Marie Claude Bertrand
- Social cognitive impairments in first episode psychosisMarie Claude Bertrand
Department of Psychology, University of Montreal, 90 Vincent d Indy Avenue, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2V 2S9
Schizophr Res 95:124-33. 2007..However, most have focused on a single aspect of social cognition, namely "theory of mind" and/or included patients with long standing illness...
- Structural neural correlates of impairments in social cognition in first episode psychosisMarie Claude Bertrand
Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Soc Neurosci 3:79-88. 2008..We concluded that structural abnormalities within the MSN may account for the social cognitive deficits present in some psychiatric disorders, such as schizophrenia...
- Selective abnormal modulation of hippocampal activity during memory formation in first-episode psychosisAmelie M Achim
Brain Imaging Group, Douglas Hospital Research Centre FBC1, 6875 Boul LaSalle, Verdun, QC H4H 1R3, Canada
Arch Gen Psychiatry 64:999-1014. 2007..Memory is one of the cognitive functions most affected in schizophrenia, with deficits observed from the first episode of psychosis (FEP). Previous studies have indicated that some memory processes may be more affected than others...
- Cognitive insight and verbal memory in first episode of psychosisMartin Lepage
Douglas Mental Health University Institute and Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, 6875 LaSalle Boulevard, Verdun Quebec, H4H 1R3 Canada
Eur Psychiatry 23:368-74. 2008..These results suggest that cognitive insight, but not clinical insight, may rely on memory processes whereby current experiences are appraised based on previous ones...
- Medial temporal lobe activations during associative memory encoding for arbitrary and semantically related object pairsAmelie M Achim
Brain Imaging Group, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Montreal, Canada
Brain Res 1161:46-55. 2007..Most importantly, this study suggests that associative processing can activate the MTL regardless of the pre-existence of an association between the items of a pair...