John L Benedet
Affiliation: British Columbia
- Costs of colposcopy services and their impact on the incidence and mortality rate of cervical cancer in CanadaJohn L Benedet
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstertics and Gynecology, University of British Columbia, 805 W 12th Avenue, Vancouver, B C, V5Z 1M4 Canada
J Low Genit Tract Dis 9:160-6. 2005..Knowledge of such information is essential before newer technology such as liquid-based cytology and human papillomavirus testing is introduced or replaces the traditional systems used...
- p16 and MIB1 improve the sensitivity and specificity of the diagnosis of high grade squamous intraepithelial lesions: methodological issues in a report of 447 biopsies with consensus diagnosis and HPV HCII testingDirk Van Niekerk
Department of Cancer Imaging, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Gynecol Oncol 107:S233-40. 2007....
- Basal cell carcinoma of the vulva: clinical features and treatment results in 28 patientsJ L Benedet
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Obstet Gynecol 90:765-8. 1997..To review our experience and that in the recent literature regarding basal cell carcinoma of the vulva to see whether current management guidelines are appropriate...
- The quality of community colposcopic practiceJohn L Benedet
Divisions of Pathology and Gynaecologic Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency and the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Obstet Gynecol 103:92-100. 2004..To estimate the quality of community colposcopic practice in British Columbia through an assessment of the degree of correlation between colposcopy, cytology, and histology...
- An analysis of 84244 patients from the British Columbia cytology-colposcopy programJ L Benedet
Divisions of Gynaecologic Oncology and Pathology, BC Cancer Agency and the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 4E6
Gynecol Oncol 92:127-34. 2004..To determine the diagnostic correlation between referral cytology, initial biopsies and colposcopic impression in patients assessed in a provincial cytology screening program...
- DNA ploidy compared with human papilloma virus testing (Hybrid Capture II) and conventional cervical cytology as a primary screening test for cervical high-grade lesions and cancer in 1555 patients with biopsy confirmationMartial Guillaud
Department of Cancer Imaging, British Columbia Cancer Research Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia
Cancer 107:309-18. 2006..In that spirit, the authors are testing large-scale genomic or DNA ploidy measurements as an inexpensive and semiautomated strategy...