- Assessing nurse-patient interactions from a caring perspective: report of the development and preliminary psychometric testing of the Caring Nurse--Patient Interactions ScaleSylvie Cossette
The Faculty of Nursing, University of Montreal, CP 6128, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Que, Canada H3C 3J7
Int J Nurs Stud 42:673-86. 2005..Results of the contrasted group approach partially supported the hypotheses while all differences were in the expected direction. Results suggest that the scale has strong potential for use in research, clinical and educational settings...
- [A pre assessment for nursing intervention to support tobacco cessation in patients hospitalized for cardiac problems: a pilot study (So-Live)]Sylvie Cossette
Institut de cardiologie de Montréal et Faculté des sciences infirmières de l Université de Montréal
Rech Soins Infirm . 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of a smoking cessation intervention provided after discharge from a specialized cardiac hospital...
- The impact of an emergency department nursing intervention on continuity of care, self-care capacities and psychological symptoms: secondary outcomes of a randomized controlled trialSylvie Cossette
Faculty of Nursing, University of Montreal, Montreal Heart Institute Research Center, Canada Electronic address
Int J Nurs Stud 52:666-76. 2015..However, the literature on emergency room revisits suggests patient difficulties with managing their health problems and treatments after discharge may play a role...
- A pilot randomized trial of a smoking cessation nursing intervention in cardiac patients after hospital dischargeSylvie Cossette
Montreal Heart Institute Research Centre, R 2231, 5000, Bélanger Est, Montreal, QC H1T 1C8
Can J Cardiovasc Nurs 22:16-26. 2012..It was hypothesized that offering a post-discharge smoking cessation program to cardiac patients would decrease smoking rates at six months...
- Randomized controlled trial of tailored nursing interventions to improve cardiac rehabilitation enrollmentSylvie Cossette
University of Montreal, Canada
Nurs Res 61:111-20. 2012..After discharge, cardiac rehabilitation can decrease the recurrence of coronary events by up to 25%. However, it remains underused...
- A dimensional structure of nurse-patient interactions from a caring perspective: refinement of the Caring Nurse-Patient Interaction Scale (CNPI-Short Scale)Sylvie Cossette
Faculty of Nursing, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Adv Nurs 55:198-214. 2006..This paper reports the development of a short version of the Caring Nurse-Patient Interaction Scale...
- The multidimensionality of caring: a confirmatory factor analysis of the Caring Nurse-Patient Interaction Short ScaleSylvie Cossette
Faculty of Nursing, University of Montreal and Montreal Heart Institute Research Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Cananda
J Adv Nurs 61:699-710. 2008..This paper is a report of a study to evaluate the construct validity of the four-dimensional Caring Nurse-Patient Interaction-Short Scale using confirmatory factor analysis...
- The systematic development of a nursing intervention aimed at increasing enrollment in cardiac rehabilitation for acute coronary syndrome patientsSylvie Cossette
Montreal Heart Institute Research Centre, 5000 Belanger Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Prog Cardiovasc Nurs 24:71-9. 2009..The intervention aims to increase enrollment in CR, and enhance illness perceptions and medication adherence, while decreasing anxiety, risk factors, and emergency revisits...
- The efficacy of a motivational nursing intervention based on the stages of change on self-care in heart failure patientsVeronique Paradis
University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Cardiovasc Nurs 25:130-41. 2010..The goal of this pilot study was to evaluate the preliminary effect of an MISC intervention on HF patients' self-care behaviors...
- Randomized controlled trial of a nursing intervention to reduce emergency department revisitsSylvie Cossette
Faculty of Nursing, University of Montreal, andMontreal Heart Institute Research Center
CJEM 17:13-20. 2015..To determine whether a nursing intervention delivered at emergency department (ED) discharge would reduce ED revisits...
- Feasibility and acceptability of a nursing intervention with family caregiver on self-care among heart failure patients: a randomized pilot trialSylvie Cossette
Faculty of Nursing, University of Montreal, Montreal Heart Institute Research Center S 2510, 5000 Belanger Street, Montreal, Quebec H1T 1C8 Canada
Pilot Feasibility Stud 2:34. 2016..The aim was to assess the feasibility, acceptability, and potential effectiveness of a nursing intervention with family caregivers, aimed at improving self-care practice of HF patients...
- Evaluation of a nurse mentoring intervention to family caregivers in the management of delirium after cardiac surgery (MENTOR_D): a study protocol for a randomized controlled pilot trialTanya Mailhot
Faculty of Nursing, University of Montreal, C, P, 6128 succ, Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7, Canada
Trials 15:306. 2014..It also explores the validity of a new and innovative measure that has potential as an indicator for delirium...
- Evaluation of a Web-Based E-Learning Platform for Brief Motivational Interviewing by Nurses in Cardiovascular Care: A Pilot StudyGuillaume Fontaine
Montreal Heart Institute Research Center, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Med Internet Res 18:e224. 2016..While the provision of face-to-face brief MI training on a large scale is complicated, Web-based e-learning is promising because of the flexibility it offers...
- Cerebral oximetry as a biomarker of postoperative delirium in cardiac surgery patientsTanya Mailhot
Montreal Heart Institute Research Center S 2490, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H1T 1C8 Faculty of Nursing, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1A8 Electronic address
J Crit Care 34:17-23. 2016..We assessed the relationship between oximetry and delirium. We hypothesized that as cerebral oximetry values increased, delirium would resorb...
- Near-infrared Spectroscopy Monitoring During Cardiac Arrest: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysisAlexis Cournoyer
Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec
Acad Emerg Med 23:851-62. 2016....
- Testing nursing students' clinical judgment in a patient deterioration simulation scenario: Development of a situation awareness instrumentPatrick Lavoie
Faculte des sciences infirmieres, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, Succ Centre Ville, Montreal, QC H3C 3J7, Canada Electronic address
Nurse Educ Today 38:61-7. 2016..Situation awareness may be used to operationalize nursing students' clinical judgment of patient deterioration simulation scenarios...
- The importance of piloting an RCT interventionNancy Feeley
Centre for Nursing Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, School of Nursing, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Can J Nurs Res 41:85-99. 2009....
- The impact of a multidisciplinary information technology-supported program on blood pressure control in primary careStephane Rinfret
Centre de recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2:170-7. 2009..Effective programs to address this problem are lacking. We hypothesized that an information technology-supported management program could help improve blood pressure (BP) control...
- Evaluation of a Web-based tailored intervention (TAVIE en santé) to support people living with HIV in the adoption of health promoting behaviours: an online randomized controlled trial protocolJosé Côté
Research Centre of the Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, 900 Saint Denis Street, Montreal, H2X 0A9, QC, Canada
BMC Public Health 15:1042. 2015..The aim of this study is to evaluate the effectiveness of TAVIE en santé in order to support people living with HIV in the adoption of health promoting behaviours...
- Development of a post-simulation debriefing intervention to prepare nurses and nursing students to care for deteriorating patientsPatrick Lavoie
Faculty of Nursing, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, Succ Centre Ville, Montreal, QC, H3C 3J7, Canada Center for Innovation in Nursing Education CIFI, Faculty of Nursing, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, Succ Centre Ville, Montreal, QC, H3C 3J7, Canada Quebec Nursing Intervention Research Network RRISIQ, Faculty of Nursing, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, Succ Centre Ville, Montreal, QC, H3C 3J7, Canada Electronic address
Nurse Educ Pract 15:181-91. 2015..The resulting educational intervention, REsPoND, consists in a reflective debriefing after a patient deterioration simulation. It will be tested in an upcoming mixed methods study. ..
- Nursing approaches to reducing psychological distress in men and women recovering from myocardial infarctionSylvie Cossette
Faculty of Nursing, University of Montreal, Canada
Int J Nurs Stud 39:479-94. 2002..There were also gender differences in the way directive and collaborative intervention approaches were related to changes in distress...
- GRISIM: a partnership in nursing researchSylvie Cossette
Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont) 20:17-25. 2007
- [The Interuniversity Research Group in Nursing Sciences of Montreal: a added value for the advancement of scientific and clinical knowledge]Sylvie Cossette
Faculté des sciences infirmières de l Université de Montréal
Perspect Infirm 4:21-5. 2007