S Elizabeth McGregor
Affiliation: Cross Cancer Institute
- Prevalence of PSA testing and effect of clinical indications on patterns of PSA testing in a population-based sample of Alberta menS Elizabeth McGregor
Division of Epidemiology, Prevention Screening, Alberta Cancer Board, 1331 29th Street NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N2
Chronic Dis Can 23:111-9. 2002..PSA testing patterns in this population-based sample were consistent with Alberta clinical practice guidelines...
- What implementation interventions increase cancer screening rates? a systematic reviewMelissa C Brouwers
Program in Evidence based Care, Cancer Care Ontario, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Implement Sci 6:111. 2011..Our primary outcome, screening completion, was calculated as the overall median post-intervention absolute percentage point (PP) change in completed screening tests...
- Predictors of colorectal cancer screening: a comparison of men and womenS Elizabeth McGregor
Alberta Cancer Board, Calgary, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 19:343-9. 2005..The present study examined the self-reported prevalence of colorectal cancer testing and sex-specific predictors of having had a fecal occult blood (FOB) test for screening, among a cohort of Alberta residents aged 50 to 69 years...
- Colorectal cancer screening: practices and opinions of primary care physiciansS Elizabeth McGregor
Division of Population Health and Information, Alberta Cancer Board, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N2
Prev Med 39:279-85. 2004....
- Low uptake of colorectal cancer screening 3 yr after release of national recommendations for screeningS Elizabeth McGregor
Division of Population Health and Information, Alberta Cancer Board, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Am J Gastroenterol 102:1727-35. 2007..National guidelines recommending colorectal cancer (CRC) screening for average risk Canadians were released in 2001. The current study determined rates of CRC screening and predictors of screening 3 yr after the guidelines were released...
- Nonmedical costs of colorectal cancer screening with the fecal occult blood test and colonoscopySteven J Heitman
Department of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:912-917.e1. 2008..The nonmedical costs of colorectal cancer screening are unknown. However, they might influence screening uptake and impact the cost-effectiveness of colorectal cancer screening modalities...
- Defining Benchmarks for Adenoma Detection Rate and Adenomas Per Colonoscopy in Patients Undergoing Colonoscopy Due to a Positive Fecal Immunochemical TestRobert J Hilsden
Department of Medicine, Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Am J Gastroenterol 111:1743-1749. 2016..The purpose of this study was to propose methods for establishing a benchmark ADR and APC for FIT+ patients...
- The association of colonoscopy quality indicators with the detection of screen-relevant lesions, adverse events, and postcolonoscopy cancers in an asymptomatic Canadian colorectal cancer screening populationRobert J Hilsden
Department of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Gastrointest Endosc 82:887-94. 2015..Although several quality indicators of colonoscopy have been defined, quality assurance activities should be directed at the measurement of quality indicators that are predictive of key screening colonoscopy outcomes...
- Case-control study of anthropometric measures and prostate cancer riskChristine M Friedenreich
Division of Population Health and Information, Alberta Cancer Board, Calgary, Canada
Int J Cancer 110:278-83. 2004..89 (0.69-1.16). Our study provides evidence for no association between any measures of anthropometry including several derived measures of changes in weight over lifetime and prostate cancer risk...
- Physical Activity and Survival After Prostate CancerChristine M Friedenreich
Department of Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention Research, CancerControl Alberta, Alberta Health Services, Calgary, Alberta, Canada Department of Oncology, Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada Department of Community Health Sciences, Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada Electronic address
Eur Urol 70:576-585. 2016..Despite the high global prevalence of prostate cancer (PCa), few epidemiologic studies have assessed physical activity in relation to PCa survival...
- Alberta's Tomorrow Project: adherence to cancer prevention recommendations pertaining to diet, physical activity and body sizeHeather K Whelan
1Alberta s Tomorrow Project, CancerControl Alberta, Alberta Health Services, Richmond Road Diagnostic and Treatment Centre, 1820 Richmond Road SW, Calgary, AB, Canada, T2T 5C7
Public Health Nutr . 2017..To explore cross-sectional adherence to cancer prevention recommendations by adults enrolled in a prospective cohort in Alberta, Canada...
- Exploring statistical approaches to diminish subjectivity of cluster analysis to derive dietary patterns: The Tomorrow ProjectGeraldine Lo Siou
Department of Population Health Research, Alberta Health Services Cancer Care, c o Holy Cross Site, Box ACB, 2210 2nd Street SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2S 3C3
Am J Epidemiol 173:956-67. 2011..The authors' approach appeared helpful when choosing the clustering method for both sexes and the optimal number of clusters for men, but additional analyses are required to understand why it performed differently for women...
- A validated metabolomic signature for colorectal cancer: exploration of the clinical value of metabolomicsFarshad Farshidfar
Department of Surgery, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Br J Cancer 115:848-57. 2016..Our aim was to construct a blood-based biomarker series using a single assay, suitable for CRC detection, prognostication and staging...
- Case-control study of lifetime alcohol intake and prostate cancer riskS Elizabeth McGregor
Department of Population Health Research, Alberta Health Services Cancer Care, Box ACB, 2210 2nd St SW, Calgary, AB T2S 3C3, Canada
Cancer Causes Control 24:451-61. 2013..Furthermore, the effect of tumor stage and severity of disease on the association between alcohol and prostate cancer risk has not been fully investigated...
- Development and implementation of a comprehensive quality assurance program at a community endoscopy facilityRobert Jay Hilsden
Forzani and MacPhail Colon Cancer Screening Centre, Alberta Health Services, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 25:547-54. 2011..QA activities include monitoring the patient experience through surveys, creating endoscopist report cards on colonoscopy performance, tracking and evaluating adverse events and monitoring wait times...
- Perception versus reality: overcoming barriers to colorectal cancer screeningHeather Bryant
Cancer Control, Canadian Partnership Against Cancer, 1 University Ave, Suite 300, Toronto ON M5J 2P6
Can Fam Physician 54:495-7. 2008
- Validation of self-reported history of colorectal cancer screeningShariq Khoja
Department of Community Health Sciences at the Aga Khan University in Karachi, Pakistan
Can Fam Physician 53:1192-7. 2007....