- The management of behavioural disturbances in dementia: the role of serotonergic therapiesN Herrmann
Division of Geriatric Psychiatry, Sunnybrook Health Science Center, Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Room FG20, North York, Ontario M4N 3M5, Canada
IDrugs 1:214-20. 1998..The pharmacotherapy of behavioral disturbances is reviewed, focusing on serotonergic agents...
- Effectiveness of gabapentin for the treatment of behavioral disorders in dementiaN Herrmann
Division of Geriatric Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Psychopharmacol 20:90-3. 2000..Gabapentin may have a role in treating a subgroup of dementia patients with severe behavioral disorders who have not responded to neuroleptics...
- Depressive symptoms predict non-completion of a structured exercise intervention for people with Type 2 diabetesW Swardfager
University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Diabet Med 33:529-36. 2016..To quantify the impact of depressive symptoms on completion of exercise-based rehabilitation for Type 2 diabetes management...
- From transmitters to treatment: the pharmacotherapy of behavioural disturbances in dementiaN Herrmann
University of Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 42:51S-64S. 1997....
- Poststroke neuropsychiatric symptoms: relationships with IL-17 and oxidative stressW Swardfager
Neuropsychopharmacology Research Group, Sunnybrook Research Institute, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada M4N 3M5 Department of Psychiatry, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada M4N 3M5 Canadian Partnership for Stroke Recovery, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada M4N 3M5 Division of Cognitive Neurology, Department of Medicine, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada M4N 3M5 L C Campbell Cognitive Neurology Research Unit, Sunnybrook Research Institute, Toronto, ON, Canada M4N 3M5
Biomed Res Int 2014:245210. 2014..In conclusion, poststroke depressive symptoms may be associated with cognitive vulnerability to IL-17 related pathways, involving an imbalance between proinflammatory and anti-inflammatory activity and increased oxidative stress. ..
- Potential Biomarkers for Depression Associated with Coronary Artery Disease: A Critical ReviewA Adibfar
Neuropsychopharmacology Research Group, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Suite FG 08, M4N 3M5, Toronto, Canada
Curr Mol Med 16:137-64. 2016..Further investigating the mechanisms underlying those markers and exploring novel pathways, such as oxidative stress, will extend the current state of knowledge and potentially lead to the identification of novel therapeutic targets...
- Risperidone for the treatment of behavioral disturbances in dementia: a case seriesN Herrmann
Sunnybrook Health Science Centre, University of Toronto, Royal Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Canada
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 10:220-3. 1998..Risperidone, in low doses, was well tolerated; 50% of patients experienced significant improvement, although 50% experienced some extrapyramidal symptoms...
- Lithium and its neuroprotective and neurotrophic effects: potential treatment for post-ischemic stroke sequelaeA B Gold
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, 2075 Bayview Avenue Rm FG 05, Toronto, ON M4N 3M5, Canada
Curr Drug Targets 12:243-55. 2011....
- Brain derived neurotrophic factor, cardiopulmonary fitness and cognition in patients with coronary artery diseaseW Swardfager
Neuropsychopharmacology Research Group, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Brain Behav Immun 25:1264-71. 2011..To assess serum brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) concentrations as a correlate of cardiopulmonary fitness and as a predictor of cognitive performance in subjects with coronary artery disease (CAD)...