H M Arthur
Affiliation: McMaster University
- Development and testing of a new hostility scaleH M Arthur
McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
Can J Cardiol 15:539-44. 1999..The HAS is offered as a short, easily administered measure of hostility, with particular emphasis on cognitive aspects of the construct...
- Effect of a preoperative intervention on preoperative and postoperative outcomes in low-risk patients awaiting elective coronary artery bypass graft surgery. A randomized, controlled trialH M Arthur
McMaster University, Faculty of Health Sciences and Hamilton Health Sciences Corporation, Ontario, Canada
Ann Intern Med 133:253-62. 2000..In publicly funded health care systems, a waiting period for such services as coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG) is common. The possibility of using the waiting period to improve patient outcomes should be investigated...
- The Canadian Heart Health Strategy and Action Plan: Cardiac rehabilitation as an exemplar of chronic disease managementH M Arthur
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Can J Cardiol 26:37-41. 2010..The comprehensive, independent, stakeholder-driven Canadian Heart Health Strategy and Action Plan (CHHS-AP) was delivered to the Minister of Health on February 24, 2009...
- Women and heart disease: the treatment may end but the suffering continuesH M Arthur
School of Nursing, Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Can J Nurs Res 33:17-29. 2001..The apparent overall benefit of a community-based psycho-educational support group for women with heart disease is acknowledgement and sharing of suffering, something that cannot readily occur in women's other life arenas...
- Quality of life at referral predicts outcome of elective coronary artery angiogramH M Arthur
Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University, F H Sc 2J29, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, Canada, ON L8N 3Z5
Int J Cardiol 126:32-6. 2008..It is unknown whether HRQL and psychological status at the time of referral are related to likelihood of coronary artery disease (CAD) as diagnosed by CATH...