Sean A Kidd
Affiliation: Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Severe Mental Illness in LGBT Populations: A Scoping ReviewSean A Kidd
The authors are with the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada e mail Dr Kidd is also with the Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Psychiatr Serv 67:779-83. 2016..The aim of this review was to map out the existing base of knowledge in these areas to help inform future research, practice, and policy directions...
- Cognitive remediation for individuals with psychosis in a supported education setting: a randomized controlled trialSean A Kidd
University of Toronto Department of Psychiatry, Toronto Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 1001 Queen St W, Toronto, Ontario M6J 1H1Canada Electronic address
Schizophr Res 157:90-8. 2014..Further research, investigating specific intervention components is required to clarify the mixed findings regarding the effectiveness of CR in an education setting. ..
- Testing a modification of cognitive adaptation training: streamlining the model for broader implementationSean A Kidd
University of Toronto, Department of Psychiatry, Canada Electronic address
Schizophr Res 156:46-50. 2014..This suggests that an intervention that has previously demonstrated good functional outcomes in randomized trials might sustain its impacts in an abbreviated format with support from existing case managers. ..
- Cognitive remediation for individuals with psychosis in a supported education setting: a pilot studySean A Kidd
Schizophrenia Program, Psychology Service Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, 250 College Street, Suite 738, Toronto, ON, Canada M5T 1R8
Rehabil Res Pract 2012:715176. 2012..The findings indicated that CR aligned well with the academic curriculum with very low attrition, was found useful by students, and showed similar pre-post differences on cognitive measures as those found in previous work...
- Brief report: youth pathways out of homelessness - preliminary findingsSean A Kidd
Toronto Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 1001 Queen St W, Unit 2 1, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6J 1H1 Electronic address
J Adolesc 36:1035-7. 2013..These findings suggest the need for ongoing support for youth exiting street spaces and social contexts, with attention to the importance of self-concept and psychological aspects of community integration. ..
- The levels and patterns of resilience among male street children in Dhaka CityAmir M Sayem
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Schizophrenia Program, 001 Queen St W, Unit 2 1, 161, Toronto, Ontario M6J 1H1, Canada
Int J Adolesc Med Health 25:39-45. 2013....
- Moving the mental health equity dialogue forward: the promise of a social entrepreneur frameworkSean A Kidd
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Adm Policy Ment Health 40:55-7. 2013..The example of the Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture is provided to illustrate the points made...
- From social experience to illness experience: reviewing the psychological mechanisms linking psychosis with social contextSean A Kidd
Independent Clinician Scientist and Head, Psychology Service, Schizophrenia Program, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 58:52-8. 2013..Despite these issues, this line of inquiry is very promising as part of the larger movement toward an integrative model of psychosis that is able to account for the complex interactions of social, biological, and psychological risks...
- Invited commentary: seeking a coherent strategy in our response to homeless and street-involved youth: a historical review and suggested future directionsSean Kidd
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Youth Adolesc 41:533-43. 2012....
- Recovery-oriented service provision and clinical outcomes in assertive community treatmentSean A Kidd
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Psychiatr Rehabil J 34:194-201. 2011..The present study was designed to examine the relationship between recovery-orientation of service provision for persons with severe mental illnesses and outcomes in Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)...
- Fidelity and recovery-orientation in assertive community treatmentSean A Kidd
McMaster Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, St Joseph s Healthcare, Centre for Mountain Health Services, J Wing, 100 West 5th St, Hamilton, ON, L8N 3K7, Canada
Community Ment Health J 46:342-50. 2010..These findings extend the existing dialogue regarding the evaluation of ACT intervention process factors and indicate that current measures of fidelity may not be adequately addressing dimensions of recovery-oriented service provision...
- The Tobacco Addiction Recovery Program: initial outcome findingsMary Griffiths
St Joseph s Healthcare, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Arch Psychiatr Nurs 24:239-46. 2010..These preliminary findings indicate that the Tobacco Addiction Recovery Program intervention is an effective, recovery-oriented intervention for tobacco addiction...
- The welcome basket revisited: Testing the feasibility of a brief peer support intervention to facilitate transition from hospital to communitySean A Kidd
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto
Psychiatr Rehabil J 39:335-342. 2016..The examination of such transitional interventions is important given the suboptimal outcomes for many individuals with severe mental illness at discharge, particularly in the first month...
- Youth homelessness: a call for partnerships between research and policySean A Kidd
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON
Can J Public Health 97:445-7. 2006..This article discusses the compelling need for researchers and policy-makers to make efforts to work collaboratively to develop improved social policy informed by research findings...
- Mental health reform at a systems level: widening the lens on recovery-oriented careSean A Kidd
Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario Head, Psychology Service, Complex Mental Illness Program, Schizophrenia Division, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health CAMH, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 59:243-9. 2014..Attention to mental health reform in hospitals is critical to the emergence of recovery-oriented systems of care and the realization of the mandate set forward in the Mental Health Strategy for Canada. ..
- So I wouldn't feel like I was excluded: the learning experience in computer education for persons with psychiatric disabilitiesMonica Koblik
McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Psychiatr Rehabil J 32:306-8. 2009..Despite this trend, little research has examined the effectiveness of such training programs and the experiences of those who participate. The present study was designed to further knowledge in this area...
- Relationships between humor, subversion, and genuine connection among persons with severe mental illnessSean A Kidd
McMaster University, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciecnes, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Qual Health Res 19:1421-30. 2009..Humor was also emphasized as a means of subverting power differentials revolving around the identity of SMI with, for many, the primary goal being the development of "real" and genuine connections with service providers...
- Integrated Care Pathways for Schizophrenia: A Scoping ReviewSheng Chen
Complex Mental Illness Program, Toronto Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 1001 Queen St W, Unit 2 1, 161, Toronto, ON, M6J 1H1, Canada
Adm Policy Ment Health 43:760-7. 2016..However, in contrast with other specialty healthcare domains, the schizophrenia ICP evidence base is very limited and has not fulsomely begun to address ICPs for effectiveness. ..
- A Multiple Case Study of Mental Health Interventions in Middle Income Countries: Considering the Science of DeliverySean A Kidd
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 11:e0152083. 2016..These findings aligned with key aspects of systems dynamic theory suggesting that it might be a helpful framework in future studies of mental health service implementation in MICs. ..
- Physical health, community participation and schizophreniaPooja Patel
University of Toronto, Canada
J Health Psychol . 2016....
- On the Creative Edge: Exploring Motivations for Creating Non-Suicidal Self-Injury Content OnlineYukari Seko
University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Qual Health Res 25:1334-46. 2015..Participants also reported a double-edged impact of NSSI content both as a trigger and a deterrent to NSSI. ..
- Resilience and suicidality among homeless youthKristin Cleverley
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, Offord Centre for Child Studies, McMaster University, Patterson Building, Room 206, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S3Z5
J Adolesc 34:1049-54. 2011..Finally, those youths' perceived resilience was associated with less suicidal ideation whereas higher psychological distress was associated with higher suicidal ideation, even when accounting for resiliency...
- Effect of a vocationally-focused brief cognitive behavioural intervention on employment-related outcomes for individuals with mood and anxiety disordersSean A Kidd
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario
Cogn Behav Ther 37:247-51. 2008..Unemployed participants reported improved expectancy for employment success...