Affiliation: McGill University
- Acoustic and perceptual measurement of expressive prosody in high-functioning autism: increased pitch range and what it means to listenersAparna Nadig
School of Communication Sciences and Disorders, McGill University, 1266 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, QC H3G 1A8, Canada
J Autism Dev Disord 42:499-511. 2012..We suggest that the quality of pitch variation used by speakers with HFA was non-conventional and thus not registered as such by listeners...
- Adaptation of object descriptions to a partner under increasing communicative demands: a comparison of children with and without autismAparna Nadig
McGill University, School of Communication, Sciences and Disorders, Montreal, QC, Canada
Autism Res 2:334-47. 2009....
- How does the topic of conversation affect verbal exchange and eye gaze? A comparison between typical development and high-functioning autismAparna Nadig
McGill University, School of Communication Sciences and Disorders, 1266 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, QC, H3G 1A8, Canada
Neuropsychologia 48:2730-9. 2010..The function of this increased gaze to partner may differ for the HFA and comparison groups...
- Brief report: Conveying subjective experience in conversation: production of mental state terms and personal narratives in individuals with high functioning autismJanet Bang
School of Communication Sciences and Disorders, McGill University, 1266 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, QC, H3G 1A8, Canada
J Autism Dev Disord 43:1732-40. 2013..These findings underscore the importance of assessing and developing qualitative aspects of conversation in highly verbal individuals with autism...
- Learning language in autism: maternal linguistic input contributes to later vocabularyJanet Bang
School of Communication Sciences and Disorders, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Autism Res 8:214-23. 2015..Importantly, linguistic input accounted for later vocabulary growth in children with ASD. Autism Res 2015, 8: 214-223. © 2015 International Society for Autism Research, Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..