Affiliation: Dalhousie University
- Enhanced IL-10 production in response to hepatitis C virus proteins by peripheral blood mononuclear cells from human immunodeficiency virus-monoinfected individualsLisa Barrett
Immunology and Infectious Diseases Program, Division of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University, St, John s, Canada
BMC Immunol 9:28. 2008..Therefore, we investigated in vitro cytokine responses to HCV structural and non-structural proteins in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) from uninfected, HIV-infected, HCV-infected and HIV/HCV-coinfected individuals...
- Stronger hepatitis C virus-specific CD8+ T-cell responses in HIV coinfectionL Barrett
Immunology Program, Division of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s, NL, Canada
J Viral Hepat 18:170-80. 2011..The greatest difference between HIV/HCV-coinfected and HCV-monoinfected groups was substantially stronger HCV-specific CD8+ T-cell responses in the HIV-coinfected group, which may relate to accelerated liver disease in this setting...
- Factors related to loss of HIV-specific cytotoxic T lymphocyte activityJane Gamberg
Immunology Program, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland, 300 Prince Philip Drive, St John s, Newfoundland, Canada A1B 3V6
AIDS 18:597-604. 2004..To identify factors associated with loss of in vitro stimulated anti-HIV cytotoxic T lymphocyte (CTL) activity...
- Circulating CD14-CD36+ peripheral blood mononuclear cells constitutively produce interleukin-10Lisa Barrett
Immunology Program, Division of Basic Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s, Newfoundland, Canada
J Leukoc Biol 82:152-60. 2007..Healthy individuals have PBMC constitutively producing IL-10. Although the lineage of these cells remains unclear, their properties and frequency suggest a potential role in homeostatic or innate immune suppression...
- Responses to pandemic ASO3-adjuvanted A/California/07/09 H1N1 influenza vaccine in human immunodeficiency virus-infected individualsDeborah Kelly
School of Pharmacy, Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador, NL, St John s, Canada
BMC Immunol 13:49. 2012....
- Protective genotypes in HIV infection reflect superior function of KIR3DS1+ over KIR3DL1+ CD8+ T cellsKatrin Zipperlen
Division of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Immunol Cell Biol 93:67-76. 2015..KIR3DS1-expressing T cells responded normally to ex vivo antigenic stimulation, illustrating functional superiority over KIR3DL1(+) CD8(+) T cells. ..
- Immune reconstitution and viral stimulation are required to restore HIV-specific CD8 T cell responses following advanced infectionJane Gamberg
Immunology Program, Faculty of Medicine, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s, Newfoundland, Canada
J Clin Immunol 24:115-24. 2004..However, the transient nature of these responses suggests failure to generate stable long-lived memory cells in the absence of HIV-specific helper T cell responses...