Alina S Gerrie
Affiliation: British Columbia
- Chemoresistance can be overcome with high-dose chemotherapy and autologous stem-cell transplantation for relapsed and refractory Hodgkin lymphomaA S Gerrie
Leukemia Bone Marrow Transplant Program of British Columbia and the Division of Hematology, British Columbia Cancer Agency and the University of British Columbia Center for Lymphoid Cancer Research and the Division of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency and the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Ann Oncol 25:2218-23. 2014..The role for HDT/ASCT in chemoresistant HL is less well defined. We evaluated long-term outcomes of relapsed/refractory HL patients whose disease was refractory to secondary chemotherapy preceding HDT/ASCT...
- D(T)PACE as salvage therapy for aggressive or refractory multiple myelomaAlina S Gerrie
Hematology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Br J Haematol 161:802-10. 2013..Although the overall response rate of 49% in this poor prognosis cohort is reasonable, the PFS is short, suggesting the best role for D(T)PACE is in bridging to definitive therapy, such as transplantation...
- Oral fludarabine and rituximab as initial therapy for chronic lymphocytic leukemia or small lymphocytic lymphoma: population-based experience matches clinical trialsAlina S Gerrie
Division of Hematology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Leuk Lymphoma 53:77-82. 2012..FR with oral fludarabine was safely, conveniently and successfully given to community-based patients, irrespective of age, for first-line therapy for CLL/SLL, achieving OS and TFS similar to those in clinical trials...
- Fludarabine and rituximab for relapsed or refractory hairy cell leukemiaAlina S Gerrie
Division of Hematology, University of British Columbia, 2775 Laurel St, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Blood 119:1988-91. 2012..Five-year progression-free and overall survivals are 89% and 83%, respectively. FR is a safe and effective therapeutic option for relapsed/refractory HCL...
- Population-based characterization of the genetic landscape of chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients referred for cytogenetic testing in British Columbia, Canada: the role of provincial laboratory standardizationAlina S Gerrie
Leukemia BMT Program of BC, Vancouver General Hospital and British Columbia Cancer Agency, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Cancer Genet 207:316-25. 2014..Provinces or districts that work together to care for CLL patients can effectively pool data with appropriate laboratory validation to ensure standardization of results. ..
- Immunoglobulin heavy chain (IGH@) translocations negatively impact treatment-free survival for chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients who have an isolated deletion 13q abnormalityAlina S Gerrie
Division of Hematology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Cancer Genet 205:523-7. 2012..Knowledge of the t(IGH@) status in CLL is therefore of clinical importance, as del13q patients with concomitant t(IGH@) may not retain the previously expected favorable outcome...
- IgG4-related disease with hypergammaglobulinemic hyperviscosity and retinopathyPatrick C W Wong
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Eur J Haematol 90:250-6. 2013..Combination therapy with fludarabine and rituximab in IgG4-RD has not previously been reported and can be considered in patients with severe refractory disease...