Affiliation: McGill University
- Changes in the treatment and outcomes of acute myocardial infarction in Quebec, 1988-1995L Pilote
Division of Clinical Epidemiology, Montreal General Hospital, QC
CMAJ 163:31-6. 2000..We therefore examined patterns of care and outcomes for AMI patients in Quebec, Canada, between 1988 and 1995...
- Iron stores and coronary artery disease: a clinical application of a method to incorporate measurement error of the exposure in a logistic regression modelL Pilote
Division of Clinical Epidemiology, The Montreal General Hospital Research Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 53:809-16. 2000..69-1.30). We conclude that high ferritin levels before or after menopause are not associated with CAD. Measurement error might be considered in situations where a one-time measurement is assumed to be representative of long-term exposure...
- Predictors of quality of life 6 months and 1 year after acute myocardial infarctionC A Beck
Division of Clinical Epidemiology, Montreal General Hospital Research Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am Heart J 142:271-9. 2001..Other clinical characteristics and treatments received in-hospital do not appear to strongly affect patients' long-term perceptions of QOL...
- Obesity and C-reactive protein in various populations: a systematic review and meta-analysisJ Choi
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Obes Rev 14:232-44. 2013..Obesity is associated with elevated levels of CRP and the association is stronger in women and North Americans/Europeans. The sex difference only emerges in adulthood...
- Recurrent ischemia after thrombolysis for acute myocardial infarctionL Pilote
Montreal General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am Heart J 141:559-65. 2001..Early coronary angiography reduces recurrent ischemia, probably because high-risk patients are identified and revascularized...
- Sex differences in young patients with acute myocardial infarctionG Egiziano
Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Centre Research Institute, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Diabet Med 30:e108-14. 2013..To identify sex differences in risk factors, presenting symptoms and outcomes of young patients with acute myocardial infarction...
- Use of routine functional testing after percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty: results from the ROSETTA RegistryM J Eisenberg
Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am Heart J 141:837-46. 2001....
- Effectiveness of antiresorptive agents in the prevention of recurrent hip fracturesS Morin
Division of Internal Medicine, McGill University Health Center MUHC, 1650 Cedar Ave, Room B2 118, Montreal, QC, H3G 1A4, Canada
Osteoporos Int 18:1625-32. 2007..Hip fracture is associated with recurrent fractures and increased mortality. The results of our retrospective cohort study support the use of antiresorptive agents to prevent recurrent hip fractures in this population...