Patricia J Conrod
- Effectiveness of a selective, personality-targeted prevention program for adolescent alcohol use and misuse: a cluster randomized controlled trialPatricia J Conrod
Department of Psychiatry, Universite de Montreal, Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire Ste Justine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
JAMA Psychiatry 70:334-42. 2013..Selective school-based alcohol prevention programs targeting youth with personality risk factors for addiction and mental health problems have been found to reduce substance use and misuse in those with elevated personality profiles...
- The CAP study, evaluation of integrated universal and selective prevention strategies for youth alcohol misuse: study protocol of a cluster randomized controlled trialNicola C Newton
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, 22 32 King Street, Randwick, NSW, 2052, Australia
BMC Psychiatry 12:118. 2012..This article describes the development and protocol of the CAP study which aims to prevent alcohol misuse and related harms in Australian adolescents...
- Personality, Attentional Biases towards Emotional Faces and Symptoms of Mental Disorders in an Adolescent SampleMaeve O'Leary-Barrett
Department of Psychology McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 10:e0128271. 2015..To investigate the role of personality factors and attentional biases towards emotional faces, in establishing concurrent and prospective risk for mental disorder diagnosis in adolescence...
- [SURPS French version validation in a Quebec adolescent population]Laura Castonguay-Jolin
Etudiante, Universite de Sherbrooke, Campus Longueuil, Quebec, affiliée au centre de recherche du CHU Sainte Justine, Montreal, Quebec
Can J Psychiatry 58:538-45. 2013..This study aims to validate this scale in a sample of French-speaking adolescents from Quebec as well as its sensitivity in a clinical sample of adolescents...
- Substance-use in Childhood and Adolescence: A Brief Overview of Developmental Processes and their Clinical ImplicationsNatalie Castellanos-Ryan
Centre de recherche du CHU Ste Justine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec
J Can Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 22:41-6. 2013..The current paper aims to review findings from developmental research that are related to adolescent substance-use and are considered key for improving theory and developing effective prevention...
- Can cannabis use be prevented by targeting personality risk in schools? Twenty-four-month outcome of the adventure trial on cannabis use: a cluster-randomized controlled trialIoan T Mahu
Universite de Montreal, Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire Ste Justine, Department of Psychiatry, Montreal, Canada
Addiction 110:1625-33. 2015..To examine the effectiveness of a personality-targeted intervention program (Adventure trial) delivered by trained teachers to high-risk (HR) high-school students on reducing marijuana use and frequency of use...
- A phenotypic structure and neural correlates of compulsive behaviors in adolescentsChantale Montigny
Department of Psychiatry, Universite de Montreal, CHU Ste Justine Hospital, Montreal, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e80151. 2013..The objective was to examine the validity of this compulsivity spectrum, and differentiate it from an externalizing behaviors dimension, but also to look at hypothesized personality and neural correlates...
- Personality correlates of the common and unique variance across conduct disorder and substance misuse symptoms in adolescenceNatalie Castellanos-Ryan
Centre de recherche du CHU Ste Justine, Universite de Montreal, 3175 Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, Canada
J Abnorm Child Psychol 39:563-76. 2011..Results confirm impulsivity, hopelessness and sensation seeking as key correlates of externalising behaviour problems in adolescence, identifying them as clear targets for intervention and prevention strategies...