Genomes and Genes
Organization: McGill University
- Endonasal dacryocystorhinostomy: a modified technique with preservation of the nasal and lacrimal mucosaFrancois Codere
Department of Ophthalmology, Service of Oculoplastic Surgery, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 26:161-4. 2010....
- Mothers' experiences with breastfeeding management and support: a quality improvement studyIrene Sarasua
SMBD Jewish General Hospital, Montreal
Breastfeed Rev 17:19-27. 2009..Results from the study can be used to target areas for improvement...
- Effects of semantic matching and of semantic category on reaction time and N400 that resist numerous repetitionsJ Bruno Debruille
Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Montreal, Quebec, H4H 1R3, Canada
Neuropsychologia 47:506-17. 2009..These results suggest that N400s and RTs could be used to study the semantic processes triggered by one content word...
- Correlation between physical functioning and sleep disturbances in hemodialysis patientsRamsey Sabbagh
Division of Nephrology, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hemodial Int 12:S20-4. 2008..Forty-six maintenance HD patients from the McGill University Health Centre were enrolled in this study between October 2005 and 2006...
- Experimental studies of potential analgesics for the treatment of chemotherapy-evoked painful peripheral neuropathiesWenhua Xiao
Department of Anesthesia, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Pain Med 9:505-17. 2008..We investigated potential analgesics for chemotherapy-evoked neuropathic pain using rats treated with paclitaxel...
- Prevention of intra-abdominal adhesions in gynaecological surgeryGere S diZerega
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Livingston Reproductive Biology Laboratory, USC Keck School of Medicine, 1321 N Mission Road, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Reprod Biomed Online 17:303-6. 2008..Good surgical technique and perhaps the use of approved devices for adhesion reduction would give patients the best chance to benefit from reproductive and gynaecological surgery...
- Usefulness of a single-item general self-rated health question to predict mortality 12 months after an acute coronary syndromeBrett D Thombs
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University and Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 15:479-81. 2008..We investigated whether a single-item GSRH question predicted mortality 12 months post-discharge in 800 ACS patients...
- Relevance of the 5-HTTLPR polymorphism and childhood abuse to increased psychiatric comorbidity in women with bulimia-spectrum disordersJodie Richardson
Eating Disorders Program, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Psychiatry 69:981-90. 2008....
- The Rpd3/Hda1 family of lysine deacetylases: from bacteria and yeast to mice and menXiang Jiao Yang
Molecular Oncology Group, Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 1A1, Canada
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 9:206-18. 2008..Little is known about class IV HDAC11, although its evolutionary conservation implies a fundamental role in various organisms...
- A pilot study designed to acquaint medical educators with basic pedagogic principlesP J McLeod
Centre for Medical Education, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Med Teach 30:92-3. 2008..Although many teachers have an intuitive or tacit knowledge of basic pedagogic principles, overt knowledge of fundamental educational principles is rare...
- Sphingomyelin phosphodiesterase-1 (SMPD1) coding variants do not contribute to low levels of high-density lipoprotein cholesterolZari Dastani
Cardiovascular Research Laboratories, Division of Cardiology, McGill University Health Centre Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A1, Canada
BMC Med Genet 8:79. 2007..In Niemann-Pick patients, SMPD1 gene defects are reported to be associated with a severe reduction in plasma high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol...
- Dissociable roles of the posterior parietal and the prefrontal cortex in manipulation and monitoring processesAnne Sophie Champod
Cognitive Neuroscience Unit, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, 3801 University Street, Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 2B4
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:14837-42. 2007..This study provides dissociation of activation in these two regions and, thus, succeeds in further specifying their relative contribution to working memory...
- MMCTP: a radiotherapy research environment for Monte Carlo and patient-specific treatment planningA Alexander
McGill Medical Physics Unit, Montreal General Hospital L5 113, 1650 Avenue Cedar, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1A4, Canada
Phys Med Biol 52:N297-308. 2007..Patient recalculations were performed to validate the software and ensure proper functionality...
- Use of health care services for psychological distress by immigrants in an urban multicultural milieuLaurence J Kirmayer
Division of Social and Transcultural Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec
Can J Psychiatry 52:295-304. 2007..Research in the United States tends to attribute low rates of use of mental health services by immigrants to economic barriers. The purpose of our study was to examine this issue in the context of Canada's universal health care system...
- A descriptive review of the factors contributing to nutritional compromise in patients with head and neck cancerMartin R Chasen
Gerald Bronfman Center for Clinical Research in Oncology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1S6, Canada
Support Care Cancer 17:1345-51. 2009..Patients who have been and/or are being treated for head and neck cancer have a compromised nutritional status. Nutritional deficits have a significant impact on mortality, morbidity, and quality of life...
- Health-related quality of life in systemic sclerosis: a systematic reviewMarie Hudson
SMBD Jewish General Hospital and McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 61:1112-20. 2009..The objective of this study was to systematically review the literature on HRQOL in SSc measured using the Medical Outcomes Trust Short Form 36 (SF-36)...
- Should psychological distress screening in the community account for self-perceived health status?Norbert Schmitz
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Montreal, Quebec
Can J Psychiatry 54:526-33. 2009..Poor physical health may affect the screening properties of a questionnaire. We evaluate the effect of self-perceived health status on the screening performance of the Kessler K10 and K6 scales in a community sample...
- Cellular signalling: Peptide hormones and growth factorsBarry I Posner
Departments of Medicine and Cell Biology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Prog Brain Res 181:1-16. 2010..From a clinical perspective there are several studies showing that manipulating endosomal processes may constitute a new therapeutic strategy...
- The contribution of neuropsychology to diagnostic assessment in epilepsyMarilyn Jones-Gotman
Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Epilepsy Behav 18:3-12. 2010....
- Applied tension may help retain donors who are ambivalent about needlesB Ditto
Department of Psychology, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Vox Sang 98:e225-30. 2010..However, the effects of symptoms on donor retention as well as the effects of treatments to reduce vasovagal symptoms on donor retention are probably moderated by a person's confidence that they can tolerate the procedure...
- Genomic assessment of the evolution of the prion protein gene family in vertebratesPaul M Harrison
Department of Biology, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Genomics 95:268-77. 2010..These annotations and evolutionary analyses will be of further use for functional characterisation of the PrP-GF, and will be updatable in a semi-automated fashion as more genomes accumulate...
- Radiosurgery scope of practice in Canada: a report of the Canadian association of radiation oncology (CARO) radiosurgery advisory committeeDavid Roberge
McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1A4
Radiother Oncol 95:122-8. 2010Radiosurgery has a long history in Canada. Since the treatment of the first patient at the McGill University Health Center in 1985, radiosurgery programs have been developed from coast to coast...
- Chemogenomic profiling predicts antifungal synergiesGregor Jansen
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Syst Biol 5:338. 2009..Our method is therefore capable of accurately predicting compound synergy to aid the development of combinatorial antifungal therapies...
- FIAT control of osteoblast activityRene St-Arnaud
Genetics Unit, Shriners Hospital for Children, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1A6
J Cell Biochem 109:453-9. 2010..Taken together, the results accumulated to date support the hypothesis that FIAT is a transcriptional repressor that modulates osteoblast function...
- Right and access to healthcare for undocumented children: addressing the gap between international conventions and disparate implementations in North America and EuropeMónica Ruiz-Casares
Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Soc Sci Med 70:329-36. 2010..Collaboration in research is urgently needed to assist policy-makers and institutions make informed decisions...
- A neurotrophic rationale for the therapy of neurodegenerative disordersH Uri Saragovi
Pharmacology and Therapeutics, The Lady Davis Institute, Jewish General Hospital, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Curr Alzheimer Res 6:419-23. 2009..Targeting neurotrophin receptors with ligands that activate survival pathways or inhibit death pathways is an alternative worth pursuing...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress in proteinuric kidney diseaseAndrey V Cybulsky
Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Kidney Int 77:187-93. 2010..Understanding the various aspects of ER stress will provide an opportunity for development of novel therapeutic strategies for proteinuric diseases...
- Analyses of injury count data: some do's and don'tsIan Shrier
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Community Studies, Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, SMBD Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Epidemiol 170:1307-15. 2009..More advanced analyses are required to account for multiplicity...
- Improved classification images with sparse priors in a smooth basisPatrick J Mineault
Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Vis 9:17.1-24. 2009..Finally, we have verified the efficiency and accuracy of our approach with psychophysical data from a human observer...
- Physiological correlates of applied tension may contribute to reduced fainting during medical proceduresBlaine Ditto
Department of Psychology, McGill University, 1205 Dr Penfield Ave, Montreal, QC, H3A 1B1, Canada
Ann Behav Med 37:306-14. 2009..AT has been found to reduce dizziness and fainting in several studies of blood donors...
- Evaluating detection of an inhalational anthrax outbreakDavid L Buckeridge
McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Emerg Infect Dis 12:1942-9. 2006..9 and 0.32 days at a specificity of 0.975. When syndromic surveillance was sufficiently sensitive to detect a substantial proportion of outbreaks before clinical case finding, it generated frequent false alarms...
- Factors affecting unanticipated hospital admission following otolaryngologic day surgeryMarc A Tewfik
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec
J Otolaryngol 35:235-41. 2006..Day surgery constitutes an important part of modern otolaryngology practice. However, high rates of unplanned admissions remain an issue...
- A temporal stability approach to position and attention-shift-invariant recognitionMuhua Li
Centre for Intelligent Machines, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 2A7
Neural Comput 16:2293-321. 2004..We present results on both simulated data and real images to demonstrate that our network can acquire both position and attention shift invariance...
- Reasons for physician non-adherence to electronic drug alertsLaurel K Taylor
Faculty of Management, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Stud Health Technol Inform 107:1101-5. 2004..The adherence to such decision aids is varied and the reasons for this variance not well understood...
- Using the Delphi process to identify the curriculumP McLeod
Center for Medical Education, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Med Educ 38:548. 2004
- Epidural ropivacaine versus epidural morphine and the catabolic response to colonic surgery: stable isotope kinetic studies in the fasted state and during infusion of glucoseThomas Schricker
Department of Anesthesia, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Anesthesiology 100:973-8. 2004..The authors examined the hypothesis that epidural administration of local anesthetic, in contrast to epidural analgesia with morphine, inhibits postoperative protein oxidation during administration of glucose...
- 1,25(OH)2D3 inhibits bone marrow adipogenesis in senescence accelerated mice (SAM-P/6) by decreasing the expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma 2 (PPARgamma2)Gustavo Duque
Division of Geriatric Medicine, Department of Medicine, 3755, Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, Que, Canada H3T 1E2
Exp Gerontol 39:333-8. 2004..01) In summary, this study shows that the administration of 1,25(OH)(2)D(3) in an in vivo model of senile osteoporosis is associated with reduction in PPARgamma2 a key transcription factor for the adipose differentiation of MSC...
- [From the craftsman to the specialist physician. The professional rise of surgeons]Th Schlich
Departement of Social Studies of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec
Praxis (Bern 1994) 93:36-7. 2004
- Bioethics and religions: religious traditions and understandings of morality, health, and illnessLeigh Turner
Biomedical Ethics Unit, Department of Social Studies of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Health Care Anal 11:181-97. 2003....
- Steroid hormones and cognitive functioning in aging men: a mini-reviewBarbara B Sherwin
Department of Psychology and Department of OB GYN, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
J Mol Neurosci 20:385-93. 2003..More definitive conclusions on the relationship between the sex hormones and specific cognitive functions in men await more careful investigation in this area in the future...
- Semantic category differences in cross-form primingDavid Gold
Centre de Recherche, Institut Universitaire de Geriatrie de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 9:796-805. 2003..Results are discussed in the context of theoretical accounts of the category-specific impairments observed in brain-damaged populations...
- Subthalamic deep brain stimulation does not induce striatal dopamine release in Parkinson's diseaseAntonio P Strafella
Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Neuroreport 14:1287-9. 2003..There was no difference in tracer binding in the striatum between the two testing conditions. We conclude that high frequency stimulation of the STN does not act by increasing dopamine release...
- Arming the enemy: the evolution of resistance to self-proteinsGraham Bell
Biology Department, McGill University, 1205 Ave Dr Penfield, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 1B1
Microbiology 149:1367-75. 2003..If so, the introduction of these substances into general use may provoke the evolution of resistance to our own defence proteins and thus compromise our natural defences against infection...
- Effect of chronic alcohol consumption on the activity of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and pituitary beta-endorphin as a function of alcohol intake, age, and genderChristina Gianoulakis
Douglas Hospital Research Centre, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Verdun, Quebec, Canada
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 27:410-23. 2003..The objective of the present studies was to investigate the hypothesis that chronic alcohol consumption alters the activity of the HPA axis and pituitary beta-END as a function of severity of alcohol abuse, gender, and age...
- Elective lumbar spinal decompression in the elderly: is it a high-risk operation?Rudolf Reindl
Orthopedic Research Laboratory, McGill University, Montreal, Que
Can J Surg 46:43-6. 2003..The purpose of this study was to relate the surgical risks involved in elective spinal decompression in elderly patients to those of total hip arthroplasty, a well-accepted procedure whose risks and benefits are well known...
- A pentadecapeptide fragment of islet neogenesis-associated protein increases beta-cell mass and reverses diabetes in C57BL/6J miceLawrence Rosenberg
Department of Surgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ann Surg 240:875-84. 2004....
- Interactions between growth and body composition in children treated with high-dose chronic glucocorticoidsBethany J Foster
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Nephrology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 80:1334-41. 2004..However, despite prolonged, repeated courses of glucocorticoid, children with steroid-sensitive nephrotic syndrome (SSNS) have almost normal adult height. Little information exists on body composition...
- Smoking trajectories of adolescent novice smokers in a longitudinal study of tobacco useIgor Karp
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1A4, Canada
Ann Epidemiol 15:445-52. 2005..To describe longitudinal trajectories of smoking intensity in adolescent novice smokers and to identify predictors of trajectory class membership...
- Critical evaluation of the colocalization between calcitonin gene-related peptide, substance P, transient receptor potential vanilloid subfamily type 1 immunoreactivities, and isolectin B4 binding in primary afferent neurons of the rat and mouseTheodore J Price
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio San Antonio, TX, USA
J Pain 8:263-72. 2007..Thus, whereas only an approximately 10% overlap was observed in TG neurons of mouse, significantly greater overlap (approximately 35%) was observed in those of rat...
- Colorectal cancer screening: physicians' knowledge of risk assessment and guidelines, practice, and description of barriers and facilitatorsMaida J Sewitch
Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 20:713-8. 2006..Physician nonadherence to colorectal cancer (CRC) screening recommendations contributes to underuse of screening...
- The "pirate sign" in fibrous dysplasiaAmit Singnurkar
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Division of Radiology, Jewish General Hospital and McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Nucl Med 31:727-8. 2006..A review of the literature revealed several other pathologic conditions that have been reported to involve the sphenoid bone and should be considered in the differential diagnosis of abnormal bone tracer uptake in this region...
- Age-related impairments in the revision of syntactic misanalyses: effects of prosodyDebra A Titone
Department of Psychology, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Lang Speech 49:75-99. 2006..These results are interpreted with respect to age-related impairments in the allocation of working memory resources and inefficient inhibitory function during spoken language processing...
- Getting physicians to accept new information technology: insights from case studiesLiette Lapointe
Faculty of Management, McGill University, Montreal, Que
CMAJ 174:1573-8. 2006..Using case studies, we analyzed the implementation of such systems in 3 hospitals to understand better the dynamics of physicians' resistance to CIS implementation...
- Fluorescence-quenching and resonance energy transfer studies of lipid microdomains in model and biological membranesJohn R Silvius
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Membr Biol 23:5-16. 2006....
- Time course of retrieval and movement preparation in music performanceCaroline Palmer
Psychology Dept, McGill University, 1205 Dr Penfield Ave, Montreal QC H3A 1B1, Canada
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1060:360-7. 2005..This early evidence suggests different time courses for item retrieval (slower, earlier) than for movement preparation (faster, later) with significant temporal overlap during music performance...
- Only two phase mechanisms, +/-cosine, in human visionP C Huang
McGill Vision Research, Department of Ophthalmology, McGill University, Montreal, Que, Canada
Vision Res 46:2069-81. 2006..We suggest that phase discrimination, whether at threshold or suprathreshold, is mediated by mechanisms that encode the relative positions and contrasts of local increments and decrements within the stimulus...
- On the energy cost of mental effortTheodore L Sourkes
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
J Hist Neurosci 15:31-47. 2006..Modern approaches to the problem make use of PET imaging, which detects local changes in glucose utilization by the brain during cognitive activity...
- Estrogen and cognitive aging in womenB B Sherwin
McGill University, Department of Psychology, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Neuroscience 138:1021-6. 2006....
- Parent-of-origin transmission of thrombophilic alleles to intrauterine growth-restricted newborns and transmission-ratio distortion in unaffected newbornsClaire Infante-Rivard
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Epidemiol 162:891-7. 2005..Affected newborns also inherited the prothrombin G20210A variant significantly less often than expected. These results suggest that these three genes exhibit segregation distortion or reduce gestational survival...
- The Douglas Hospital Longitudinal Study of Normal and Pathological Aging: summary of findingsSonia J Lupien
Laboratory of Human Stress Research, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Borough of Verdun, and Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Psychiatry Neurosci 30:328-34. 2005....
- High and low density in the same bone: a study on children and adolescents with mild osteogenesis imperfectaFrank Rauch
Genetics Unit, Shriners Hospital for Children, 1529 Cedar Avenue, Montreal, Canada QC H3G 1A6
Bone 37:634-41. 2005....
- Factors associated with tuberculin conversion in Canadian microbiology and pathology workersDick Menzies
Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:599-602. 2003....
- MOLECULAR EPIDEMIOLOGY OF PERSISTENT HPV INFECTIONEduardo Franco; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR EPIDEMIOLOGY OF PERSISTENT HPV INFECTIONEduardo Franco; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- HITCH: A Study of HPV Transmission in Young CouplesEduardo L Franco; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Lymphoma in Autoimmune Disease: Consequence of Immune Suppression or Stimulation?Sasha Bernatsky; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our proposed project will help identify patients at highest risk for lymphoma and provide guidance regarding initiation and maintenance of therapy to control SLE. ..
- DELETION MUTAGENESIS WITHIN NONCODING SEGMENTS OF HIV1Mark Wainberg; Fiscal Year: 2001..6. To determine whether these attenuated SIV constructs may protect against subsequent challenge with virulent forms of SIV and SIV/HIV hybrids. ..
- Genetic cognitive and interpersonal vulnerabilities to depression in youthJohn Abela; Fiscal Year: 2007..Multilevel growth curve modeling will be used to test hypotheses. ..
- Silibinin in Prostate Cancer Chemoprevention & TreatmentMichael Pollak; Fiscal Year: 2004..The work is justified by the favorable toxicity profile of silibinin, together with prior positive laboratory studies reported by our group and other investigators. ..
- Orbitofrontal and striatal mechanisms in stress and addictionLesley Fellows; Fiscal Year: 2006..It aims to develop a solid theoretical and experimental foundation for applying neurobiological findings to understand the real-life complexity of addictive behavior in humans. ..
- Mapping the Anatomy of Decision MakingLesley Fellows; Fiscal Year: 2004..This approach has the potential to provide insights into the basis for a wide range of pathological human behavior. ..
- Synaptic Alterations in the Cerebral Cortex during AgingA Cuello; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Basal Forebrain Neurons in Sleep-Wake StatesBarbara E Jones; Fiscal Year: 2010..They will provide insight into how imbalances in these systems could lead to deficits in attention and arousal as well as disruption of sleep-wake states. ..
- Role of Basal Forebrain Neurons in Sleep-Wake StatesBarbara Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007..They will provide insight into how imbalances in these systems could lead to deficits in attention and arousal as well as disruption of sleep-wake states. ..
- Role of Basal Forebrain Neurons in Sleep-Wake StatesBarbara Jones; Fiscal Year: 2005..the first time the specific neurons that are critically involved in state determination and reveal the discharge, chemical neurotransmitters and efferent projections by which they modulate cerebral activity across the sleep-wake cycle ..
- ROLE OF BASAL FOREBRAIN NEURONS IN SLEEP WAKE STATESBarbara Jones; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Individual differences in maternal behavior in the ratMichael Meaney; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- The FIAT-ATF4 interaction and the control of bone massRene St Arnaud; Fiscal Year: 2010..These experiments will elucidate the molecular mechanisms through which FIAT regulates bone mass accrual in vivo. ..
- The FIAT-ATF4 interaction and the control of bone massRene St Arnaud; Fiscal Year: 2007..These experiments will elucidate the molecular mechanisms through which FIAT regulates bone mass accrual in vivo. ..
- The FIAT-ATF4 interaction and the control of bone massRene St Arnaud; Fiscal Year: 2009..These experiments will elucidate the molecular mechanisms through which FIAT regulates bone mass accrual in vivo. ..
- Maternal Programming of Gene Expression Through DNA MethylationMICHAEL JOSEPH MEANEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Advances in Mineral Metabolism (AMM) meetingRene St Arnaud; Fiscal Year: 2006..These funds will aid immensely in allowing AIMM to fulfill its function to stimulate further creativity in bone and cartilage research and to provide young investigators with a tribune to promote their talent. ..
- INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES IN MATERNAL CARE IN THE RATMichael Meaney; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Individual Differences in Mesolimbic Dopamine SystemsMichael Meaney; Fiscal Year: 2003..We feel that these studies will provide us with an understanding of the way in which early environmental events might contribute to the development of individual differences in neural systems that mediate drug-seeking behavior. ..
- 2005 Bones & Teeth Gordon ConferenceRene St Arnaud; Fiscal Year: 2005..These funds, if granted, will aid immeasurably in allowing the Gordon Research Conference to fulfill its function to stimulate further creativity in bone, cartilage and tooth research. ..