Nitika Pant Pai
Affiliation: McGill University
- Rapid point-of-care HIV testing in pregnant women: a systematic review and meta-analysisNitika Pant Pai
McGill University Health Centre, Division of Infectious Diseases and Immunodeficiency Service, Montreal Chest Institute, QC Canada
Trop Med Int Health 12:162-73. 2007..To improve diagnostic accuracy and to reduce false-positive results, it may be necessary to use two rapid tests during labour and delivery...
- Profile of adults seeking voluntary HIV testing and counseling in rural Central India: results from a hospital-based studyNitika Pant Pai
Division of Infectious Diseases and Immunodeficiency Service, Montreal Chest Institute, Montreal, Canada
AIDS Care 21:294-300. 2009..It provides baseline data on marginalized, largely unstudied populations that may aid in designing probabilistic community-based surveys in this neglected population...
- Impact of round-the-clock, rapid oral fluid HIV testing of women in labor in rural IndiaNitika Pant Pai
Division of Infectious Diseases and Immunodeficiency Service, Montreal Chest Institute, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Canada
PLoS Med 5:e92. 2008..In this context, we investigated the impact of introducing round-the-clock, rapid, point-of-care HIV testing and counseling in a busy labor ward at a tertiary care hospital in rural India...
- Rapid testing at labor and delivery to prevent mother-to-child HIV transmission in developing settings: issues and challengesNitika Pant Pai
Immunodeficiency Service, Montreal Chest Institute, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Canada
Womens Health (Lond Engl) 5:55-62. 2009....
- The impact of antiretroviral therapy in a cohort of HIV infected patients going in and out of the San Francisco county jailNitika Pant Pai
Division of Clinical Epidemiology, Division of Infectious Diseases, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Canada
PLoS ONE 4:e7115. 2009..We evaluated the effect of ART administration in a cohort of jail inmates going in and out of jail over a nine year period...
- CD4 T cell nadir independently predicts the magnitude of the HIV reservoir after prolonged suppressive antiretroviral therapyMohamed Rachid Boulassel
Division of Hematology, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Virol 53:29-32. 2012..However, the relevance of reservoir level while on efficient antiretroviral therapy (ART) is still unknown...
- Will a quadruple multiplexed point-of-care screening strategy for HIV-related co-infections be feasible and impact detection of new co-infections in at-risk populations? Results from cross-sectional studiesNitika Pant Pai
Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada Division of Clinical Epidemiology, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
BMJ Open 4:e005040. 2014..This study aimed to evaluate a multiplex POC testing strategy to expedite screening for HIV-related co-infections in at-risk populations...
- Are Treponema pallidum specific rapid and point-of-care tests for syphilis accurate enough for screening in resource limited settings? Evidence from a meta-analysisYalda Jafari
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e54695. 2013..To fill this gap, a systematic review and meta-analysis was conducted to evaluate the sensitivity and specificity of rapid and POC tests in blood and serum samples against Treponema pallidum (TP) specific reference standards...
- Point-of-care diagnostics for HIV and tuberculosis: landscape, pipeline, and unmet needsNitika Pant Pai
Division of Clinical Epidemiology, Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Discov Med 13:35-45. 2012..In this review, we compare the POC diagnostics landscape and pipelines for these two important infectious diseases, and highlight gaps and unmet needs...
- Incidence of acute hepatitis C virus infection among men who have sex with men with and without HIV infection: a systematic reviewSean Yaphe
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, McGill University Health Centre, Chronic Viral Illness Service, Montreal Chest Institute, 3650 Saint Urbain, Montreal, Quebec H2X 2P4, Canada
Sex Transm Infect 88:558-64. 2012....
- Point-of-Care Testing for Infectious Diseases: Diversity, Complexity, and Barriers in Low- And Middle-Income CountriesNitika Pant Pai
Division of Clinical Epidemiology, Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
PLoS Med 9:e1001306. 2012..Madhukar Pai and colleagues discuss a framework for envisioning how point-of-care testing can be applied to infectious diseases in low- and middle-income countries...
- Rapid oral fluid-based point-of-care HIV testing: applicability in developing countriesNitika Pant Pai
Indian J Med Res 126:171-3. 2007
- Structured treatment interruptions in chronic HIV management: where next?Nitika Pant Pai
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 4:909-12. 2006