Affiliation: McGill University
- Cross-talk between the paired domain and the homeodomain of Pax3: DNA binding by each domain causes a structural change in the other domain, supporting interdependence for DNA BindingSergio Apuzzo
Department of Biochemistry and McGill Cancer Center, McGill University, Quebec H1E 1S9, Canada
J Biol Chem 279:33601-12. 2004..These results provide a structural basis for the functional interdependence of the two DNA binding domains of Pax3...
- Cooperative interactions between the two DNA binding domains of Pax3: helix 2 of the paired domain is in the proximity of the amino terminus of the homeodomainSergio Apuzzo
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Biochemistry 46:2984-93. 2007..This arrangement may be important for the noted PD-HD cooperativity in DNA binding...
- Site-specific modification of single cysteine Pax3 mutants reveals reciprocal regulation of DNA binding activity of the paired and homeo domainSergio Apuzzo
Department of Biochemistry and McGill Cancer Center, McGill University, 3655 Sir William Osler Promenade, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1Y6
Biochemistry 41:12076-85. 2002..Thus, the PD and HD do not function as independent DNA binding modules in Pax3 but seem functionally interdependent.(1)..
- The planar cell polarity protein Vangl2 is required for retinal axon guidanceVicki Leung
Complex Traits Group, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Dev Neurobiol 76:150-65. 2016..Our observations identify a new and essential role for Vangl2-dependent PCP signaling in the intraretinal path-finding of RGC axons...
- The paired domain of Pax3 contains a putative homeodomain interaction pocket defined by cysteine scanning mutagenesisSergio Apuzzo
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1Y6
Biochemistry 45:7154-61. 2006..We propose that this hydrophobic pocket may serve as a docking site for the HD during DNA binding by the intact protein...