Genomes and Genes
- Retropseudogenes derived from the human Ro/SS-A autoantigen-associated hY RNAsJonathan Perreault
RNA Group Groupe ARN, Université de Sherbrooke Sherbrooke, Quebec, J1H 5N4, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 33:2032-41. 2005..Considering the functions of proteins known to bind subsets of hY RNAs, hY pseudogenes constitute a new class of L1-dependent non-autonomous retroelements, potentially involved in post-transcriptional regulation of gene expression...
- Reduced proportions of natural killer T cells are present in the relatives of lupus patients and are associated with autoimmunityJoan Wither
Arthritis Centre of Excellence, Division of Genetics and Development, Toronto Western Hospital Research Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R108. 2008..Here, we used flow cytometry to investigate whether some of the immune abnormalities that are seen in the peripheral blood lymphocyte population of lupus patients are seen in their first-degree relatives...
- Anti-Sa antibodies and antibodies against cyclic citrullinated peptide are not equivalent as predictors of severe outcomes in patients with recent-onset polyarthritisGilles Boire
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, University of Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Res Ther 7:R592-603. 2005....
- Anticitrullinated protein antibodies and rheumatoid factor fluctuate in early inflammatory arthritis and do not predict clinical outcomesLillian Barra
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, St Joseph s Health Care London, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
J Rheumatol 40:1259-67. 2013..Our objective was to determine whether ACPA and RF remain stable in early inflammatory arthritis and whether their trajectories over time or baseline levels predicted clinical outcomes...
- Outcomes in recent-onset inflammatory polyarthritis differ according to initial titers, persistence over time, and specificity of the autoantibodiesMarie Caroline Guzian
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:1624-32. 2010..To prospectively evaluate the predictive value of initial titers and subsequent variations of 3 rheumatoid arthritis–associated antibodies for outcomes at 30 months in patients with recent-onset polyarthritis...
- Determining best practices in early rheumatoid arthritis by comparing differences in treatment at sites in the Canadian Early Arthritis CohortJamie A Harris
From the Rheumatology Centre, St Joseph s Health Care, London, Ontario, Canada the Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, New York, USA the Arthritis Centre, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba the University of Toronto, Toronto Southlake Regional Health Centre, Newmarket, Ontario the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Division of Rheumatology, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec the Rheumatic Disease Unit, Institut de Rhumatologie, Montreal, Quebec McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario and Western University, London, Ontario, Canada
J Rheumatol 40:1823-30. 2013..To determine site variation by comparing outcomes across sites in an early rheumatoid arthritis cohort...
- The DERAA HLA-DR alleles in patients with early polyarthritis: protection against severe disease and lack of association with rheumatoid arthritis autoantibodiesNathalie Carrier
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 60:698-707. 2009....
- Predictors of pain for patients with early inflammatory polyarthritisPatricia L Dobkin
McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 65:992-9. 2013..To identify predictors of pain at 1 year in patients with early inflammatory polyarthritis (EIP)...
- Remission in early rheumatoid arthritis -- a comparison of new ACR/EULAR remission criteria to established criteriaBindee Kuriya
Division of Rheumatology, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Rheumatol 39:1155-8. 2012..To describe the frequency of remission in an early rheumatoid arthritis (ERA) cohort...
- Prognosis of seronegative patients in a large prospective cohort of patients with early inflammatory arthritisLillian Barra
From the Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, St Joseph s Health Care London, University of Western Ontario, London Rebecca McDonald Center for Arthritis and Autoimmune Disease, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto Southlake Regional Health Centre, Newmarket, Ontario Rheumatology Division, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke Rheumatic Disease Unit, Institut de Rheumatologie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec Arthritis Center, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Inflammatory Arthritis Center, Hospital for Special Surgery, Department of Biostatistics, Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, New York, New York, USA Dr Barra has received honoraria from Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, Amgen Canada Inc, AbbVie, further support was provided by Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, UCB Canada Inc, Bristol Myers Squibb Canada Co, Abbott Laboratories Ltd, and Janssen Biotech Inc a wholly owned subsidiary of Johnson and Johnson Inc L Barra, MD, MPH J E Pope, MD, MPH, Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology,
J Rheumatol 41:2361-9. 2014..Our study determined the prognosis of baseline ACPA-negative and RF-negative patients...
- Ro-associated Y RNAs in metazoans: evolution and diversificationJonathan Perreault
Departement de Biochimie, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Mol Biol Evol 24:1678-89. 2007..Further evolutionary insight was obtained from the analysis of several thousand Y retropseudogenes among various species. Taken together, these results confirm the rich and diversified evolution history of Y RNAs...
- SDAI 50 is more stringent than EULAR response measure and a better predictor of low disease state/remission in early rheumatoid arthritis in the first 6 months: Results from an Early Arthritis CohortMohammed A Omair
Division of Rheumatology, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) . 2016..To compare the EULAR and SDAI50 response measures (RMs) and their impact on future response to treatment in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (ERA)...
- The World Health Organization Fracture Risk Assessment Tool (FRAX) underestimates incident and recurrent fractures in consecutive patients with fragility fracturesSophie Roux
Division of Rheumatology S R, N C, P M A, G B, Department of Medicine, Division of Orthopedic Surgery F C, and Department of Family Medicine M C B, University of Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1H 5N4 and Office of Medical Liaison M B, Merck Canada Inc, Montreal, Québec H9H 4M7
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:2400-8. 2014..The World Health Organization Fracture Risk Assessment tool (FRAX) was developed to identify patients at risk of sustaining a fragility fracture (FF)...
- RTAnalyzer: a web application for finding new retrotransposons and detecting L1 retrotransposition signaturesJean Francois Lucier
RNA Group Groupe ARN, Departement De Microbiologie et Infectiologie, Faculte de Medecine et des Sciences de la Sante, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec J1H 5N4, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 35:W269-74. 2007..This score represents the likelihood of a given sequence originating from a retrotransposition event involving the L1 machinery. RTAnalyzer may be used under GNU public license, and is available at http://www.riboclub.org/rtanalyzer...
- The Canadian Early Arthritis Cohort (CATCH): patients with new-onset synovitis meeting the 2010 ACR/EULAR classification criteria but not the 1987 ACR classification criteria present with less severe disease activityVivian P Bykerk
Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Rheumatol 39:2071-80. 2012..Our objective was to describe characteristics of Canadian patients with early arthritis and examine differences between those fulfilling 1987 and 2010 rheumatoid arthritis (RA) classification criteria...
- The effect of rheumatoid arthritis-associated autoantibodies on the incidence of cardiovascular events in a large inception cohort of early inflammatory arthritisLillian J Barra
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Western University, London, Ontario
Rheumatology (Oxford) . 2017..RA is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular events (CVEs). The objective was to estimate independent effects of RA autoantibodies on the incident CVEs in patients with early RA...
- Serum levels of 14-3-3η protein supplement C-reactive protein and rheumatoid arthritis-associated antibodies to predict clinical and radiographic outcomes in a prospective cohort of patients with recent-onset inflammatory polyarthritisNathalie Carrier
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
Arthritis Res Ther 18:37. 2016..Our objective was to evaluate, over a 5-year prospective period of observation, the additional prognostic potential of serum 14-3-3η protein in EPA patients...
- Low prevalence of work disability in early inflammatory arthritis (EIA) and early rheumatoid arthritis at enrollment into a multi-site registry: results from the catch cohortLauren Mussen
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, St Joseph s Health Care, Western University, 268 Grosvenor St, London, ON N6A 4V2, Canada
Rheumatol Int 33:457-65. 2013..3) or RF positivity (p = 0.6). We found rates of work disability to be low at entry into this EIA cohort compared to previous studies. There may be potential for intervention in ERA to prevent the development of work disability...
- Canadian recommendations for use of methotrexate in patients with rheumatoid arthritisWanruchada Katchamart
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Rheumatol 37:1422-30. 2010..To develop recommendations for the use of methotrexate (MTX) in patients with rheumatoid arthritis...
- Priming primary care physicians to treat osteoporosis after a fragility fracture: an integrated multidisciplinary approachSophie Roux
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
J Rheumatol 40:703-11. 2013..To evaluate 2 incremental levels of intervention designed to increase initiation of osteoporosis treatment by primary care physicians (PCP) following fragility fractures (FF)...
- Autoantibodies and microvascular damage are independent predictive factors for the progression of Raynaud's phenomenon to systemic sclerosis: a twenty-year prospective study of 586 patients, with validation of proposed criteria for early systemic sclerosiMartial Koenig
Notre Dame Hospital, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 58:3902-12. 2008....
- CD40-activated B cells from patients with systemic lupus erythematosus can be modulated by therapeutic immunoglobulins in vitroSonia Néron
Recherche et Developpement, HEMA QUEBEC, Ingénierie cellulaire, 1070, avenue des Sciences de la Vie, Quebec, QC G1V 5C3, Canada
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 57:447-58. 2009..In this study, two facets of SLE B cells were investigated, namely their in vitro response to CD40-CD154 and the effect of treatment with human immunoglobulins for intravenous use (IVIg)...
- Care gap in patients with early inflammatory arthritis with a high fracture risk identified using FRAX(®)Carly K Cheng
Division of Rheumatology, Mount Sinai Hospital, 60 Murray Street, 2nd Floor, Toronto, Ontario M5T 3L9, Canada
J Rheumatol 37:2221-5. 2010....
- 14-3-3η Autoantibodies: Diagnostic Use in Early Rheumatoid ArthritisWalter P Maksymowych
From the Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto Augurex Life Sciences Corp, North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Jan van Breemen Research Institute Reade VU University Medical Center Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam Division of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, New York, USA University of Cambridge, Cambridge GlaxoSmithKline Inc, Brentford, UK W P Maksymowych, MD, Professor of Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Alberta G Boire, MD, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, Université de Sherbrooke D van Schaardenburg, MD, Jan van Breemen Research Institute Reade S Wichuk, MD, Department of Medicine, University of Alberta S Turk, MD, Jan van Breemen Research Institute Reade M Boers, MD, Professor of Clinical Epidemiology, VU University Medical Center K A Siminovitch, MD, Professor of Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto V Bykerk
J Rheumatol 42:1587-94. 2015..To describe the expression and diagnostic use of 14-3-3η autoantibodies in early rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- A novel approach to measure the contribution of matrix metalloproteinase in the overall net proteolytic activity present in synovial fluids of patients with arthritisNathalie Simard
INRS Institut Armand Frappier, University of Quebec, Laval, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R125. 2006..These results emphasize the diversity of the MMPs involved in arthritis and, from a clinical perspective, suggest an interesting alternative for testing the potential of new protease inhibitors for the treatment of arthritis...
- Cancer-associated myositis in the presence of anti-Jo1 autoantibodies and the antisynthetase syndromeDominic Legault
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Pointe Claire, Quebec, Canada
J Rheumatol 35:169-71. 2008..Our patients remind us that the presence of antisynthetase antibodies (and even antisynthetase syndrome) in a patient with inflammatory myositis does not preclude the diagnosis of cancer-associated myositis...
- Atypical fracture of the tibial diaphysis associated with bisphosphonate therapy: a case reportLyne Bissonnette
Division of Rheumatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sherbrooke, 3001, 12th Avenue North, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Bone 56:406-9. 2013....
- Partnership for fragility bone fracture care provision and prevention program (P4Bones): study protocol for a secondary fracture prevention pragmatic controlled trialIsabelle Gaboury
Department of Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine, University of Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
Implement Sci 8:10. 2013....