Affiliation: British Columbia
- Protecting health care workers from SARS and other respiratory pathogens: a review of the infection control literatureBruce Gamage
British Columbia Centre for Disease Control, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Am J Infect Control 33:114-21. 2005..SARS focused attention on the adequacy of and compliance with infection control practices in preventing airborne and droplet-spread transmission of infectious agents...
- Personal protective equipment in health care: can online infection control courses transfer knowledge and improve proper selection and use?Chun Yip Hon
Worksafe and Wellness, Vancouver Coastal Health, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Am J Infect Control 36:e33-7. 2008..Postcourse, all 3 scenarios demonstrated improvement in PPE sequence scores (P = .001); moreover, hand hygiene also was more frequent during both donning and doffing of PPE (P < .001)...
- Identifying the gaps in infection prevention and control resources for long-term care facilities in British ColumbiaBruce Gamage
Provincial Infection Control Network of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Am J Infect Control 40:150-4. 2012..Infection prevention and control (IPC) is a critical, although often neglected, part of long-term care (LTC) management. Little is known about what IPC resources are available for LTC and how that impacts patient care and safety...
- Finding the gaps: an assessment of infection control surveillance needs in British Columbia acute care facilitiesBruce Gamage
Provincial Infection Control Network, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Infect Control 36:706-10. 2008..This paper reports on an infection prevention and control surveillance survey of acute care facilities (ACFs) performed by the Provincial Infection Control Network of British Columbia...
- Protecting health care workers from SARS and other respiratory pathogens: organizational and individual factors that affect adherence to infection control guidelinesDavid Moore
Occupational Health and Safety Agency for Healthcare in British Columbia, Canada
Am J Infect Control 33:88-96. 2005....
- Determinants of healthcare workers' compliance with infection control proceduresAnnalee Yassi
Occupational Health and Safety Agency for Health Care, Vancouver, British Columbia
Healthc Q 10:44-52. 2007..Training should be offered to high-risk HCWs, demonstrating an organizational commitment to their safety...