Paul M Gorman
- Dimerization of the transmembrane domain of amyloid precursor proteins and familial Alzheimer's disease mutantsPaul M Gorman
Ontario Cancer Institute and Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2M9, Canada
BMC Neurosci 9:17. 2008..The transmembrane domain (TM) of APP contains the known dimerization motif GXXXA. We have investigated the dimerization of both wild type and FAD mutant APP transmembrane domains...
- Co-incorporation of A beta 40 and A beta 42 to form mixed pre-fibrillar aggregatesDavid Frost
Division of Molecular and Structural Biology, Ontario Cancer Institute and Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Eur J Biochem 270:654-63. 2003..A change in the local A beta variant ratio can therefore have a significant impact on A beta aggregation; indeed such a change has been reported in some types of familial AD...
- Charge substitution shows that repulsive electrostatic interactions impede the oligomerization of Alzheimer amyloid peptidesMeng Guo
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ont, Canada M5G 2M9
FEBS Lett 579:3574-8. 2005..The strong negative correlation between net charge and oligomerization indicates that electrostatic repulsion between A beta monomers impedes their association...
- Alternate aggregation pathways of the Alzheimer beta-amyloid peptide: Abeta association kinetics at endosomal pHPaul M Gorman
Division of Molecular and Structural Biology, Ontario Cancer Institute, University of Toronto, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2M9
J Mol Biol 325:743-57. 2003..However, after two weeks beta-structure is observed and is attributable to the insoluble portion of the sample. After two months, mature amyloid fibrils appear and the spherical aggregates are significantly diminished...
- Alzheimer's Abeta40 studied by NMR at low pH reveals that sodium 4,4-dimethyl-4-silapentane-1-sulfonate (DSS) binds and promotes beta-ball oligomerizationDouglas V Laurents
Instituto de Quimica Fisica Rocasolano, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Serrano 119, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 280:3675-85. 2005..DSS binds beta-balls more strongly and caused them to double in size. Plausible micelle-like models for the beta-ball structure with and without bound DSS are presented...