Maud Christine Chouinard
- The effectiveness of a nursing inpatient smoking cessation program in individuals with cardiovascular diseaseMaud Christine Chouinard
Module des sciences infirmières et de la santé, Universite du Quebec a Chicoutimi, Quebec, Canada
Nurs Res 54:243-54. 2005..Yet, less than 30% of CVD patients stop smoking. Relapse-prevention strategies seem most effective when initiated during the exacerbation of the disease...
- Effectiveness of case management interventions for frequent users of healthcare services: a scoping reviewCatherine Hudon
Département de médecine de famille et de médecine d urgence, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
BMJ Open 6:e012353. 2016..Case management (CM) is the most frequently performed intervention to reduce healthcare use and cost. This study aimed to examine the evidence of the effectiveness of CM interventions for frequent users of healthcare services...
- The Chronic Disease Self-Management Program: the experience of frequent users of health care services and peer leadersCatherine Hudon
Département de médecine de famille et de médecine d urgence, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec
Fam Pract 33:167-71. 2016..However, many studies have suggested further exploring of the factors influencing acceptance and completion of participants in this program...
- Prevalence of lifestyle risk factors in myotonic dystrophy type 1Cynthia Gagnon
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universite de Sherbrooke, Groupe de recherche interdisciplinaire sur les maladies neuromusculaires GRIMN, Neuromuscular Clinic, Centre de santé et de services sociaux de Jonquière, Quebec, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 40:42-7. 2013..The objectives are: 1) To determine the prevalence of risk factors among individuals with DM1; 2) To compare the prevalence among classic and mild phenotypes...
- Validation of a French-language version of the health education impact Questionnaire (heiQ) among chronic disease patients seen in primary care: a cross-sectional studyAnne Bélanger
Registered nurse and graduate student, Department of Health Sciences, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi UQAC, Quebec, Canada
Health Qual Life Outcomes 13:64. 2015..This study describes the process for the cross-cultural adaptation and validation of the heiQ into French (heiQ-Fv)...
- Predictive value of the transtheoretical model to smoking cessation in hospitalized patients with cardiovascular diseaseMaud Christine Chouinard
Nursing and Health Department, University of Quebec at Chicoutimi, Chicoutimi, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 14:51-8. 2007....
- How to report professional practice in nursing? A scoping reviewMarie Eve Poitras
Faculte de Medecine et des Sciences de la Sante, Universite de Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
BMC Nurs 15:31. 2016..Currently, there is no consensus on a common structure for these descriptions. Understanding and comparing similar practices is made difficult by the varying nature of descriptions provided in scientific literature...
- Partners for the optimal organisation of the healthcare continuum for high users of health and social services: protocol of a developmental evaluation case study designCatherine Hudon
Department of Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
BMJ Open 4:e006991. 2014....
- [Analysis of the nursing role in the care of patients with neuromuscular disorders]Cynthia Gagnon
Faculté de médecine et des sciences de la santé de l Université de Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Can J Neurosci Nurs 32:22-9. 2010..The present evaluation process was geared toward defining nursing role in relation to systematic follow-up of neuromuscular disorders and to assess its theoretical background...
- Individual predictors of frequent emergency department use: a scoping reviewCynthia Krieg
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universite de Sherbrooke, 1500 James Quintin, app 3001, Sherbrooke, Quebec, J1E 0E5, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 16:594. 2016..We aimed to identify the predictive factors of short-term frequent use of ED (over a 1-year period) and chronic frequent use of ED (over a multiple-year period) and to highlight recurring characteristics in patients...
- Primary care nursing activities with patients affected by physical chronic disease and common mental disorders: A qualitative descriptive studyAriane Girard
Département des Sciences de la Santé, Universite du Quebec a Chicoutimi, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Nurs . 2016..To describe nursing activities in primary care with patients affected by physical CD and CMDs...
- Case Management in Primary Care for Frequent Users of Health Care Services With Chronic Diseases: A Qualitative Study of Patient and Family ExperienceCatherine Hudon
Département de médecine de famille et médecine d urgence, Universite de Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Ann Fam Med 13:523-8. 2015..This study aimed to examine the experience of patients and their family members with care integration as part of a primary care CM intervention. Patients in the study were frequent users of health care services who had chronic diseases...
- Evaluating the integration of chronic disease prevention and management services into primary health careMartin Fortin
Département de Médecine de Famille, Universite de Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 13:132. 2013..The objective of this study is to evaluate the adaptation and implementation of an intervention involving the integration of chronic disease prevention and management (CDPM) services into primary health care...
- [Evaluation by users of a clinical nursing intervention in cardiovascular disease prevention]Maud Christine Chouinard
Universite du Quebec a Chicoutimi, 555 boul de l Université, Chicoutimi, Quebec G7H 2B1
Can J Cardiovasc Nurs 14:33-41. 2004