Victoria J Cook
Affiliation: British Columbia
- Case 22-2004: a 30-year-old woman with a pericardial effusionVictoria J Cook
N Engl J Med 351:1804-5; author reply 1804-5. 2004
- Transmission network analysis in tuberculosis contact investigationsVictoria J Cook
Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, 655 W 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Infect Dis 196:1517-27. 2007..We studied whether this approach can detect patterns of Mycobacterium tuberculosis transmission and play a helpful role in the complex process of prioritizing tuberculosis (TB) contact investigations...
- Modern contact investigation methods for enhancing tuberculosis control in aboriginal communitiesVictoria J Cook
Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Int J Circumpolar Health 71:18643. 2012..Ultimately, the measure of success will be a clear and sustained decline in TB incidence in Aboriginal communities...
- Tuberculous lymphadenitis in Manitoba: incidence, clinical characteristics and treatmentVictoria J Cook
University of Manitoba, Health Sciences Centre, Winnipeg, Canada
Can Respir J 11:279-86. 2004..Tuberculous lymphadenitis (TBL) is an important form of extrapulmonary tuberculosis (TB). Recent studies have shown an increase in TBL in Canada...
- Tuberculosis and chronic kidney disease: an emerging global syndemicKamila Romanowski
Faculty of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Kidney Int 90:34-40. 2016..To begin addressing TB-CKD, a clear understanding of the relationship between these 2 conditions needs to be established, and consistent, evidence-based screening and treatment guidelines need to be developed. ..
- Whole-genome sequencing and social-network analysis of a tuberculosis outbreakJennifer L Gardy
British Columbia Centre for Disease Control, Vancouver, BC, Canada
N Engl J Med 364:730-9. 2011..Traditional contact tracing did not identify a source. We used whole-genome sequencing and social-network analysis in an effort to describe the outbreak dynamics at a higher resolution...
- Predicting tuberculosis risk in the foreign-born population of British Columbia, Canada: study protocol for a retrospective population-based cohort studyLisa A Ronald
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
BMJ Open 6:e013488. 2016..We aim to examine TB risk factors among the foreign-born population in British Columbia (BC), Canada, and to create and validate a clinically relevant multivariate risk score to predict active TB...
- Treatment outcomes from community-based drug resistant tuberculosis treatment programs: a systematic review and meta-analysisPAMELA WEISS
Division of Respirology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
BMC Infect Dis 14:333. 2014..The objective of this study was to synthesize available evidence on treatment outcomes from community based multi-drug resistant (MDRTB) and extensively drug resistant tuberculosis (XDRTB) treatment programs...
- Genetic variations of NAT2 and CYP2E1 and isoniazid hepatotoxicity in a diverse populationSo Yamada
Canada s Michael Smith Genome Sciences Centre, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Pharmacogenomics 10:1433-45. 2009..This pilot study investigated the effects of genetic variation in NAT2 and CYP2E1 on isoniazid-induced hepatotoxicity in TB contacts in British Columbia, Canada...
- The lack of association between bacille Calmette-Guerin vaccination and clustering of Aboriginals with tuberculosis in western CanadaVictoria J Cook
British Columbia Centre for Disease Control, Vancouver, Canada
Can Respir J 12:134-8. 2005..Bacille Calmette-Guerin (BCG) vaccination has been used as a preventive measure against TB in this high-risk population...