Mark A Zamorski
Affiliation: Canadian Forces Health Services
- Cross-sectional prevalence survey of intimate partner violence perpetration and victimization in Canadian military personnelMark A Zamorski
Department of Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
BMC Public Health 13:1019. 2013..However, the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) have limited data to guide their prevention and control efforts...
- Suicide prevention in military organizationsMark A Zamorski
Directorate of Mental Health, Canadian Forces Health Services Group Headquarters, 1745 Alta Vista Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Int Rev Psychiatry 23:173-80. 2011..Finally, the evidence behind comprehensive suicide prevention programmes will be reviewed, with a special focus on the US Air Force's benchmark programme...
- A longitudinal pilot study of resilience in Canadian military personnelKerry A Sudom
Director General Military Personnel Research and Analysis, Department of National Defence, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Stress Health 30:377-85. 2014..Implications for the promotion of psychological resilience in military populations and personnel employed in other high-risk occupations are discussed...
- Deployment-related mental disorders among Canadian Forces personnel deployed in support of the mission in Afghanistan, 2001-2008David Boulos
Directorate of Mental Health, Canadian Forces Health Services Group Headquarters, Ottawa, Ont
CMAJ 185:E545-52. 2013..We determined the incidence of Afghanistan deployment-related mental disorders and associated risk factors among personnel previously deployed in support of this mission...
- Mental health of Canadian Forces members while on deployment to AfghanistanBryan G Garber
Canadian Forces Health Services Group Headquarters, Ottawa, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 57:736-44. 2012....
- Do shorter delays to care and mental health system renewal translate into better occupational outcome after mental disorder diagnosis in a cohort of Canadian military personnel who returned from an Afghanistan deployment?David Boulos
Directorate of Mental Health, Canadian Forces Health Services Group Headquarters, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
BMJ Open 5:e008591. 2015..This study investigated the roles of mental health services renewal and delay to care in Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) personnel diagnosed with mental disorders...
- Prospective Analysis of Premilitary Mental Health, Somatic Symptoms, and Postdeployment Postconcussive SymptomsJennifer E C Lee
From the Director General Military Personnel Research and Analysis Lee and Directorate of Mental Health Garber, Zamorski, Department of National Defence, Ottawa, Canada
Psychosom Med 77:1006-17. 2015..However, cross-sectional study designs have made it difficult to understand the role of mental health in the etiology of persistent PCS...
- Longitudinal analysis of psychological resilience and mental health in Canadian military personnel returning from overseas deploymentJennifer E C Lee
Director General Military Personnel Research and Analysis and Directorate of Force Health Protection, Department of National Defence, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0K6, Canada
J Occup Health Psychol 18:327-37. 2013..Additional longitudinal research on the stability of resilience is recommended to build a better understanding of how resilience processes may change over time and contribute to mental health after adverse experiences...
- Prevalence and correlates of mental health problems in Canadian Forces personnel who deployed in support of the mission in Afghanistan: findings from postdeployment screenings, 2009-2012Mark A Zamorski
Head, Deployment Health Section, Directorate of Mental Health, Department of National Defence, Ottawa, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 59:319-26. 2014..An important minority of military personnel will experience mental health problems after overseas deployments. Our study sought to describe the prevalence and correlates of postdeployment mental health problems in Canadian Forces personnel...