting angiogenesis with integrative cancer therapiesDonald R Yance
Center for Natural Healing, Ashland, Oregon, USA
Integr Cancer Ther 5:9-29. 2006..Although controlled trials might be preferred, smaller studies with appropriate end points and surrogate markers for antiangiogenic response could help prioritize agents for the larger resource-intensive phase 3 trials...
- Integrative tumor board: recently diagnosed lung cancerMichael De La Torre
Block Center for Integrative Cancer Care, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Integr Cancer Ther 1:246-65. 2002