Affiliation: McGill University
- Hormone receptors and age distribution in breast cancer patients at a university hospital in northern egyptOsama Hussein
Department of Surgical Oncology, Mansoura University Faculty of Medicine, Egypt
Breast Cancer (Auckl) 7:51-7. 2013..Since molecular profiling is not feasible in routine practice, we sought to examine the association of age distribution with hormone receptor profile, disease stage and outcome among Egyptian women...
- Video-assisted axillary surgery for cancer: non-randomized comparison with conventional techniquesOsama Hussein
Department of Surgery, Mansoura University Cancer Center, Mansoura University, Mansoura 35516, Egypt
Breast 16:513-9. 2007..Endoscopically assisted axillary cancer surgery is technically feasible. The technique is valuable to maximize utility of blue dye method for sentinel lymphadenectomy in areas with no access to radio-guided surgery...
- Breast cancer cells inhibit spontaneous and bisphosphonate-induced osteoclast apoptosisOsama Hussein
Faculty of Dentistry, McGill University, 740 Dr Penfield Ave, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 1A4, Canada
Bone 48:202-11. 2011....
- The adequacy of lymph node harvest in concomitant neck block dissection and submental island flap reconstruction for oral squamous cell carcinoma; a case series from a single Egyptian institutionIslam A Elzahaby
Mansoura University Cancer Center, Mansoura University, Mansoura, 35516, Egypt
BMC Oral Health 15:80. 2015..However, one major concern regarding the utility of the submental flap for repair of post-ablative tumor defects is the presumed interference with adequate lymph node neck dissection...
- Cost-effectiveness of clinical breast assessment-based screening in rural EgyptAdel Denewer
Surgical Oncology Department, Oncology Center, Mansoura University, Mansoura 35516, Egypt
World J Surg 34:2204-10. 2010..We report the first clinical breast assessment-based screening project in an entirely rural Egyptian community...
- Breast cancer-derived factors stimulate osteoclastogenesis through the Ca2+/protein kinase C and transforming growth factor-beta/MAPK signaling pathwaysKerstin Tiedemann
Faculty of Dentistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B2, Canada
J Biol Chem 284:33662-70. 2009..Thus, we have shown that breast cancer-derived factors induce osteoclastogenesis through the activation of calcium/protein kinase Calpha and TGFbeta-dependent ERK1/2 and p38 signaling pathways...
- Pharyngoesophageal reconstruction after resection of hypopharyngeal carcinoma: a new algorithm after analysis of 142 casesAdel Denewer
Department of Surgical Oncology, Oncology Center OCMU, Mansoura, Daqahlia, Egypt
World J Surg Oncol 12:182. 2014..The aim of this study is to define an algorithm for the choice of reconstructive method for defects after laryngo-pharyngo-esophagectomy for hypopharyngeal carcinoma...
- Skin-sparing mastectomy with immediate breast reconstruction by a new modification of extended latissimus dorsi myocutaneous flapAdel Denewer
Department of Surgical Oncology, Oncology Center, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt
World J Surg 32:2586-92. 2008..We report our results with a new modification of the extended latissimus dorsi flap after skin-sparing mastectomy for breast cancer...
- Rapamycin inhibits osteolysis and improves survival in a model of experimental bone metastasesOsama Hussein
Faculty of Dentistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 1A4
Cancer Lett 314:176-84. 2012..Rapamycin treatment significantly decreased the osteoclast population and osteolysis associated with experimental metastases. Our data indicate the benefit of rapamycin in treating metastases-associated osteolytic disease...
- Breast cancer at bone metastatic sites: recent discoveries and treatment targetsOsama Hussein
Faculty of Dentistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 1A4, Canada
J Cell Commun Signal 5:85-99. 2011....
- Minimally invasive video-assisted thyroidectomy for small follicular thyroid nodulesMohamed A F Hegazy
Department of Surgical Oncology, Mansoura University Hospital, El Gomhoria St, Mansoura, Egypt
World J Surg 31:1743-50. 2007..Despite some MIVAT advantages of less postoperative pain and slightly better cosmesis, minimally invasive open thyroidectomy offers an advantage of less operating time with comparable cosmetic results...