Genomes and Genes
Jean Claude Lacaille
- mRNA binding protein staufen 1-dependent regulation of pyramidal cell spine morphology via NMDA receptor-mediated synaptic plasticityGeneviève Lebeau
Department of Physiology, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Mol Brain 4:22. 2011..These findings clarify the role of Stau1-dependent mRNA regulation in physiological and morphological changes underlying long-term synaptic plasticity in pyramidal cells...
- Translational control of hippocampal synaptic plasticity and memory by the eIF2alpha kinase GCN2Mauro Costa-Mattioli
Department of Biochemistry and McGill Cancer Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Nature 436:1166-73. 2005..Our study provides genetic, physiological, behavioural and molecular evidence that GCN2 regulates synaptic plasticity, as well as learning and memory, through modulation of the ATF4/CREB pathway...
- Staufen1 regulation of protein synthesis-dependent long-term potentiation and synaptic function in hippocampal pyramidal cellsGeneviève Lebeau
Departement de Physiologie, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128 Succ Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 28:2896-907. 2008....
- Afferent-specific properties of interneuron synapses underlie selective long-term regulation of feedback inhibitory circuits in CA1 hippocampusAriane Croce
Groupe de Recherche sur le Système Nerveux Central, Departement de Physiologie, Universite de Montreal, Succ Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Physiol 588:2091-107. 2010..Thus, cell type- and afferent-specific rules of transmission and plasticity underlie distinct OA-IN input-output functions, providing selective long-term regulation in feedback inhibitory networks...
- Characterization of voltage-gated K+ currents contributing to subthreshold membrane potential oscillations in hippocampal CA1 interneuronsFrance Morin
Le Groupe de Recherche sur le Système Nerveux Central, Departement de Physiologie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Neurophysiol 103:3472-89. 2010..Our findings uncover a differential expression of a complement of K(+) channels that underlies intrinsic rhythmic activity in inhibitory interneurons...
- Synapse-specific mGluR1-dependent long-term potentiation in interneurones regulates mouse hippocampal inhibitionValérie Lapointe
Departement de Physiologie, Centre de Recherche en Sciences Neurologiques, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, Succ Centre Ville, Montreal, QC, Canada H3C 3J7
J Physiol 555:125-35. 2004..These results uncover the mechanisms of a novel form of interneurone synaptic plasticity that can adaptively regulate inhibition of hippocampal pyramidal cells...
- Staufen 2 regulates mGluR long-term depression and Map1b mRNA distribution in hippocampal neuronsGeneviève Lebeau
Departement de Physiologie, GRSNC, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7, Canada
Learn Mem 18:314-26. 2011..We suggest a role for Stau2 in the generation and regulation of Map1b mRNA containing granules that are required for mGluR-LTD...
- eIF2alpha phosphorylation bidirectionally regulates the switch from short- to long-term synaptic plasticity and memoryMauro Costa-Mattioli
Department of Biochemistry and McGill Cancer Center, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cell 129:195-206. 2007..These findings highlight the importance of a single phosphorylation site in eIF2alpha as a key regulator of L-LTP and LTM formation...
- Interneuron subtype specific activation of mGluR1/5 during epileptiform activity in hippocampusNathalie T Sanon
Groupe de Recherche sur le Système Nerveux Central, Departement de Physiologie, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Epilepsia 51:1607-18. 2010....
- Postnatal deamidation of 4E-BP2 in brain enhances its association with raptor and alters kinetics of excitatory synaptic transmissionMichael Bidinosti
Department of Biochemistry and Goodman Cancer Centre, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3G 1Y6, Canada
Mol Cell 37:797-808. 2010..4E-BP2 deamidation may represent a compensatory mechanism for the developmental reduction of PI3K-Akt-mTOR signaling...
- Mechanisms of translational regulation in synaptic plasticityWayne S Sossin
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B4, Canada
Curr Opin Neurobiol 20:450-6. 2010..Particular focus will be on the different transduction mechanisms that selectively target distinct elements of the mRNA in the regulation of translation during plasticity...
- Kv4.3-mediated A-type K+ currents underlie rhythmic activity in hippocampal interneuronsMathieu L Bourdeau
Departement de Physiologie, Groupe de Recherche sur le Système Nerveux Central, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7
J Neurosci 27:1942-53. 2007..Thus, our findings reveal a novel function of Kv4.3-mediated A-type K+ currents in the generation of intrinsic MPOs in specific subpopulations of interneurons that may participate in hippocampal theta-related rhythmic activity...
- Intellectual disability without epilepsy associated with STXBP1 disruptionFadi F Hamdan
The Centre of Excellence in Neuromics of Université de Montréal and Synapse to Disease S2D group, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Hum Genet 19:607-9. 2011..This is the first report of a patient with a truncating mutation in STXBP1 that does not show epilepsy, thus, expanding the clinical spectrum associated with STXBP1 disruption...
- De novo SYNGAP1 mutations in nonsyndromic intellectual disability and autismFadi F Hamdan
Centre of Excellence in Neuromics of Université de Montréal and Synapse to Disease, S2D, Group, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Sainte Justine Research Center, Montreal, Canada
Biol Psychiatry 69:898-901. 2011..Recently, we reported de novo truncating mutations in the SYNGAP1 gene of 3 of 94 NSID cases, suggesting that its disruption represents a common cause of autosomal dominant NSID...
- Long-term synaptic plasticity in hippocampal feedback inhibitory networksJoe Guillaume Pelletier
Departement de Physiologie, GRSNC, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, Succ Centre Ville, Montreal, QC H3C 3J7, Canada
Prog Brain Res 169:241-50. 2008..This specialized tuning of inhibition is likely important for global hippocampal function...
- The endocannabinoid 2-arachidonoylglycerol inhibits long-term potentiation of glutamatergic synapses onto ventral tegmental area dopamine neurons in miceChristian Kortleven
Department of Pharmacology, Universite de Montreal, 2900 Boulevard Edouard Montpetit, Montreal, QC, Canada H3T 1J4
Eur J Neurosci 33:1751-60. 2011..Understanding the factors that regulate long-term synaptic plasticity in this circuit is critical to aid our comprehension of drug addiction in humans...
- Astrocytes are endogenous regulators of basal transmission at central synapsesAude Panatier
Departement de Physiologie, Universite de Montreal, PO Box 6128, Station Centre Ville, Montreal, QC H3C 3J7, Canada
Cell 146:785-98. 2011..Our work uncovers an essential role for astrocytes in the regulation of elementary synaptic communication and provides insight into fundamental aspects of brain function...
- Excess of de novo deleterious mutations in genes associated with glutamatergic systems in nonsyndromic intellectual disabilityFadi F Hamdan
Centre of Excellence in Neuromics of Université de Montréal, Sainte Justine Hospital Research Centre, Montreal, Canada
Am J Hum Genet 88:306-16. 2011..None of these mutations or any other DNMs were identified in these genes in 285 healthy controls. This study highlights the importance of the glutamate receptor complexes in NSID and further supports the role of DNMs in this disorder...
- Forskolin induction of late-LTP and up-regulation of 5' TOP mRNAs translation via mTOR, ERK, and PI3K in hippocampal pyramidal cellsDelphine Gobert
Departement de Physiologie, Groupe de Recherche sur le Système Nerveux Central, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Neurochem 106:1160-74. 2008....