Gilles R Dagenais
- Prognostic impact of the presence and absence of angina on mortality and cardiovascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes and stable coronary artery disease: results from the BARI 2D (Bypass Angioplasty Revascularization Investigation 2 Diabetes) Gilles R Dagenais
Quebec Heart and Lung University Institute, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
J Am Coll Cardiol 61:702-11. 2013....
- Effects of optimal medical treatment with or without coronary revascularization on angina and subsequent revascularizations in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and stable ischemic heart diseaseGilles R Dagenais
Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de Quebec, Quebec, QC, Canada
Circulation 123:1492-500. 2011..In the same population, we tested whether the REV strategy was superior to the MED strategy in preventing worsening and new angina and subsequent coronary revascularizations...
- Effort-reward imbalance at work and recurrent coronary heart disease events: a 4-year prospective study of post-myocardial infarction patientsCorine Aboa-Eboulé
Centre de recherche du CHA, Unité de recherche en santé des populations, Quebec City, Canada
Psychosom Med 73:436-47. 2011..The objective of this study was to determine whether ERI at work and its components (effort and reward) increase the risk of recurrent CHD in post-myocardial infarction (post-MI) workers...
- Fluctuating inflammatory markers in patients with stable ischemic heart diseasePeter Bogaty
Quebec Heart Institute, Laval Hospital, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Arch Intern Med 165:221-6. 2005..However, little is known about how inflammatory markers fluctuate over time in patients with stable ischemic heart disease...
- Job strain and risk of acute recurrent coronary heart disease eventsCorine Aboa-Eboulé
Unité de recherche en santé des populations, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
JAMA 298:1652-60. 2007..There is evidence that job strain increases the risk of a first coronary heart disease (CHD) event. However, little is known about its association with the risk of recurrent CHD events after a first myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Effort-reward imbalance at work and psychological distress: a validation study of post-myocardial infarction patientsCorine Aboa-Eboulé
Unité de recherche en santé des populations, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Quebec City, Canada
Psychosom Med 73:448-55. 2011....
- Effects of exogenous metabolic substrate modulation on exercise-induced myocardial ischemiaPeter Bogaty
Quebec Heart Institute Laval Hospital, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Am Heart J 156:790-6. 2008..The aim of the study is to compare the impact of intravenous glucose versus lipid versus saline on exercise-induced myocardial ischemia in patients with stable angina...
- Clinical utility of C-reactive protein measured at admission, hospital discharge, and 1 month later to predict outcome in patients with acute coronary disease. The RISCA (recurrence and inflammation in the acute coronary syndromes) studyPeter Bogaty
Quebec Heart Institute Laval Hospital, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:2339-46. 2008....
- Apolipoprotein-B, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, and the long-term risk of coronary heart disease in menAnnie C St-Pierre
Institute on Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Am J Cardiol 97:997-1001. 2006..04). In conclusion, plasma apo-B levels modulated the risk of CHD associated with LDL cholesterol over a 13-year follow-up...
- Low-density lipoprotein subfractions and the long-term risk of ischemic heart disease in men: 13-year follow-up data from the Québec Cardiovascular StudyAnnie C St-Pierre
Institute on Nutraceuticals and Fonctionnal Foods, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:553-9. 2005..The objective of the present study was to investigate the association between large and small low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and long-term ischemic heart disease (IHD) risk in men of the Quebec Cardiovascular Study...
- Impact of prolonged cyclooxygenase-2 inhibition on inflammatory markers and endothelial function in patients with ischemic heart disease and raised C-reactive protein: a randomized placebo-controlled studyPeter Bogaty
Quebec Heart Institute Laval Hospital, Laval University, 2725 Chemin Ste Foy, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G5
Circulation 110:934-9. 2004..We investigated the effect of prolonged COX-2 inhibition on inflammatory profile and endothelial function in patients with ischemic heart disease and high serum C-reactive protein (CRP) values...
- Moderate alcohol consumption is more cardioprotective in men with the metabolic syndromeIris Gigleux
Institute on Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods Quebec City, QC, Canada
J Nutr 136:3027-32. 2006..22). These results confirm that moderate daily alcohol consumption has cardioprotective properties and suggest that the effects may be more important in subjects with a deteriorated risk profile, such as those with the metabolic syndrome...
- Concordance/discordance between plasma apolipoprotein B levels and the cholesterol indexes of atherosclerotic riskAllan D Sniderman
Mike Rosenbloom Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Cardiol 91:1173-7. 2003....
- Effects of job strain on blood pressure: a prospective study of male and female white-collar workersChantal Guimont
Unité de recherche en santé des populations, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Am J Public Health 96:1436-43. 2006..We evaluated whether cumulative exposure to job strain increases blood pressure...
- Prognostic impact of body weight and abdominal obesity in women and men with cardiovascular diseaseGilles R Dagenais
Department of Cardiology, Laval University Heart and Lung Institute, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Am Heart J 149:54-60. 2005..Increased body mass index (BMI) and abdominal adiposity increase the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) in persons free of these diseases, but their independent prognostic impact in persons with CVD has not been well defined...
- Different thresholds of myocardial ischemia in ramp and standard bruce protocol exercise tests in patients with positive exercise stress tests and angiographically demonstrated coronary arterial narrowingMartin Noel
Quebec Heart Institute Laval Hospital, Laval Sainte University Foy, Quebec, Canada
Am J Cardiol 99:921-4. 2007..This effect is unexplained by energy expenditure (VO2) or myocardial work (RPP) and is consistent with a "warm-up" ischemic mechanism...
- Increased occurrence of diabetes in people with ischemic cardiovascular disease and general and abdominal obesityGilles R Dagenais
Laval University Heart and Lung Institute, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Can J Cardiol 19:1387-91. 2003..Such a relationship has not been assessed in patients with ICVD who may have a different occurrence due to their disease and medications...
- Time variability of C-reactive protein: implications for clinical risk stratificationPeter Bogaty
Quebec Heart and Lung Institute, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e60759. 2013..We sought to determine the stability of serial CRP measurements in stable subjects with distinct CAD manifestations and a group without CAD while carefully controlling for known confounders...
- Impact of ramipril on the circadian periodicity of acute myocardial infarctionGilles R Dagenais
University Heart and Lung Institute, Laval Hospital, and the Department of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Am J Cardiol 98:758-60. 2006..In conclusion, inhibiting angiotensin-converting enzyme decreased AMI over a 24-hour period, but this enzyme does not seem to play a major role in the circadian periodicity of this acute event...
- Association of fibrinogen and lipoprotein(a) as a coronary heart disease risk factor in men (The Quebec Cardiovascular Study)Bernard Cantin
Quebec Heart Institute, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Am J Cardiol 89:662-6. 2002..5; 95% CI 1.2 to 5.1; p = 0.0132). In this population, high fibrinogen levels associated with high Lp(a) levels significantly increased the risk of CHD...
- Comparison of plaque sealing with paclitaxel-eluting stents versus medical therapy for the treatment of moderate nonsignificant saphenous vein graft lesions: the moderate vein graft lesion stenting with the taxus stent and intravascular ultrasound (VELETIJosep Rodes-Cabau
Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de Quebec, 2725, Chemin Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada
Circulation 120:1978-86. 2009..We determined the effects of sealing moderate nonsignificant SVG lesions with paclitaxel-eluting stents (PES) on the prevention of SVG atherosclerosis progression...
- Comparison of prognosis for men with type 2 diabetes mellitus and men with cardiovascular diseaseGilles R Dagenais
Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et Pneumologie, Montreal, Que
CMAJ 180:40-7. 2009..We compared cardiovascular mortality between incident cases of diabetes and cardiovascular disease...
- What induces the warm-up ischemia/angina phenomenon: exercise or myocardial ischemia?Peter Bogaty
Quebec Heart Institute Laval Hospital, 2725 Chemin Ste Foy, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G5
Circulation 107:1858-63. 2003....
- Impact of cigarette smoking in high-risk patients participating in a clinical trial. A substudy from the Heart Outcomes Prevention Evaluation (HOPE) trialGilles R Dagenais
Laval University Heart and Lung Institute, Ste Foy, Quebec G1V 4G5, Canada
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 12:75-81. 2005..In recent large cardiovascular trials done in stable patients, 14-31% of the participants were smokers; the consequences of smoking in these trials using medications known to reduce cardiovascular events, have not been assessed...
- Angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitors in stable vascular disease without left ventricular systolic dysfunction or heart failure: a combined analysis of three trialsGilles R Dagenais
The Laval University Heart and Lung Institute, Laval Hospital, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G5
Lancet 368:581-8. 2006....
- Psychologic distress in postmyocardial infarction patients who have returned to workChantal Brisson
Unité de recherche en santé des populations, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Hôpital Saint Sacrement, 1050 Chemin Sainte Foy, Quebec, Quebec, Canada G1S 4L8
Psychosom Med 67:59-63. 2005..To assess the prevalence of psychologic distress in women and men returning to work after a myocardial infarction (MI) and to compare this prevalence with the prevalence observed among men and women of the general working population...
- Effect of atorvastatin on exercise-induced myocardial ischemia in patients with stable angina pectorisPeter Bogaty
Quebec Heart Institute, Laval Hospital, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Am J Cardiol 92:1192-5. 2003..Endothelial function improved progressively and C-reactive protein, P-selectin, and tissue plasminogen activator inhibitor levels decreased, but there was no decrease in exercise electrocardiographic ischemia...
- A multivariate model for predicting mortality in patients with heart failure and systolic dysfunctionJames M Brophy
Division of Cardiology and Clinical Epidemiology, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Med 116:300-4. 2004..Heart failure is a leading cause of morbidity and mortality, but there are no reliable models based on readily available clinical variables to predict outcomes in patients taking angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors...
- Plasma free fatty acid levels and the risk of ischemic heart disease in men: prospective results from the Québec Cardiovascular StudyMatteo Pirro
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Lipid Research Center, R 9600 CHUL Research Center, 2705 Laurier Boulevard, Ste Foy, G1V 4G2, Quebec, Canada
Atherosclerosis 160:377-84. 2002..However, a single fasting measurement of plasma FFA levels does not appear to improve our ability to predict IHD onset in men when information on other risk factors is considered...
- Rationale, design and baseline characteristics of a randomized controlled trial of a web-based computer-tailored physical activity intervention for adults from Quebec CityFrancois Boudreau
Département des sciences infirmières, Universite du Quebec a Trois Rivieres, 3351, boul des Forges, P O Box 500, Trois Rivieres, QC, G9A 5H7, Canada
BMC Public Health 15:1038. 2015..To describe the rationale, design and content of a web-based computer-tailored PA intervention for Canadian adults enrolled in a randomized controlled trial (RCT)...
- Challenges for the Canadian Cardiovascular Society in the 1990sGilles R Dagenais
Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et Pneumologie, Hopital Laval, Quebec, Canada
Can J Cardiol 23:913-4. 2007
- Effect of plasma C-reactive protein levels in modulating the risk of coronary heart disease associated with small, dense, low-density lipoproteins in men (The Quebec Cardiovascular Study)Annie C St-Pierre
Institute on Nutraceuticals and Fonctionnal Foods, Laval University, Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada
Am J Cardiol 91:555-8. 2003..6 vs 3.0). Thus, increased plasma CRP levels further elevate the risk of CHD associated with having small, dense LDL particles...