- The endogenous cardiac cannabinoid system: a new protective mechanism against myocardial ischemia
Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite de Montreal, QC, Canada
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 99:242-6. 2006
..This latter effect appears to be mediated through CB2-receptors. Thus, the endogenous cardiac cannabinoid system, through activation of CB2-receptors, appears to be an important mechanism of protection against myocardial ischemia...
- The metabolism of bradykinin: a cornerstone for the understanding of the cardiovascular effects of metallopeptidase inhibitors
Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Can J Cardiol 17:11A-4A. 2001
..These studies advance understanding of the role of endogenous BK in the cardiovascular effects of ACE inhibitors and other metallopeptidase inhibitors...
- Seasonal congestive heart failure mortality and hospitalisation trends, Quebec 1990-1998
D Ehrmann Feldman
Direction de la Santé Publique de Montréal Centre, and Université de Montréal, GRIS et Ecole de réadaption, Quebec, Canada
J Epidemiol Community Health 58:129-30. 2004
..To describe seasonal congestive heart failure (CHF) mortality and hospitalisations in Quebec, Canada between 1990-1998 and compare trends in CHF mortality and morbidity with those in France...
- Involvement of cannabinoids in the cardioprotection induced by lipopolysaccharide
, , CP 6128, Succursale Centre Ville, , , Canada, H3C 3J7
Br J Pharmacol 132:793-6. 2001
..Our results suggest an involvement of endocannabinoids, acting through the CB2 receptors, in the cardioprotection triggered by LPS against myocardial ischaemia. This could be attributed to a relationship between cannabinoids and NO...
- Omapatrilat: a new tool for understanding metabolism of bradykinin at the endothelium level
M J Dumoulin
, , 2900 Boul. Edouard-Montpetit, C.P. 6128, Succursale Centre-Ville, , , H3C 3J7, Canada
Curr Hypertens Rep 3:S28-30. 2001
- CD36 mediates the cardiovascular action of growth hormone-releasing peptides in the heart
Faculty of Pharmacy and Department of Pharmacology, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Circ Res 90:844-9. 2002
..These data suggest that CD36 may mediate the coronary vasospasm seen in hypercholesterolemia and atherosclerosis...
- Mediation by B1 and B2 receptors of vasodepressor responses to intravenously administered kinins in anaesthetized dogs
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, , , Canada
Br J Pharmacol 110:71-6. 1993
..These findings provide pharmacological evidence for the existence of functionally active B1 receptors in canine cardiovascular homeostasis...
- [Role of B1 receptors in the endothelial protective effect of ischaemic preconditioning]
J F Bouchard
, , , Canada
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 91:941-5. 1998
..B2 receptors do not play any role in that protection...
- [Cardiac and vascular effects of cannabinoids: toward a therapeutic use?]
Laboratoire HP2, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Grenoble I, Domaine de la Merci, 38706 La Tronche, France
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 54:89-96. 2005
..However, the clinical use of cannabinoid receptors agonists or antagonists will depend on the development of non psychoactive compounds...