Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: British Columbia
- A seriation approach for visualization-driven discovery of co-expression patterns in Serial Analysis of Gene Expression (SAGE) dataOlena Morozova
Genome Sciences Centre, BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
PLoS ONE 3:e3205. 2008..Most analyses of SAGE data aimed at identifying co-expressed genes have been accomplished using various versions of clustering approaches that often result in a number of false positives...
- Applications of new sequencing technologies for transcriptome analysisOlena Morozova
BC Cancer Agency, Genome Sciences Center, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4S6, Canada
Annu Rev Genomics Hum Genet 10:135-51. 2009....
- System-level analysis of neuroblastoma tumor-initiating cells implicates AURKB as a novel drug target for neuroblastomaOlena Morozova
Genome Sciences Centre, BC Cancer Agency, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 16:4572-82. 2010..NB tumor-initiating cells (TICs), isolated from metastases and primary tumors, may escape treatment and contribute to tumor relapse. New therapies that target the TICs may therefore prevent or treat tumor recurrences...
- LNCaP Atlas: gene expression associated with in vivo progression to castration-recurrent prostate cancerTammy L Romanuik
Genome Sciences Centre, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
BMC Med Genomics 3:43. 2010..There is no cure for castration-recurrent prostate cancer (CRPC) and the mechanisms underlying this stage of the disease are unknown...
- Applications of next-generation sequencing technologies in functional genomicsOlena Morozova
BC Cancer Agency Genome Sciences Centre, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Genomics 92:255-64. 2008..This review discusses applications of next-generation sequencing technologies in functional genomics research and highlights the transforming potential these technologies offer...
- Retinoblastoma-binding proteins 4 and 9 are important for human pluripotent stem cell maintenanceMichael D O'Connor
Terry Fox Laboratory, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Exp Hematol 39:866-79.e1. 2011..Here we sought to identify new candidate PS cell regulators to facilitate future improvements in their generation, expansion, and differentiation...
- Genomic analysis distinguishes phases of early development of the mouse atrio-ventricular canalPavle Vrljicak
Terry Fox Laboratory, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5Z 1L3
Physiol Genomics 40:150-7. 2010..These results identify molecular signatures that distinguish different phases of early heart valve formation allowing gene expression and function to be further investigated...
- From cytogenetics to next-generation sequencing technologies: advances in the detection of genome rearrangements in tumorsOlena Morozova
BC Cancer Agency Genome Sciences Centre, Suite 100 570 West 7th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z4S6, Canada
Biochem Cell Biol 86:81-91. 2008..We end with a discussion of the potential that next-generation sequencing technologies may offer to the field...
- Penetrance of biallelic SMARCAL1 mutations is associated with environmental and genetic disturbances of gene expressionAlireza Baradaran-Heravi
Department of Medical Genetics, Child and Family Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 21:2572-87. 2012..We conclude that the SMARCAL1 annealing helicase buffers fluctuations in gene expression and that alterations in gene expression contribute to the penetrance of SIOD...