Stephen M Sagar
Affiliation: McMaster University
- Can the therapeutic gain of radiotherapy be increased by concurrent administration of Asian botanicals?Stephen M Sagar
McMaster University and Juravinski Cancer Centre, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Integr Cancer Ther 9:5-13. 2010..In addition, some botanicals may selectively protect normal tissue or increase its repair following radiation therapy. The results are promising enough to consider clinical trials...
- Research and regulatory issues for integrative oncologyS M Sagar
McMaster University and the Juravinski Cancer Centre, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Curr Oncol 15:s107.es53-s108.es63.. 2008..This educational article provides an overview of the challenges in designing appropriate studies of complementary and alternative therapies, evaluating the results, and regulating implementation of useful therapies...
- How do we evaluate outcome in an integrative oncology program?S M Sagar
Juravinski Cancer Centre, Hamilton, Ontario
Curr Oncol 15:s78-82. 2008....
- The role of integrative oncology in a tertiary prevention survivorship programStephen M Sagar
Department of Radiation Oncology, 3rd Floor, Juravinski Cancer Centre, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8V 5C2
Prev Med 49:93-8. 2009..This review defines the cancer prevention role of integrative oncology as a key component in survivorship programs...
- Acupuncture as an evidence-based option for symptom control in cancer patientsStephen M Sagar
Department of Oncology, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Curr Treat Options Oncol 9:117-26. 2008..In addition, continuing research is mandatory, using validated methodology and reporting principles as outlined in the CONSORT and STRICTA recommendations...
- Acute-phase response reactants as objective biomarkers of radiation-induced mucositis in head and neck cancerFazilat F Mohammed
Odette Cancer Centre, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Head Neck 34:985-93. 2012..We evaluated serum erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) and C-reactive protein (CRP) as objective markers of radiation-induced mucositis...
- Research on therapeutic massage for cancer patients: potential biologic mechanismsStephen M Sagar
Department of Medicine and Oncology, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON
J Soc Integr Oncol 5:155-62. 2007....