Affiliation: McMaster University
- Non-hormonal systemic therapy in men with hormone-refractory prostate cancer and metastases: a systematic review from the Cancer Care Ontario Program in Evidence-based Care's Genitourinary Cancer Disease Site GroupEric Winquist
Department of Medical Oncology, London Health Sciences Centre, London, Ontario, Canada
BMC Cancer 6:112. 2006..the impetus for a systematic review addressing the following question: which non-hormonal systemic therapies are most beneficial for the treatment of men with hormone-refractory prostate cancer (HRPC) and clinical evidence of metastases?..
- Concurrent cisplatin-based chemotherapy plus radiotherapy for cervical cancer--a meta-analysisH Lukka
Hamilton Regional Cancer Centre, Ontario, Canada
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 14:203-12. 2002..To evaluate the role of concurrent cisplatin plus radiotherapy in the treatment of cervical cancer...
- Randomized trial comparing two fractionation schedules for patients with localized prostate cancerHimu Lukka
Radiation Oncology Program, Juravinski Cancer Centre, McMaster University, 699 Concession St, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, L8V 5C2
J Clin Oncol 23:6132-8. 2005..The optimal radiation dose fractionation schedule for localized prostate cancer is unclear. This study was designed to compare two dose fractionation schemes (a shorter 4-week radiation schedule v a longer 6.5-week schedule)...
- High-intensity focused ultrasound for prostate cancer: a systematic reviewH Lukka
Juravinski Cancer Centre and McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 23:117-27. 2011..Until results from case series are confirmed in prospective studies, the widespread use of HIFU is not supported...
- Controversies in prostate cancer radiotherapy: consensus developmentH Lukka
Hamilton Regional Cancer Centre, Ontario, Canada
Can J Urol 8:1314-22. 2001..The consensus meeting strongly endorsed continued accrual to current studies investigating clinically relevant questions...
- Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy Versus Low Dose Rate Brachytherapy or External Beam Radiotherapy: Propensity Score Matched Analyses of Canadian DataA Loblaw
Department of Radiation Oncology, Odette Cancer Centre, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Department of Health Policy, Measurement and Evaluation, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Odette Cancer Centre, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Electronic address
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) . 2016....
- Surveillance programs for early stage non-seminomatous testicular cancer: a practice guidelineR Segal
Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Can J Urol 8:1184-92. 2001....
- Cutaneous metastasis of papillary serous uterine cancerL Elit
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hamilton Regional Cancer Centre, Hamilton, Canada
Gynecol Oncol 82:208-11. 2001..Cutaneous metastases from uterine cancer are uncommon. They usually indicate the aggressive nature of the underlying disease...
- Management of stage I seminomatous testicular cancer: a systematic reviewP Chung
Department of Radiation Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 22:6-16. 2010..The currently available evidence should be presented to patients in order to select the most appropriate option for the individual...
- Primitive neuroectodermal tumors of the uterus: a report of four casesD Daya
Department of Pathology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Hum Pathol 23:1120-9. 1992....
- Combined gamma-irradiation and subsequent cisplatin treatment in human squamous carcinoma cell lines sensitive and resistant to cisplatinC Caney
Department of Physics and Astronomy, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Int J Radiat Biol 80:291-9. 2004..To investigate the effects of combined radiation and subsequent cisplatin treatment on the human squamous carcinoma cell line SCC-25 and its cisplatin-resistant derivative SCC-25/CP...
- Systematic overview of the evidence for brachytherapy in clinically localized prostate cancerJ Crook
Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Ont
CMAJ 164:975-81. 2001..Brachytherapy should be available to selected patients (those with T1c or T2a tumours, a Gleason score of 6 or lower and a serum PSA level of 10 micrograms/L or less), after discussion of the available data and potential adverse effects...
- Concurrent cisplatin-based chemotherapy plus radiotherapy for cervical cancer: a meta-analysisH Lukka
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 16:160-1. 2004
- Phase III trial comparing radical radiotherapy with and without cisplatin chemotherapy in patients with advanced squamous cell cancer of the cervixR Pearcey
Department of Oncology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Clin Oncol 20:966-72. 2002..To test the hypothesis that cisplatin (CDDP) administered concurrently with standard radiotherapy (RT) would improve pelvic control and survival in patients with advanced squamous cell cancer of the cervix...