John J Triano
Affiliation: Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
- Review of methods used by chiropractors to determine the site for applying manipulationJohn J Triano
Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, 6100 Leslie St, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Chiropr Man Therap 21:36. 2013..The current study was designed to evaluate the literature on the validity and reliability of the more common methods used by doctors of chiropractic to inform the choice of the site at which to apply spinal manipulation...
- Consistency and malleability of manipulation performance in experienced clinicians: a pre-post experimental designJohn J Triano
Professor, Graduate Education and Research, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Electronic address
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 38:407-15. 2015..The purpose of this study was to sample the stability of spinal manipulation performance in peak impulse force development over time and the ability of clinicians to adapt to arbitrary target levels with short-duration training...
- Staging the use of teaching aids in the development of manipulation skillJohn J Triano
Graduate Education and Research Program, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, 6100 Leslie St, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M2H J1 Electronic address
Man Ther 19:184-9. 2014..For programs using lower ratios of laboratory contact hours, teaching aids to augment practice may result in better performance gains when introduced later than if added early in the curriculum...
- Biomechanics--review of approaches for performance training in spinal manipulationJ J Triano
Graduate Education and Research Program, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, 6100 Leslie Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 22:732-9. 2012..Rehearsals should balance use of simulators and volunteer simulated patients to provide the full range of safe and effective learning opportunities prior to students accepting a role as care givers to the public in any clinical setting...
- Effectiveness of manual therapies: the UK evidence reportGert Bronfort
Northwestern Health Sciences University, Bloomington, MN, USA
Chiropr Osteopat 18:3. 2010..The purpose of this report is to provide a succinct but comprehensive summary of the scientific evidence regarding the effectiveness of manual treatment for the management of a variety of musculoskeletal and non-musculoskeletal conditions...
- Reduced thoracolumbar fascia shear strain in human chronic low back painHelene M Langevin
Department of Neurology, University of Vermont, Burlington VT, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 12:203. 2011..The goal of this study was to quantify shear plane motion within the thoracolumbar fascia using ultrasound elasticity imaging in human subjects with and without chronic low back pain (LBP)...
- Chiropractic in North America: toward a strategic plan for professional renewal--outcomes from the 2006 Chiropractic Strategic Planning ConferenceJohn J Triano
Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, 6100 Leslie Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 33:395-405. 2010....
- Literature syntheses for the Council on Chiropractic Guidelines and Practice Parameters: methodologyJohn J Triano
Research Division, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, 6100 Leslie Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 31:645-50. 2008....
- Effects of visual feedback on manipulation performance and patient ratingsJohn J Triano
Texas Back Institute, Plano, Tex, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 29:378-85. 2006....
- Maturation in rate of high-velocity, low-amplitude force developmentJohn J Triano
Graduate Education and Research, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 34:173-80. 2011..The hypothesis posed a natural development in rate of force directly related to the duration of experience. The analysis sought to define interrelationships between key characteristics within the procedure...
- Quantitative feedback versus standard training for cervical and thoracic manipulationJohn J Triano
University of Texas Southwestern and Texas Back Institute, 6300 W Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 26:131-8. 2003..To quantify elements of spinal manipulation therapy performance and to test the strategy of combined rehearsal and quantitative feedback as a means of enhancing student skill development for cervical and thoracic manipulative procedures...
- Procedural skills in spinal manipulation: do prerequisites matter?John J Triano
Texas Back Institute, 6300 West Parker Road, Suite 102, Plano, TX 75093, USA
Spine J 4:557-63. 2004..Training programs are variable and range from extensive formalized curricula to weekend seminars and individual demonstrations. Systematic study of a relationship between prerequisites and skill development has not been conducted...
- Effect of Interactive Neurostimulation Therapy on Inflammatory Response in Patients With Chronic and Recurrent Mechanical Neck PainJulita A Teodorczyk-Injeyan
Associate Professor, Graduate Education and Research Programs, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 38:545-54. 2015....
- Validation of a novel sham cervical manipulation procedureHoward T Vernon
Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, Division of Research, 6100 Leslie St, Toronto, Ontario M2H 3J1, Canada
Spine J 12:1021-8. 2012..No clinical trial of spinal manipulation for chronic neck pain (NP), for either single or multiple intervention session(s), has used an effective manual sham-manipulation control group...
- Comparison of force development strategies of spinal manipulation used for thoracic painEdward D J Cambridge
Graduate Studies, University of Waterloo, 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Man Ther 17:241-5. 2012..Secondary analysis includes examination of the characteristics that account for potential differences...
- Developing skilled performance of lumbar spine manipulationJohn J Triano
University of Texas, Southwestern and Arlington Joint Biomedical Engineering Program and Texas Back Institute, Plano, Texas 75093, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 25:353-61. 2002..To quantify elements of spinal manipulation therapy performance and to test the strategy of combined rehearsal and quantitative feedback as a means of enhancing student skill development...
- Core and Complementary Chiropractic: Lowering Barriers to Patient Utilization of ServicesJohn J Triano
Graduate Education and Research Program, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Chiropr Humanit 23:1-13. 2016..The purpose of this paper is to consider this dilemma in the context of the dynamics of professional socialization, surveys of public attitudes, and a potential strategic action...
- Elevated production of inflammatory mediators including nociceptive chemokines in patients with neck pain: a cross-sectional evaluationJulita A Teodorczyk-Injeyan
Associate Professor, Graduate Education and Research Programs, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 34:498-505. 2011..This study investigated whether the production of inflammatory mediators and chemotactic cytokines (chemokines) is altered in patients with chronic and recurrent neck pain (NP)...
- Measurement of lumbar spine loads and motions during rotational mobilizationJohn J Triano
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 28:731-2; author reply 732. 2005
- A biomechanical assessment of disc pressures in the lumbosacral spine in response to external unloading forcesLisa Ferrara
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Spine Research Laboratory, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Spine J 5:548-53. 2005..Development of a means to permit patients similar spinal unloading while active during normal daily living would have the potential to promote similar effects...
- Biomechanical measure validation for spinal manipulation in clinical settingsCarolyn M Rogers
Joint Biomedical Engineering Program, University of Texas at Arlington, Texas, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 26:539-48. 2003....