Genomes and Genes
Richard A Singer
Affiliation: Dalhousie University
- The FACT chromatin modulator: genetic and structure/function relationshipsRichard A Singer
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada
Biochem Cell Biol 82:419-27. 2004..Genetic studies suggest that FACT mediates nucleosome reorganization along several pathways, and reinforce the notion that protein unfolding and (or) refolding is involved in FACT activity for transcription...
- FACT, the Bur kinase pathway, and the histone co-repressor HirC have overlapping nucleosome-related roles in yeast transcription elongationJennifer R Stevens
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e25644. 2011....
- The yeast Arf GTPase-activating protein Age1 is regulated by phospholipase D for post-Golgi vesicular transportJeremy J R Benjamin
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, DalhousieUniversity, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 1X5, Canada
J Biol Chem 286:5187-96. 2011..We show by direct assessment of Age1 ArfGAP activity that Age1 is regulated by lipid composition and can provide ArfGAP function for post-Golgi transport...
- New mutant versions of yeast FACT subunit Spt16 affect cell integrityAllyson F O'Donnell
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Dalhousie University, Sir Charles Tupper Medical Building, 5850 College Street, Halifax, NS, B3H 1X5, Canada
Mol Genet Genomics 282:487-502. 2009..Thus, the FACT subunit Spt16 and Pkc1 signaling have an overlapping essential function, with an unexpected role for FACT in the maintenance of cell integrity...
- Dysregulated Arl1, a regulator of post-Golgi vesicle tethering, can inhibit endosomal transport and cell proliferation in yeastJeremy J R Benjamin
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 1X5
Mol Biol Cell 22:2337-47. 2011..Protein sequestration at the trans-Golgi membrane by dysregulated, active Arl1 may therefore be the mechanism of inhibition...
- Membrane metabolism mediated by Sec14 family members influences Arf GTPase activating protein activity for transport from the trans-GolgiTania A Wong
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada B3H 1X5
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:12777-82. 2005..Thus, ArfGAPs are subject to both temporal and spatial regulation that is facilitated by Sfh2-mediated modulation of the lipid environment...
- Domain organization of the yeast histone chaperone FACT: the conserved N-terminal domain of FACT subunit Spt16 mediates recovery from replication stressAllyson F O'Donnell
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 1X5
Nucleic Acids Res 32:5894-906. 2004..Genetic interactions suggest that some functions carried out by the Spt16 NTD may be partially redundant within FACT...
- The ArfGAP Glo3 is required for the generation of COPI vesiclesStephen M Lewis
Departments of Microbiology and Immunology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 1X5
Mol Biol Cell 15:4064-72. 2004..Finally, we present evidence supporting a role for ArfGAP protein in the generation of COPI retrograde transport vesicles...
- Activity of specific lipid-regulated ADP ribosylation factor-GTPase-activating proteins is required for Sec14p-dependent Golgi secretory function in yeastLora L Yanagisawa
Department of Cell Biology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0005, USA
Mol Biol Cell 13:2193-206. 2002....