- Profile of 24-h light exposure and circadian phase of melatonin secretion in night workersM Dumont
Chronobiology Laboratory, Hopital du Sacre Coeur de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Biol Rhythms 16:502-11. 2001..This observation suggests that circadian phase prior to night work may contribute to the initial step toward circadian adaptation, later reinforced by specific patterns of light exposure...
- Circadian and homeostatic sleep regulation in morningness-eveningnessV Mongrain
Chronobiology Laboratory, Sacré Coeur Hospital of Montréal, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Sleep Res 15:162-6. 2006..These results support the hypothesis that chronotype can originate from differences in the dissipation of sleep pressure and that homeostatic and circadian processes influence the sleep schedule preference independently...
- Association between melatonin secretion and daytime sleep complaints in night nursesD Benhaberou-Brun
Chronobiology Laboratory, , Canada
Sleep 22:877-85. 1999..A longer duration of melatonin secretion may increase the tolerance to an abnormal circadian phase...
- Effects of electric and magnetic fields from high-power lines on female urinary excretion of 6-sulfatoxymelatoninP Levallois
Unite de Recherche en Sante publique, Pavillon CHUL, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Am J Epidemiol 154:601-9. 2001..Chronic residential exposure to magnetic fields from high-power lines may accentuate the decrease in melatonin secretion observed in some vulnerable subgroups of the population...
- Sleep and wake disturbances following traumatic brain injuryC Duclos
Center for Advanced Research in Sleep Medicine, Hopital du Sacre Coeur de Montreal, 5400, boulevard Gouin Ouest, Montreal, Quebec, H4J 1C5, Canada
Pathol Biol (Paris) 62:252-61. 2014..In order to optimise recovery in TBI survivors, further studies are required to shed light on the complexity and heterogeneity of post-TBI sleep and wake disturbances, and to fully grasp the best timing and approach for intervention. ..
- Diurnal time courses in psychomotor performance and waking EEG frequenciesC Lafrance
Laboratoire de chronobiologie, Hopital du Sacre Coeur de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Brain Cogn 48:625-31. 2002..00-19.75 Hz) bands were similar to the diurnal variations in the reaction time measures. It is suggested that the changes in the sigma and the beta1 bands may facilitate the processing of the sensorimotor treatment...
- Regional acetylcholinesterase activity and its correlation with behavioral performances in 15-month old transgenic mice expressing the human C99 fragment of APPM Dumont
Universite de Rouen, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, INSERM U614, Rouen, France
J Neural Transm 113:1225-41. 2006..Because of some similarities in terms of neurochemistry and behavior, this mouse model may be of use for studying prodromal AD...
- Neurobehavioral characterization of APP23 transgenic mice with the SHIRPA primary screenR Lalonde
Universite de Rouen, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, INSERM U614, IFRMP23, Bâtiment de Recherche, 76183 Rouen Cedex, France
Behav Brain Res 157:91-8. 2005..Despite the neurologic signs, APP23 transgenic mice were not deficient in stationary beam, coat-hanger, and rotorod tests, indicating intact motor coordination abilities...
- Spatial learning and exploration of environmental stimuli in 24-month-old female APP23 transgenic mice with the Swedish mutationM Dumont
Universite de Rouen, INSERM U614, IFRMP23, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, 22 bld Gambetta, Bâtiment de Recherche, Salle 1D18, 76183 Rouen Cedex, France
Brain Res 1024:113-21. 2004..These results indicate that hyperactivity and impaired learning abilities characterize this mouse model of Alzheimer's disease and cerebral angiopathy...
- Transgenic mice expressing the human C99 terminal fragment of betaAPP: effects on cytochrome oxidase activity in skeletal muscle and brainC Strazielle
Laboratoire de Pathologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire en Nutrition EMI INSERM 0014 and Service de Microscopie Electronique, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Henri Poincare, Nancy I, France
J Chem Neuroanat 27:237-46. 2004..The overproduction of betaAPP-C99 fragments in brain without (amyloidosis did not appear to affect the metabolic activity of structures particularly vulnerable in Alzheimer's disease...
- Transgenic mice expressing the human C99 terminal fragment of betaAPP: effects on spatial learning, exploration, anxiety, and motor coordinationR Lalonde
Universite de Rouen, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, 22 blvd Gambetta, INSERM EPI 9906, Bâtiment de Recherche, Salle 1D18, 76183 Rouen Cedex, France
Exp Gerontol 37:1401-12. 2002....
- Spatial learning, exploration, anxiety, and motor coordination in female APP23 transgenic mice with the Swedish mutationR Lalonde
INSERM EPI 9906, Salle 1D18, Bâtiment de Recherche, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, Universite de Rouen, 22 blvd Gambetta, 76183 Rouen Cedex, France
Brain Res 956:36-44. 2002..These results indicate that a learning deficit and hypoactivity, concordant with the early stages of Alzheimer's disease, characterize this mouse model with Abeta accumulation...
- Characterization of hemizygous SOD1/wild-type transgenic mice with the SHIRPA primary screen and tests of sensorimotor function and anxietyR Lalonde
Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, Universite de Rouen, INSERM U614, Bâtiment de Recherche, 22 bld Gambetta, Salle 1D18, 76183 Rouen, Cedex, France
Brain Res Bull 64:251-8. 2004..These results indicate mild deficits in sensorimotor responsiveness in a mouse model expressing human SOD1 and that the overexpressed gene may be responsible for some Down symptoms...
- Mono- and dual-frequency fast cerebellar oscillation in mice lacking parvalbumin and/or calbindin D-28kL Servais
Laboratoire d Electrophysiologie, Universite de Mons Hainaut, 24 Avenue du Champ de Mars, 7000 Mons, Belgium
Eur J Neurosci 22:861-70. 2005....
- Skeletal muscle low attenuation area and maximal fat oxidation rate during submaximal exercise in male obese individualsO Deriaz
CRML, CHUL, Research Center and Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:1579-84. 2001..Muscle triacylglycerols (TG) are known to be a source of energy during submaximal exercise...
- Influence of mitochondrial enzyme deficiency on adult neurogenesis in mouse models of neurodegenerative diseasesN Y Calingasan
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Neuroscience 153:986-96. 2008..Our findings support the view that mitochondrial dysfunction can influence the number of neural progenitor cells in the hippocampus of adult mice...
- Structural identification, subcellular localization and secretion of bovine adrenomedullary neuromedin C [GRP-(18-27)]S Lemaire
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Ottawa, Canada
Peptides 10:355-60. 1989..5-fold increase over the basal release of 19 fmol/5 min) from perfused bovine adrenal glands...