Affiliation: McGill University
- Decreased regional cortical thickness and thinning rate are associated with inattention symptoms in healthy childrenSimon Ducharme
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Canada
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 51:18-27.e2. 2012..However, the relationship between cortical maturation and attention capacities in typically developing children is unknown. This study examines cortical thickness correlates of inattention symptoms in a large sample of healthy children...
- Update on the clinical use of buprenorphine: in opioid-related disordersSimon Ducharme
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Que, Canada
Can Fam Physician 58:37-41. 2012..To review the current evidence on buprenorphine-naloxone for the treatment of opioid-related disorders, with a focus on primary care settings...
- Interactive effects of dehydroepiandrosterone and testosterone on cortical thickness during early brain developmentTuong Vi Nguyen
McConnell Brain Imaging Center, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B4, Canada
J Neurosci 33:10840-8. 2013....
- Anxious/depressed symptoms are linked to right ventromedial prefrontal cortical thickness maturation in healthy children and young adultsSimon Ducharme
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3A 2B4, Canada
Cereb Cortex 24:2941-50. 2014..Potential neurobiological mechanisms underlying this maturation pattern are proposed. These results demonstrate the dynamic impact of age on relations between vmPFC and negative affect in the developing brain. ..
- Testosterone-related cortical maturation across childhood and adolescenceTuong Vi Nguyen
McConnell Brain Imaging Center, Montreal Neurological Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 2B4
Cereb Cortex 23:1424-32. 2013..These findings show the association between testosterone and CTh to be complex, highly dynamic, and to vary, depending on sex and age; they also suggest sex-related hemispheric lateralization effects of testosterone in humans...
- Right anterior cingulate cortical thickness and bilateral striatal volume correlate with child behavior checklist aggressive behavior scores in healthy childrenSimon Ducharme
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, 3801 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Biol Psychiatry 70:283-90. 2011..The anterior cingulate cortex (ACC), orbitofrontal cortex (OFC), and basal ganglia have been implicated in pathological aggression. This study aimed at identifying neuroanatomical correlates of impulsive aggression in healthy children...